Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    If 5.2 is released at the end of Feb, the 5.0 raids have been out for 5 months.

I don't know how someone can take that, and with a straight face, claim 1 month was eaten up in leveling and 2 months were eaten up in vacation. And since they didn't have enough time with only the remaining 2 out of 5 months, they honestly feel everything should be held up because of their personal situation.

But, I saw just that a page or two ago. Wow.

If you are still progressing after 5 months, then, while you might not like hearing it, you're not as good as you think you are and no one outside of you and your guild cares about World 401st or whatever, nor your FoS. Sorry.

But, if your heroic progression and the sense of pride in clearing it as originally intended is really that important to you, you can still progress on those unfinished bosses before moving on to the new raid. It's what guilds did back in BC when some were still stuck in Kara while other guilds were in the T5/T6 raids. (You know, BC, the "Golden Age" of WoW. )

And if not, then as someone else already put it, this is just a case of "Woah, my guild still hasn't cleared it! Too fast! [A month later] Okay, we cleared it, so now anyone else that is still asking for more time needs to just L2P. Bring on the new raid!"
    Best post yet.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Both, I think. LFR certainly makes it easier to walk away from normal mode content that one isn't find fun.
    I think you're right but I was genuinely curious as ever since LFR I have not found any motivation to visit the content on a harder difficulty so I have no idea how difficult the current tier is. I do think that Blizzard have opened themselves up to a lot of problems as I don't think my attitude is uncommon and unless they step up the content delivery considerably there is no way they can keep up with the pace at which it is consumed. Coupled with no alternative to gearing alts in 5.2 I think that unless there is something radical on the horizon that has not been announced yet I have a feeling that boredom is going to set in for many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people don't want this turd of a patch to be released before it's had time to get fixed. Maybe they want some more then just overpowered rogues, warriors removed, and the status quo otherwise. Maybe they want to see some PvP balance that gets more then just FDKs, Moonkins, Locks and Mages RBG dps spots. Maybe they want to actually see something done about burst and over abundant instant CC.

Maybe they are not PVE players who will just eat whatever shit blizzard shovels into their mouths as long as it has a higher ilvl on it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    If 5.2 is released at the end of Feb, the 5.0 raids have been out for 5 months.

I don't know how someone can take that, and with a straight face, claim 1 month was eaten up in leveling and 2 months were eaten up in vacation. And since they didn't have enough time with only the remaining 2 out of 5 months, they honestly feel everything should be held up because of their personal situation.

But, I saw just that a page or two ago. Wow.

If you are still progressing after 5 months, then, while you might not like hearing it, you're not as good as you think you are and no one outside of you and your guild cares about World 401st or whatever, nor your FoS. Sorry.

But, if your heroic progression and the sense of pride in clearing it as originally intended is really that important to you, you can still progress on those unfinished bosses before moving on to the new raid. It's what guilds did back in BC when some were still stuck in Kara while other guilds were in the T5/T6 raids. (You know, BC, the "Golden Age" of WoW. )

And if not, then as someone else already put it, this is just a case of "Woah, my guild still hasn't cleared it! Too fast! [A month later] Okay, we cleared it, so now anyone else that is still asking for more time needs to just L2P. Bring on the new raid!"
    The BC situation was different from the current one, because it didn't have heroic modes. So it was impossible to just jump to new raid without finishing(or grinding) previous one.

Nowadays you can jump to next raid without touching previous heroic raids.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    The BC situation was different from the current one, because it didn't have heroic modes. So it was impossible to just jump to new raid without finishing(or grinding) previous one.

Nowadays you can jump to next raid without touching previous heroic raids.
    That's because the next normal tier is balanced as if you were geared from the previous tier's normal. Just like the entry tier normal mode is balanced around you entering it in heroic blues. That is no different than BC.

15+ Year Old Account
    As of today..

H: Sha of Fear 416 (1.04%)
    H: Grand Empress Shek'zeer 1091 (2.71%)

Yeah.. seems very low.

People will complain about literally anything. They act like they can't just keep doing the old raids if they aren't ready for 5.2.

Essentially, these people want to finish everything they can before the new content comes out.

The irony is, once they do finish it, if that is when the new patch hits, they'll devour the new content and then come to the forums to complain about how slow Blizz is in putting out content.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They pretty much ignored the screams in T11 too. This did not end well for them.
    Fun fact, wowprogress stats show Tier 14 normal AND heroic when adjusted for overall population differences to be harder than Tier 11.

Halfus Heroic was the easiest heroic by how many guilds killed him, approximately 21,000 guilds had a heroic halfus kill by the release of 4.2, population adjusted from 12 million to 9.6 million that works out to 16,800 guilds in today's population. 12,000 guilds have a heroic stone guard kill.

Heroic Sha of Fear Kills - 416
    Heroic Sinestra kills - 1100, adjusted for population 880, more than twice as many

Normal Sha of Fear - 11874 kills
    Normal Nefarian (the least killed t11 boss on normal) - 26,405 by 4.2, adjusted for population 21,124

Tier 11 and 14 are very similar tiers in terms of content access. Both spanned Christmas, both were similar size (14 bosses vs 16 bosses), Tier 11 lasted 6 months, Tier 14 looks to last 5 months, both were expansion drop tiers, so 5 levels of leveling were involved at the beginning plus gearing up through heroics.

So for those saying Dragon Soul was the problem, you are half correct. It was pretty objectively too easy, the raid was too short, and the content was left to sit too long. That said, T14 when compared with T11 is a smaller time window, more bosses, and demonstrably substantially harder, and substantially less rewarding. Any guild outside the top 300-400 in the world according to wow progress is feeling that effect.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Essentially, these people want to finish everything they can before the new content comes out.

The irony is, once they do finish it, if that is when the new patch hits, they'll devour the new content and then come to the forums to complain about how slow Blizz is in putting out content.
    this ↑....

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 12:15 AM ----------

Tier 11 and 14 are very similar tiers in terms of content access. Both spanned Christmas, both were similar size (14 bosses vs 16 bosses), Tier 11 lasted 6 months, Tier 14 looks to last 5 months, both were expansion drop tiers, so 5 levels of leveling were involved at the beginning plus gearing up through heroics.
    except tier 14 was released in octuber(raids).. and 11 in november

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Some people don't want this turd of a patch to be released before it's had time to get fixed. Maybe they want some more then just overpowered rogues, warriors removed, and the status quo otherwise. Maybe they want to see some PvP balance that gets more then just FDKs, Moonkins, Locks and Mages RBG dps spots. Maybe they want to actually see something done about burst and over abundant instant CC.

Maybe they are not PVE players who will just eat whatever shit blizzard shovels into their mouths as long as it has a higher ilvl on it.
    How do you know it's a "turd of a patch"? Because you don't want it released at the end of Feb. Sound logical. Using hyperbole because you're mad doesn't make anything you say relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Best post yet.
    Or worst post? Being better? Or how about just not wanting to jump ship to a "progressive raid" environment and raiding 5 days a week?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Fun fact, wowprogress stats show Tier 14 normal AND heroic when adjusted for overall population differences to be harder than Tier 11.

Halfus Heroic was the easiest heroic by how many guilds killed him, approximately 21,000 guilds had a heroic halfus kill by the release of 4.2, population adjusted from 12 million to 9.6 million that works out to 16,800 guilds in today's population. 12,000 guilds have a heroic stone guard kill.

Heroic Sha of Fear Kills - 416
    Heroic Sinestra kills - 1100, adjusted for population 880, more than twice as many

Normal Sha of Fear - 11874 kills
    Normal Nefarian (the least killed t11 boss on normal) - 26,405 by 4.2, adjusted for population 21,124

So for those saying Dragon Soul was the problem, you are half correct. It was pretty objectively too easy, the raid was too short, and the content was left to sit too long. That said, T14 when compared with T11 is a smaller time window, more bosses, and demonstrably substantially harder, and substantially less rewarding. Any guild outside the top 300-400 in the world according to wow progress is feeling that effect.
    but the thing is they are going back to TBC model. They are not making 5.0 raids obsolete this time with that gear being bought from valor vendor by doing 5 mans. nobody is taking away T14 people still can progress there with that sweet promise of doing T15 next and T16 after. Only thing you wont be able to get if you missed time period is FoS , so it's basicly nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a pvper I would like a little more time to pvp and attempt to get glad/hero of the horde.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Or worst post? Being better? Or how about just not wanting to jump ship to a "progressive raid" environment and raiding 5 days a week?
    No, pretty sure I meant best post. Where in his post did he say anything about jumping ship to a "progressive raid". And if you're talking about "progressive raids", all of these people wanting to finish before 5.2, and complaining that it's too early are all progressing. And in "progressive raids". Nowhere did he say jumping ship was the answer. One of his main points is is the content isn't going away. You can still work on T14 in 5.2. Finish, then start T15. And don't try to conjure up some reason as to why you can't still raid T14 in 5.2. Because you can. If it's that important to you, you don't have to jump ship. Stay where you are. And finish what is important to you. My guild is still working on most of the hard modes, and there isn't a single person who isn't itching for 5.2 to hit.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2013-02-12 at 12:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why make a thread to complain because people are complaining in another thread? Couldn't you just complain about their complaining in their own complain thread? Look at me, I'm complaining about your complain complaining but I didn't make another complain thread for that! Try doing that next time.

I honestly hope Blizzard continues this trend in terms of amount of time between patches. I can only imagine the vocal minority here are the only ones actually upset. I don't really know how someone can argue "more is better" is bad, when the old content isn't going anywhere. People want content and raids faster, or Blizz wouldn't be doing this. It's just the way it is. My guild is 9/16 Heroic and we're all gladly anticipating 5.2 while trying to get done what we can given the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    No, pretty sure I meant best post. Where in his post did he say anything about jumping ship to a "progressive raid". And if you're talking about "progressive raids", all of these people wanting to finish before 5.2, and complaining that it's too early are all progressing. And in "progressive raids". Nowhere did he say jumping ship was the answer. One of his main points is is the content isn't going away. You can still work on T14 in 5.2. Finish, then start T15. And don't try to conjure up some reason as to why you can't still raid T14 in 5.2. Because you can. If it's that important to you, you don't have to jump ship. Stay where you are. And finish what is important to you. My guild is still working on most of the hard modes, and there isn't a single person who isn't itching for 5.2 to hit.
    People want to complete content when it's current, not when it's past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    People want to complete content when it's current, not when it's past.
    That isn't a valid reason. If you're working on it, it's current to you. Coming up with every excuse possible to hold off on a patch doesn't make it more valid. So where is the line drawn then? Say they hold off until april to reach 5.2. You finish it and are ready for 5.2 to hit. Well then there are people making these same threads because they are still working on T14. Should they continue to hold off 5.2?

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    As of today..

H: Sha of Fear 416 (1.04%)
    H: Grand Empress Shek'zeer 1091 (2.71%)

Yeah.. seems very low.
    Don't forget that there's a ton more 10man kills. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I have anything against them, but I'm just saying, as 10mans have grown a lot recently.

Blizzard have even acknowledged that it's easier for a 25man to step down to 10mans, which is definitely happening (more than ever?) in this expansion so far. I'm pretty certain that the sample is even smaller if we were to compare 25mans only.