Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sees a guild downing it, runs up, throws a shuriken at it, vanishes, waits for loot/gold/coin roll/gold again

Plz gawd no ress timers for this boss... ya thats not happeneing..

LFM 100 of each for zerg boss

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully there won't be some sort of "if you die, the boss goes nuts" like Kazzak in BC.

Many a raid were wiped by a random flying down to "help", dying, and starting a chain reaction of deaths until the wipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RunItsTheFuz View Post
    Hopefully there won't be some sort of "if you die, the boss goes nuts" like Kazzak in BC.

Many a raid were wiped by a random flying down to "help", dying, and starting a chain reaction of deaths until the wipe.
    I remember doing that on purpose to the Alliance (when I played horde) and getting yelled at on the forums and even by a GM at one point. Fun times

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    You may need heroic guild to kill it but everyone on your faction can get tag so there can be 100s of people there if you want. Feel sorry for low pop realms they will never get to kill it. Which seems a dumb mistake by blizzard. Also if your computer can't handle sha with wows graphics its about time you upgraded.
    Low realm pop players should already have OQ downloaded, they will be able to get in a group easily.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyisnotdead View Post
    Plz gawd no ress timers for this boss... ya thats not happeneing..

LFM 100 of each for zerg boss
    Don't think that'll work unless you get like the entire server there. He does a sort of chain lightning spell that jumps to up to 20 nearby players, I presume at 5+ orso it will oneshot anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Don't think that'll work unless you get like the entire server there. He does a sort of chain lightning spell that jumps to up to 20 nearby players, I presume at 5+ orso it will oneshot anybody.
    Just every Dps be in a prot spec, the vegence will handle the rest.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

I bet my 100 dollars that it will be nerfed to oblivion after endless rows of whine grief and ragequit threads

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Low realm pop players should already have OQ downloaded, they will be able to get in a group easily.
    I know for Galleon you can't get loot cross-server. For sha you can but galleon you cannot. I wonder if they'll continue the pattern of 'the harder boss is realm only', or if it was just because galleon was so rare. I hope the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    When you see a heroic guild doing it just run up and pew pew with em, Voilà free epics.
    Exactly this. Depending on how friendly your 25-man guild is on your server (assuming most medium and below only have 1 per faction).. they may announce they are going to attempt. There really is nothing for them to lose by having a few dozen extra scrubs dps outside their raid group.

When I read the blue talk about how diffcult this boss was going to be, I had flashbacks to the D3 devs talking about how hard it was going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    When I read the blue talk about how diffcult this boss was going to be, I had flashbacks to the D3 devs talking about how hard it was going to be.
    Hopefully there isn't ONE SINGLE DEVELOPER doing every boss, add and trash mechanic in 5.2, as Jay Wilson let happen in Diablo 3.
    Wyatt Cheng might be one of the best, but even those will produce manure when doing alone the work of a team.

If its truly tunned for heroic raiding guilds its a terribad idea... Oposing factions will eb wipping everyone on that fight and anyone "trying to help" too, cause it takes 1 person positioned on the wrong place to wipe the entire freaking raid as it is now. Hard world bosses = fail...

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed the thread title per post #6.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    On a server like mine, Kel'thuzad where there was literally 5-7+ groups of people waiting for sha kills..Faction tagging will just allow us to gank the boss with 12 groups of 40. Not even joking. That's how sha was. Literally 5-7 groups trying to go for one tag. THis boss will be cake just by the sheer number of people going at it I am thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't be serious. If anybody has that much issues, they have to scale their WoW graphics down a notch.
    I play on minimum everything, need to completely disable all combat logging (not just parsers like Recount, but actually close the combat log tabs in the chat pane, so as not to receive as many updates) and it's still a coin toss as to whether I'll get to remain connected. ...and even if I do, 0.2-0.5 FPS.

Edit: And my brother with a fancy new computer who runs 60 FPS on max everything all the time drops to about 20 on Sha. He then has the gall to complain about it in my presence.
    Last edited by espoire; 2013-02-12 at 06:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, I am a very good player, yet without a heroic raiding guild I don't think I'm gonna get my fair chance at some of them epix. What's the design philosophy here?
    Its a world boss so it uses the personal loot system. You don't even need to be in a group as long as others of your faction have the boss tagged. Stay around and help kill the boss in between grave yard runs and get your loot once its dead. It doesn't require you to be in a heroic guild, heroic geared or anything else. It just requires someone on your server to carry the lions share of the work.

Its the design philosophy of you can get it even if you aren't geared. But we aren't just going to such high level gear to anyone.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

oodasta is the answer to us that wanted 120man worldbosses back. I tryed him on PTR and I love it so much damn fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    But did you see the jumping fire damage? I don't think it's possible to survive that.
    According to WoWhead and WoWDB its only 150k damage increase by 50% per jump with up to 19 jumps (20 total players). It also has a two second cast time.

That isn't that much damage even now. It will be even less once properly geared for the encounter. It is also a run away mechanic. If no one is around the targetted player then it can't jump and can't do massive amounts at the 19th jump. It will eventually get harder because the boss has a soft enrage through a stacking damage buff.

So you'll have all day to kill him if you want but eventually he'll just one shot through his 10% stacking buff.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres a jumping attack, that continuasly chain to ppl withing 3 yards of the originating target, dealing double damage each time it jumps, and I believe that after a certain number of jumps (3?) itll jump back to the same target, meaning if you are stacked up past 2-3 ppl, they will get instagibbed. It's also casted constantly on multiple targets

So, a faction just rushing this without any planning will most likely quickly wipe. A wandering player jumping in to get the loot will be responsible for his own healing. A group of griefers can easily wipe an entire raid with proper positioning. On the other hand, it seems that if you get the spreading part done, its mostly a tank/spank with emphasis on the tanking, since tanks have to swap AND they can't taunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Theres a jumping attack, that continuasly chain to ppl withing 3 yards of the originating target, dealing double damage each time it jumps, and I believe that after a certain number of jumps (3?) itll jump back to the same target, meaning if you are stacked up past 2-3 ppl, they will get instagibbed. It's also casted constantly on multiple targets

So, a faction just rushing this without any planning will most likely quickly wipe. A wandering player jumping in to get the loot will be responsible for his own healing. A group of griefers can easily wipe an entire raid with proper positioning. On the other hand, it seems that if you get the spreading part done, its mostly a tank/spank with emphasis on the tanking, since tanks have to swap AND they can't taunt.
    thats what makes it fun orgamizing 5 40man raid while trying to not get trolled by the alli