Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I maintain that this resignation is all a smokescreen and he was just finally pushed into the Death Star core by Darth Vader.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    The Prophecy of the Popes says that the last Pope will be preceded by Pope Benedict XVI, and will be named "Peter the Roman". One of the current favourite for the Cathedra Romana (papal throne) is a guy named Peter Turkson, a black dude from Ghana. Prepare accordingly.
    Not this fucking shit again....

If it ain't the Mayan's then it's the Pope. How many fucking retarded nonsense irrelevant stupid prophecies can people possible pull out of their asses and dance around before they get bored?

Prepare how? Dig a hole in a ground collect assault rifles and cans of beans? Or burn all your earthly possesions, drive/fly to Kansas and hang yourself in a barn?

You know how only people who believe in Ghosts ever see Ghosts...I wish for once one of these "Ends of the World" (the what, 11th in the past 4 years?) would bloody happen...to those who believe in them.

Now on topic.

I so hope this time they won't pick a Conservative (right winger catholic) and atleast someone who was born after WW2. Also I really hope the next Synod will come to their senses catch up with current events and shake up the Church a bit. It's a 1600 year old established institution I get it that change is slow and difficult, but it is necessary. Vatican doctrine is already fairly ahead of most Christian religious groups when it comes to Science (short of the hick-up with Stem Cell research), now it's time for the Church to get with the program when it comes to Social issues, like Women's rights, Contraception, Gay Rights.

This is a must, if the Church wishes to stay relevant well into the 21'st Century and if they wish to get progressive Catholics (WAST MAJORITY of Catholics ESPECIALLY in Europe back into the Church.)

I'm an Agnostic...but Catholics tend to scare and worry me less then most other Religious groups....
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2013-02-11 at 10:44 PM.

i wonder if he really resigned over health or because of the scandals.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i wonder if he really resigned over health or because of the scandals.

More than likely scandals seeing as he did absolutely nothing at all during his stint as pope. Pope probably has the best healthcare around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    More than likely scandals seeing as he did absolutely nothing at all during his stint as pope. Pope probably has the best healthcare around.
    One could argue he shouldn't need neither that or bullet resistant glass in his car.

Deleted
    thats not true, he sent what? 1 tweet...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moorken View Post
    they should make Chuck Norris pope!
    why should he be pope? he controls god!

10+ Year Old Account
    German Chancellor Angela Merkel led tributes from political and religious leaders across the globe, hailing Benedict as "one of the most significant religious thinkers of our time"
    I can't think of anything this guy did other than get away with the pedo priests.

The guiding principle of Benedict's papacy has been to reinvigorate the Catholic faith, particularly among young people and in countries with rising levels of secularism such as in Europe and North America.

This too, how about we move forward and not back into the dark ages.

Well this is interesting news. Even tho I'm not religious I look forward to the new pope.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has actually done a lot. I am sure that a Catholic could elaborate. Also being able to prolong ones life doesn't mean that the quality of life remains. Better to retire before your QoL takes a dive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Benedict was later seen building a spherical space station, and seeking a new apprentice.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    The Prophecy of the Popes says that the last Pope will be preceded by Pope Benedict XVI, and will be named "Peter the Roman". One of the current favourite for the Cathedra Romana (papal throne) is a guy named Peter Turkson, a black dude from Ghana. Prepare accordingly.
    Well, I've prepared by doing nothing.

Because nothing is exactly what I expect will happen.
    Putin khuliyo

From my understanding Benedict was always intended to be more of a transitional pope. Nothing too out of the box, just a traditional figure to lead the church for a little while after the exceedingly long papacy of John Paul II. If they are going to go for someone less traditional, this would be the time to do it.

I would say Peter Turkson getting picked might be a bit more likely then not. While most popes in the past have been Italian, the truth is the Italians don't hold the same power they used to when it comes to papal sections. I could very well see them decide that the future of the Catholic church lies in Africa, and it's time for the upper leadership to reflect that reality.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I would love a pope thats either a woman, a person of color, or just more left than right. Maybe one that at least wont condom condom use. Meh, Im not religious at all, but the pope does have influence on a ton of people.

Deleted
    Aww. i've seen this news, Who will be the next pope then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I am not sure how we can stay on topic.

I am personally happy, that Popetine is stepping down after all a former Nazi and a Sith Lord has no business dicktating religion to 1/3 of the worlds population.

I hope they pick someone to replace him that is able to add to greater tolerance globally and can teach the people of his religion the value of a condom. Also time to life the celibacy rules of Catholicism because in this day and age it causes the potentiality of sexual misconduct. The priesthood should take up a policy of religious marriage, where people of faith are married. This will help stop so many problems.

I wasn't a fan of this pope, he seemed pretty old school and conservative compared to how some religious leaders are these days. The Dalai Lama is exactly how a religious leader should be these days. Progressive and compassionate. I'm sure the pope was a nice guy and all... but the catholic church needs someone to move them forward, not backwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    German Chancellor Angela Merkel led tributes from political and religious leaders across the globe, hailing Benedict as "one of the most significant religious thinkers of our time"
    I can't think of anything this guy did other than get away with the pedo priests.

The guiding principle of Benedict's papacy has been to reinvigorate the Catholic faith, particularly among young people and in countries with rising levels of secularism such as in Europe and North America.

This too, how about we move forward and not back into the dark ages.
    And support Ghana in creating a kill the gays bill, tell the third world that ever sperm is sacred, condoms are a sin... ect.

Hoping that whoever replaces him will have an open mind to address a lot of issues that seemed to have caught some religious officials looking too conservative.

(Disclaimer: This is just a joke, take a look at the picture, and laugh, its not my intention to offend anyone, and I actually respect the pope's decision to step down. Other popes have clinged to their title even when they clearly weren't fit for the many demands that come along with it. This guy is actually acknowledging that he's not all powerful and that its time to pass the torch. And even though I'm not catholic, I can respect someone who can recognize his own limits.)

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Relax he is just stepping back to lead the dark empire of the sith once more ^^

Edit: Ohhh Derah you beat me to it ^^