Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My only wish is that I had more time to upgrade my items with VP. Otherwise bring on the patch, I say.

As long as there are new things to do in new tier and good number of bosses to keep ppl busy I don't see why it can be a bad thing
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Given we are only doing normal - the issue is (for those who are loot driven) that LFR 5.2 will quickly be a better place for loot. For others like me (who are content driven) - I may never get to do ToES normal let alone heroic.
    This is no reason to hold back content. WTF? How much time should they give you to get through ToES on normal, let alone heroic? If you haven't done ToES after 4 months, then I doubt giving you another month is going to do anything. Let alone on heroic. At the pace you're going, you would be doing heroic ToES by what? May? Should Blizz hold off and keep T14 going for 8 months so you can do everything you want to do? Pugs are downing ToES.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Progression stats show the tier has been difficult. People are complaining because they have failed at it.
    So not DS = overtuned? right......especially this far into the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    How much time should they give you to get through ToES on normal,
    A little longer than two months for 16 bosses would have been good. Going from a 12 month 8 boss dragon soul to a 2 month 16 boss tier - was a HUGE change of pace for us.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    It really isn't that fast for a tier it may just seem that way because of holidays and guilds usually don't raid em. 5 month's is a pretty long time i mean Toes isn't a huge raid either since its been out if you've been in a progression guild and trying to do it, you have cleared it.
    No, the majority of raids get 6-7 months, with a few 5 month exceptions (mainly raids that have LESS than 10 bosses). This is Ulduar territory, and most people believe they needed LONGER, not shorter for that raid. If they had give maybe 1 more month or so that would have given 1 less month for ICC and it wouldn't have seemed so long.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Timeline_%28World_of_Warcraft%29

10+ Year Old Account
    A little longer than two months for 16 bosses would have been good. Going from a 12 month 8 boss dragon soul to a 2 month 16 boss tier - was a HUGE change of pace for us.
    2 months? Where are you getting 2 months?

And for the record, a raid was scratched from Cataclysm. So DS was pushed out earlier than they had planned. Hence the horrible patch trailer and atrocious raid forever known as Dragon Soul.

Also, Normal ToES is a MASSIVE step down in difficulty from HoF. It took us a while to get Shek'zeer down, and then we went and cleared ToES that same night.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2013-02-11 at 11:08 PM.

Deleted
    10/16 , another tier left unfinished. We didn't raid like half this tier due to lack of people, we just started killing HC a bit over a month ago.

I guess this is why people are disappointed it's coming too son. Personally I prefer having new content ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    So not DS = overtuned? right......especially this far into the tier.
    Not sure what that last part is supposed to mean. Even this far into the tier, completion percentages are lousy for normal mode bosses.

The message from Blizzard to most of the guilds attempting normal mode raids is clear: you're LFR material. Get lost. And I think a great many of them are going to get that message.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Not sure what that last part is supposed to mean. Even this far into the tier, completion percentages are lousy for normal mode bosses.

The message from Blizzard to most of the guilds attempting normal mode raids is clear: you're LFR material. Get lost. And I think a great many of them are going to get that message.
    Na, more guilds just need dedication and not to bail after 10 wipes. Hell my guild had 53 wipes on dogs first week.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

This is no reason to hold back content. WTF? How much time should they give you to get through ToES on normal, let alone heroic? If you haven't done ToES after 4 months, then I doubt giving you another month is going to do anything. Let alone on heroic. At the pace you're going, you would be doing heroic ToES by what? May? Should Blizz hold off and keep T14 going for 8 months so you can do everything you want to do? Pugs are downing ToES.
    He didn't say "finish" ToES normal, he said "do" ToES normal, implying he's still stuck in HoF. Which honestly doesn't surprise me, the two raids are on wildly different levels in normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because some people only care about loot. They think "OH MY GOD! MY PIECE OF GEAR IS GOING TO BE INFERIOR TO A NEW PIECE OF GEAR!! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!". Tell me I'm wrong.
    I can't speak for everyone, but based on comments in this thread and my personal sentiment: you're wrong.

Most people who dislike the quicker schedule are talking about their progression pace not loot. Very, very few guilds have cleared the tier on heroic. Tons of average guilds still haven't cleared normal, and even more have finished normal but only have a couple heroics under their belt and expected to get more done. It seems like there are a lot of guilds who are close to meeting their goal (whether a normal clear or a hardmode clear), but a Feb patch will make them fall just short of having the time to make it. The groups that are ready for a new tier are mostly the top 1% hardcore guilds that have already killed absolutely everything, and those middle ground guilds who have cleared normal but don't want to bother with heroics. There is a huge portion of players who fall in-between those realms, and that's where you find the dissatisfaction with the pace.

I don't think it's worth a tantrum over early release dates, but it's still a valid point for those people to raise.

And really, your comment doesn't even make a lot of sense; if it was all about loot, then people would be excited for a new tier since that means better, shinier gear.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    For a change, I'd like to say Blizzard has done a great job. For actually listning to raiding feedback, creating a raid with epicness being dangerously close to Ulduar. For creating alternate routes of reputation gain. For creating a great quest chain just for one spec to have a minor reward for - because players begged for it. For creating a world boss that will most likely stand unkilled for a long time, unlike Galleon or Sha, just because of the difficulty. And the list goes on.
    lol wut?

The raid doesn't overly impress. They didn't create alternate routes of reputation, they changed the way reputation was gained, players hated it, so they baked it back into dungeons only in a more restrictive manner so that people didn't jump up and say "I told you so". And, as for the world boss, unless it can withstand 130 DPS wailing on it, it's going down pretty quick.

4 pages about this? New content can never come "too early". Period.
    With the feat of strengths for the T14 endbosses being unavailable as soon as 5.2 hits anyone that will/might miss them because this patch hits earlier than expected (many were looking at the ptr raid boss testing rate as an indication to the release date) will be disappointed.
    You can't do anything at all with those FoS, can you? It was made specially for those people who would rather see old raids closed forever and noone else get some unique gear/title/mount after them. This FoS was intended for those people, not for normal people. There is nothing to be worried about. Would it be better if we had Naxx' drakes accident #2? Better to lose on some stupid FoS than being denied piece of content if missed on rat-races.

Deleted
    people got used to idea they are able to clear everything in given tier. well bad news guys, there are no flat percentage nerfs this time around it's going back to old ways of doing tiers with normal raids being somehow hard (thats why we even have FoS this time around)

How much time should they give you to get through ToES on normal,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I can't speak for everyone, but based on comments in this thread and my personal sentiment: you're wrong.

Most people who dislike the quicker schedule are talking about their progression pace not loot. Very, very few guilds have cleared the tier on heroic. Tons of average guilds still haven't cleared normal, and even more have finished normal but only have a couple heroics under their belt and expected to get more done. It seems like there are a lot of guilds who are close to meeting their goal (whether a normal clear or a hardmode clear), but a Feb patch will make them fall just short of having the time to make it. The groups that are ready for a new tier are mostly the top 1% hardcore guilds that have already killed absolutely everything, and those middle ground guilds who have cleared normal but don't want to bother with heroics. There is a huge portion of players who fall in-between those realms, and that's where you find the dissatisfaction with the pace.

I don't think it's worth a tantrum over early release dates, but it's still a valid point for those people to raise.

And really, your comment doesn't even make a lot of sense; if it was all about loot, then people would be excited for a new tier since that means better, shinier gear.
    Heroic content isn't designed for everyone. A small percentage of players didn't clear H DS by the end of Cataclysm despite heavy nerfs. People have LFR, Normals, and if they want, Hard modes. I actually can't believe that people aren't itching for something new by now.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 11:12 PM ----------

Again, where are you getting 2 months from?

2 months? Where are you getting 2 months?
    1 month levelling, 1 month raiding, 2 months summer holidays, 1 month raiding.

Also, Normal ToES is a MASSIVE step down in difficulty from HoF. It took us a while to get Shek'zeer down, and then we went and cleared ToES that same night.
    But one can't get into ToES until HoF ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Na, more guilds just need dedication and not to bail after 10 wipes. Hell my guild had 53 wipes on dogs first week.
    Good old times.

Deleted
    1 month levelling, 1 month raiding, 2 months summer holidays, 1 month raiding.
    Sslsy dude, I understand you would like that, but other people doesnt care about your guild situation, we had chrismtas period too in Europe.