Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

5.2 too early.

Honestly, it just feels like there should be another month, not 2 weeks. What does everyone else think?

I'm more interested in the view of people who raid rather than pvpers/casuals - where is your guild at in progression? Would you appreciate a full month before the patch dropping?

The PTR is still phasing through the 5 stages, stop trying to push content that's untested......

Merging this thread with the other on exactly the same topic. Please do not make duplicate threads -- Eschaton
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-02-12 at 06:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Honestly, it just feels like there should be another month, not 2 weeks. What does everyone else think?

I'm more interested in the view of people who raid rather than pvpers/casuals - where is your guild at in progression? Would you appreciate a full month before the patch dropping?

The PTR is still phasing through the 5 stages, stop trying to push content that's untested......
    "Push out content faster!" "You push out content to fast!" People should make up their damn mind.

OnT: I honestly don't think it's to early nor to late.

They should make it like with HoF and ToES...
    You would have to kill Sha in ToES to allow you enter ToT.

I was hoping it would have been out already...

A patch is never late, He arrives precisely when he means too.....

Before this upcoming patch every patch was "too slow." Now that the patches are coming out faster they're "too fast." Make up your mind peeps!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    OnT: I honestly don't think it's to early nor to late.
    Seriously though, this. My casual raiding guild is 4/16H now (16/16N last week). Honestly, heroics are kinda boring, being largely the same fight. It seems like the right time for a patch. It lends a sense of urgency to our heroic kills, and gave us sufficient time to finish normals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    I've already been bored out of my mind for a solid month now. I don't understand why people would want to put off new content.
    because ppl want to get the "cutting edge" FoS achievements before they are removed in 5.2 to wave some epeen about at some point in the not too distant future, or perhaps ppl feel they need more time to get finished stuff from the release raids/dailie etc that they may not be willing/able to focus on if 5.2 were to drop.

edit: just to not seem biased towards pve only, how about the pvp teams (arena or RBG) thyat wanna squeeze those last few games in to try and reach a rating level where they may qualify for some reward at the end of the season
    Last edited by rogoth; 2013-02-12 at 07:33 AM. Reason: balanced reasoning

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Rofl, Tennant is my lover.

OnT: It's just too early, the PTR is still testing phases of the new Isle until the 21st~, you have a release date for content you have not tested. Sigh.

A month from today would feel perfect, it's a 16 boss tier - stop trying to rush it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

In Cataclysm I complained because I felt Firelands came too soon after Tier 11. Then I complained because there was too long a gap between Firelands and Dragon Soul. Then I complained because there was too long between Dragon Soul and Mists. But you see primarily this was because there is a formula for whether or not enough time has passed for the next content patch. That is to say: (1.5 Weeks * (No. Bosses * 2)) which is an average clear rate for about 65% of the raiding community (discounting world bosses and LFR which shouldn't ACTUALLY be discounted if we want to analyse the full spectrum of raiders).

I know it's easy to get into the mind set of "wow community lol complains about everything" and they do and I'll happily squash most of that... But sometimes science is as science does.

Quite a lot of guilds don't quite feel finished with their progression and whilst I don't think the next patch is "too soon" it could possibly be delayed a week or two more and it wouldn't be critical. My biggest concern is that they'll put this huge raid out after the first huge tier and then we'll be left with a huge delay between now and the next tier or the next tier and the next expansion. They have been blitzing out content for Mists which makes me wonder how dedicated effort could possibly be to the next expansion.

Too soon or not soon enough is really subjective. With 9 million subscribers though... You have a subjective userbase and so the reason it seems the community is always complaining is because no matter what Blizzard does there will always be people who complain. See this XKCD comic for a better example: http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/workflow.png

10+ Year Old Account
    To be exact, my slow realm only has 1 guild thats 12/16h. Not a single Terrace boss has been downed on heroic. Only 2 have downed Will, and same goes for the majority of bosses in heroic Heart.
    The chances of a Sha kill coming in before 5.2 is extremely low, thus making it to where you will not be able to find the Cutting Edge achieve for Sha on the realm. Of course, after 5.2 comes up, a Sha kill will probably be in quick with the 10% nerf+extra gear. Still doesn't change the fact that the chances of anyone getting the Cutting Edge achieve is extremely low. The realm is also listed as within the top 100 on US realms- consider that this slow realm is only 12/16 heroic, there are a TON of realms that are probably sitting at 11/16 normal.

I currently lead the realm 7th raiding group (not tracking on Wowprogress, since we are a second raiding group in the top guild), and tonight, we downed our first heroic mode. We are currently putting forth full effort into downing Empress before 5.2 (We managed to down Sha from where one of our members dpsd for the realm first group one night in HoF, getting an empress kill).
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

As the GM of a raiding guild I feel it is being released too early. Look at the numbers of the people in the US who have even killed a Heroic boss in ToES. I duno, it's Blizzards game. But I feel like alot of guilds will break up and get frustrated with not having the required time to clear all the heroic content. Especially guilds like mine that have cleared all heroic content the past 2 raid instances. Who knows, maybe it will be pushed back, maybe not. Just have to wait and see. But yea, it is too early in my opinion.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cosset - 90 Tauren Druid
    Zinzrah - 100 Undead Rogue

"Push out content faster" - yes, after raiding ICC for 10 (?) months or DS for 9 months, yes, more content! Just playing one character? Or just logging in for raid? Yes, push out content faster! ... For me? Too early. There's still so much to do (just with my main, not enough time for toons), I wouldn't mind to wait for 5.2 for another 3-4 weeks. But that's just my personal situation.

i dont think its too early if you want progression just do it after patch 5.2 nobody cares about progression anymore race is over on most servers im fine with that
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

No matter what Blizzard do, there's always going to be someone who's not going to like it. With quite a few million subscribers the odds of this occuring is pretty much 100%

If you like the changes stated by Blizzard, then just ignore the nay-sayers and enjoy the game.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Deleted
    Someone said it before and it's completly true - Percentage of guild who cleared 16/16 hc doesnt mean shit for Blizzard, they won't delay patch just because small sample of their playerbase is not ready. There are already people bored to death of current content, so Blizzard needs to keep em subscribed and give more stuff to do.
    Raiders should just suck it up and continue to do what they like to do, and to the scrubs who havent cleared normals yet - don't be afraid you will need to finish T14 anyway or you will be annihilated by first bosses in ToT, so no, your progress isn't going anywhere.

Personally I think it is a little too early, but only by a week or two. My main concern is that the next tiers will last much longer, and cause the same problems we've seen before in Icecrown Citadel & Dragon Soul. If they keep this pace, i'm fine with it, but I'd rather spend an extra month per tier, then an extra 2 - 3 months in the final tier.

nah its the mmo champion community. full og blizzard critics and haters.

Deleted
    Well its like in The Burning Crusade, Releasing content before the content that is out there is beated, i like it. :0

I really feel sorry for Blizz, but 2 weeks is way too early.

I already killed H Sha, currently farming gear and ach.

Some of the bosses haven't even been down by any of the guild on PTR. 25 man hasn't even come out yet. Not a lot of time was given to test the boss; tuning for some of the boss is way off.

Not to mention there is a end-tier boss that we won't see or test until we get to heroic. That's bound to be buggy as hell.

I'm convinced that Blizz is totally confused in terms of Class balancing. They just buff/nerf in wave, and not in small increments either (They really go balls to the wall).

This future raid looks fucking amazing but I want a raid that actually works when released.

TL;DR: Blizz needs to put far more time still in testing, tuning, and fixing bugs.

Edit: Grammer
    Last edited by Sainiunit; 2013-02-12 at 08:56 AM.