Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I must of missed the part where people don't raid paid less than those that do.
    Maybe if you did something in the game like the rest of us, you would also feel rushed. Hence the multiple threads being merged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Really excited for the new raid content but really disappointed in Blizzards failure to make some talents more desirable which they said they planned to do. If I'm stuck with the same talents on my main / alts for another tier, not sure if I'll bother. So to me the patch feels unfinished.
    Yea they totally have released all the PTR notes its not like they are still tweaking the numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Complain a little bit, then complain some more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmojo View Post
    Yea they totally have released all the PTR notes its not like they are still tweaking the numbers.
    2 weeks to go, it's unlikely we'll see anything decent between now and release.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpp View Post
    There are nearly 10M people playing this game so there are people in very different situation, I for one just found a real guild after being in a dead guild for 2 months and would like some more time before 5.2 because it really seems like this guild is going upwards, the progression has been very good the past few weeks and I see no reason why it would stop. However I am not a complainer so I won't complain, but other people in my situation might be so ofcourse there are complains about it coming too early.
    U like so many others... U need to finish the previous raids for gear if u wanna try the new raids without wipeX9999

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 12:25 PM ----------

I never finished a raid tier in any patch or expansion... fuck blizzard right?=

shhhh i only play PvP.. : )

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    2 weeks to go, it's unlikely we'll see anything decent between now and release.
    Even if we do, that's a pretty horible time to have any major changes. Barely enough time to test anything, unless they plan to have massive hotfixes right after 5.2 hits...

Which actually might be their grand plan.

I just wish I had more of a chance to spend my valor on something before it gets turned to JP. That's what happens when you don't keep up with your rep though.

Additional JP's not bad though, pretty excited about this patch.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What people??
    Ignorance is bliss. As you get older youll realise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Bashiok said it was in two weeks via twitter. I don't know what you read.
    You should re-read his post.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I think Blizzards problem is that they only do those big patches.
    ImO the 5.0 raid content could have lasted a bit longer, not many people have completed it and it is totally devalued by the new gear. But the other content 5.2 brings is needed, if i look in my guild many non-raider are running out of content by now.
    If they would release that stuff via many mini patches almost everyone could be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor-Nw View Post
    People will get offended but here it goes.

I can bet my shiny fleshy ass that people in this topic celebrating the patch coming this soonish are those who run exclusively LFR content. And thus have no real concept of the mindset of people striving thru heroics or even normal modes.

5 months for 32 bosses (normals+heroics) is the least amount of time ever given to players by blizzard. To genuinely want a patch with new raid to come in 2 weeks you either have
    A: cleared all content in HC already
    B: cleared all content in LFR already

I personally have no problem with the patch since im thru it all already but i know how it feels to be unsuccessful in clearing the content when it was relevant. There's no prestige, no-one cares if you go and clear 5.0 raids after 5.2 hits.

And what really boils my nuts is the always so delicious argument that whats preventing you to go back and clear old content even if there's new content available
    I dunno. How about lack of reward for starters? Normal gear from throne completely slams even 2/2 upgraded HC gear from any 5.0 raid. Or how about guilds, especially 25man, who even now are struggling with recruitment. Having content not done because of so little time given to it doesnt really help on finding worthwhile recruits.

I hope this is not blizzards way of thinking from now on. That after LFR folk and top raiders have their content done then screw those in the middle.

I just really hope this pays off in the end. That the last raid wont be another year long snoozefest, when they could have taken the extra time at the beginning of the expansion this time instead of the end.
    Why should Blizzard pander to a minority? People have yet to explain that.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Major raid patched are made to keep the raiders playing. If they screw up the release of these patches then they piss off the people they were targeting the content at.

I'm personally not quite ready for new content yet, since as soon as new content comes out the old is rendered useless. There's no way in hell I'll be able to round up a group of capable players who want to totally refrain from 5.2 content for the few more weeks it would take for us to progress, and anything less than totally barring ourselves from 5.2 gear would make previous content easier to the point that it's nearly cheating.

The old content is gone once Blizz releases new content. That's just the way of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Because I don't honestly care about whether or not Blizzard makes money. That's their business, and I expect them to tend to it, but I equally don't care about it personally.
    I just want them to make the most enjoyable game to me possible, which is what anyone wants. Turning an amazing product for a select group into a mediocre product for everyone will make more bank, but it's not what a player who loved the more focused product wants.

Hating when companies pander to the majority for the sole purpose of money is sort of like how fans hate when bands they like "sell out". Sure they're mildly interesting to a lot more people sold out, but is being mildly interesting to everyone really a sign of higher quality? Capitalism says yes, but common sense tends to disagree.

Of course I'm just speaking in generals here, musing at best.
    As a thought experiment though: Last I heard the case is that it's actually a minority of subbed players who have a level-capped character. If Blizz were to pander further, they would scrap all of our precious end-game content, including dungeons and LFR and raids in general, and focus on pleasing the most people possible. How dull would that be?

My guild didnt start raiding until basically the new year due to some issues on or old server. Not quite done with Normal modes yet as we have had a lot of roster changes on the new server.

Will we be able to enter the new raid if we have not killed SHA?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    Will we be able to enter the new raid if we have not killed SHA?
    Ooh that would be interesting. We've already made a small bit of money selling an Empress kill so another guild could get into Terrace; selling Sha kills would make us a killing. :>

It's not too early. It's just that a lot of guilds are still progressing on current content and once a new tier comes out the previous one is near obsolete. I think that is a problem for a lot of people.

If you are a LFR player or a hardcore (top 200 or something) player then this is perfect I guess. Everyone inbetween is unable to finish what they started and some will not like it.
    In general I think the new tier is right on time.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 01:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    I'm personally not quite ready for new content yet, since as soon as new content comes out the old is rendered useless. There's no way in hell I'll be able to round up a group of capable players who want to totally refrain from 5.2 content for the few more weeks it would take for us to progress, and anything less than totally barring ourselves from 5.2 gear would make previous content easier to the point that it's nearly cheating.
    This is the problem. We had the same sort of problem during TBC with patch 2.4 when they removed BT/MH attunement. Once they do something like that and you are half way progressing on Kael'thas then you are for sure going to have people not willing to progress on him anymore and you are most likely going to skip him. It sucks to be honest.

It's kinda different now with multiple difficulties. It just is what it is. I guess you just have to try harder next tier to complete it.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-02-12 at 12:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    You really need to stop saying 2 months. It was FIVE months. Everyone else on this planet had FIVE months. Who takes a month to level? Seriously. 2 months of vacation? That means you had MORE time to play the game than we did. We actually had to go to work/school. You leveled in 5 days, so you cancelled your sub on the 6th day because you had to wait for your slow friends who can't figure out there are quests, that you don't need to kill vermin in valley for weeks to level. Then you went and partied down on the beach for two months, resubbed and are now complaining you, and only you (you as in your guild) only have two months to clear this tier. And that all of us who actually played the game in these 5 months should wait for you. Do you have any idea how asinine all of this sounds?
    Listen I don't really want to but in on this dungheep of a thread. But do you realise that Australia had the worst heatwave in like ever, people were dieing of heat and dehydration daily.

If its like I dunno effing 40-45 degrees celcius, (thats over 8 degrees of your normal body temperature by the way)

Would you spend all that time sitting behind a damn computerscreen playing wow. I mean ffs, those temperatures combined with the inner temperatures of the computer are enough to fry it if you don't cool it enough.

I have all the sympathy in the world for the Aussies and why they could not play.

Lets say Blizzard released a major content patch on the 31st of may and released another mayor content patch at the end of august. Everyone on the northerns hemisphere would go balls to the walls.

In summer, you always get the summerdown of many many many guilds, and many guilds die during the summer then during any other season.
    Last edited by mmoc86b74697f8; 2013-02-12 at 12:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's what you get when you constantly cater to the lowest denominators of the player base.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmojo View Post
    People need to forget this stupid mindset when a new raid is released the previous one becomes invalid because it drops lesser gear. I remember the good old days from TBC where you actually had progress through multiple tiers. (Well untill 2.4 came along)
    The good old days when you couldnt recruit a new player for your guild because he was not atuned nor properly geared because he was unfortunate enought to start playing mid expansion ? The good old days that when you were the one that happened to fall behind for whatever reason you were screwed and would never realy find a raiding guild ?

Having ppl raiding every tier during every patch is a terrible mistake and blizz will realise it pretty soon, if you split the comunity on every tier you cause problems to every one of the parts and if blizz realy thinks the progression path is T14 -> heroic T14 > T15 theyre gona see that dont realy work as well because even a 10% nerfed H T14 is too hard for the majority of the raiding comunity wich basicaly only raid normals (H Will of the Emperor will still require a craptom of coordination, H Viziers double atenuations wont become easier to dodge, Garalon will have less health but most of the guilds trying him after the nerf wont have the DPS anyway or the coordination to deal with the mechanics and so on), ppl who raid normal should never be forced to do heroics. It also basicaly kills puging wich is a major part of WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Targetter View Post
    Listen I don't really want to but in on this dungheep of a thread. But do you realise that Australia had the worst heatwave in like ever, people were dieing of heat and dehydration daily.

If its like I dunno effing 40-45 degrees celcius, (thats over 8 degrees of your normal body temperature by the way)

Would you spend all that time sitting behind a damn computerscreen playing wow. I mean ffs, those temperatures combined with the inner temperatures of the computer are enough to fry it if you don't cool it enough.

I have all the sympathy in the world for the Aussies and why they could not play.

Lets say Blizzard released a major content patch on the 31st of may and released another mayor content patch at the end of august. Everyone on the northerns hemisphere would go balls to the walls.

In summer, you always get the summerdown of many many many guilds, and many guilds die during the summer then during any other season.
    sorry but WoW is a worldwide game and rest of the world doesnt really care what it's going in other part of the globe. There are cataclysmic events everywhere last few years and nothing in WoW refelcted that. So why you suddenly think Blizzard will delay patch for 2 months becasue few players in Australia couldn't play becasue of heat?