Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    No i'm not being passive aggressive but I'm talking about general stuff here not only about wow. Some ppl are so obssessed with some data from the internet and determinte them as an absolute facts 100% which is just wrong because in the world of an internet and techology nothing is certain. As I said even if you bring me an evidence about a certain player being great through websites, data, achievements (either gladiator, or challenge mode transmog gears + heroic clear progress) which with that data proves that he/she is an awesome player I will not judge that player until I play with him/her myself to see how good he/she really is live and not through data or websites. This is just an example of course but I'm talking in general here at least this is who I'm.
    Osmeric has some data.

You've got none.

Guess who wins?

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    I dont think there is a way to not use Wowprogress, it gathers the data from Blizz armory. Only way you could be raiding and "fooling" Wowprogress is if youre in some sort of cross guild team, tham it would track progress for each individual but wouldnt count it for the guild for lack of enought ppl killing the boss in that particular guild. I might be wrong tough.
    Wowprogress does not automatically pull data. The guild has to be submitted to show up at all, and then someone must request an update for the guild to add new activity. I doubt it would make all that much of a difference, but there certainly are a number of guilds that don't care about rankings and thus don't bother updating wowprogress.

What we are starting to get into is a semantical debate about what constitutes the point where a tier can be considered "done". And the problem with this is that there is no correct answer. There will always be a guild or raid group that only needs a couple more weeks to accomplish the goals they have set, no matter where you set that line. And an individual's opinion on this issue will depend entirely on which side of the line they end up on, unless they don't care either way. Yes, other tiers have lasted longer. But not significantly so. A few more weeks at most, not counting ICC or DS, both of which were around for FAR longer than they ever should have been.

I think this is going to be the new reality, 5-6 month raid tiers, because of LFR. While nobody besides Blizzard has actual numbers, Blizzard has stated before that LFR by far makes up the majority of the raiding population now. They are going to cater to the larger demographic, which in this case has probably been bored for quite some time.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    I think this is going to be the new reality, 5-6 month raid tiers, because of LFR. While nobody besides Blizzard has actual numbers, Blizzard has stated before that LFR by far makes up the majority of the raiding population now. They are going to cater to the larger demographic, which in this case has probably been bored for quite some time.
    I'm in that demographic. I've been running alts. Three characters are ready for T15 LFR, and two more are still benefitting from T14 LFR (one I abandoned on another server.) I think I've had a total of nine sha-touched weapons drop.

The interesting conundrum is not the length of the tier, but the tuning of the raids. There really appears to be a dead zone between LFR and normal mode tuning. If a guild falls into that zone, they're pretty much SOL.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    People complain just for the sake of complaining. /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    No matter what Blizzard does, there will always be people who whine and bitch simply for the sake of whining and bitching.

I've learned to ignore it really.
    yep 100% this ^

Personally I am only 5h/16h but I am happy with 5.2 in two weeks because our group/attendance won't be able to clear heroic this patch. 5.2 and better gear will mean we will go back and clear the heroic content for titles/meta mount at some point. A change of scenery is good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellalock View Post
    Maybe for you.
    But what level raiding you? 10/25?
    How long do you raid for a week?
    How else do you prepare? Crafting?VP capping? Crafting? Buying BOEs?
    Maybe you lugged early?
    How often do you play per week?
    Do you have kids to look after?
    Do you work?
    Do you go away with work?
    Did you visit family at Christmas?
    Do you have a social life?

What affects your gameplay doesn't affect others. Some don't have the time. I am happy with my progression, sure I'd like to be further, but I'm not, so be it.

Bring on new content for those that are ready n we can look and use that as our insensitive.

But please, don't try n belittle people who play their game their way, because they haven't killed as many bosses as you
    I don't even play anymore but if any of those reasons prevent you from playing much, you shouldn't let IRL fall behind a game anyways. But you should not expect to clear content as fast as someone else and you shouldn't expect content to be dragged out so everyone starts a new tier at the same time because you can't play as much as others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is that so? Funny my guild is still on there....Funny how they claim to "WoWProgress pulls Guild and Character information from the official Battle.net API and transforms it into Guild Bosskills with date/time attached."
    What part of that implies that it is automatic? Even their own FAQ states that the guild must be added manually.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2013-02-12 at 08:31 PM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Wowprogress does not automatically pull data. The guild has to be submitted to show up at all, and then someone must request an update for the guild to add new activity. I doubt it would make all that much of a difference, but there certainly are a number of guilds that don't care about rankings and thus don't bother updating wowprogress.
    > someone must request an update for the guild to add new activity

WoWProgress updates all guilds automatically every few days, manual submitting isn't necessary.

> The guild has to be submitted to show up at all

People don't have to submit new guilds, they are added once someone searched them.
    There are other methods to find guilds, like scanning AH API, but it doesn't make any significant difference. Practically all new raiding guilds added very quickly by users.
    Last edited by Kernel; 2013-02-12 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
    > someone must request an update for the guild to add new activity

WoWProgress updates all guilds automatically every few days, manual submitting isn't necessary..
    I don't think that's necessarily true. I've gone to look at guilds and seen "last update: 9 months ago". Granted, these were moribund guilds that aren't raiding.

I suspect wowprogress prioritizes active raiding guilds if it does these kind of auto-updates.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I don't think that's necessarily true. I've gone to look at guilds and seen "last update: 9 months ago". Granted, these were moribund guilds that aren't raiding.

I suspect wowprogress prioritizes active raiding guilds if it does these kind of auto-updates.
    You need to sign up to wowprogress if you want to record your parses, otherwise it just rips the basic of what you have done from the armory. Overall, it should be pretty accurate, though not perfect due to pugs, 50/50 guild runs and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I've gone to look at guilds and seen "last update: 9 months ago". Granted, these were moribund guilds that aren't raiding.
    That's true. The website is about raiding, there is little point in updating guilds that aren't raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    You need to sign up to wowprogress if you want to record your parses
    You do NOT have to sign up for progress update.
    Registration is optional.
    Last edited by Kernel; 2013-02-12 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me this is only gonna be really annoying in retrospect when we are stuck with a smallish final tier that lasts for 10-12 months.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Most likly since the current content is good. only 420 guilds have killed Heroic sha of fear so far. I Too would like the chance to do this while its current but sicne patch is only 2 weeks away and my job is messing with my raid times i cant really do that.

It's the WoW community in a nut-shell

5.2 coming early? "GOD YOUR RUSHING CONTENT FOR MONEY BLIZZARD"

5.2 is delayed? "GOD YOUR SO SLOW AT PUTTING OUT CONTENT WHY AM I EVEN STILL PLAYING?"

Blizzard will never win, Ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    Those People can't be seroius. Why are there already people complaining about the release of 5.2 in two weeks? The people used to cry about no content the last expansions... I just don't get it. What's wrong with them?
    It's not good if you can't understand other people's feelings. You don't have to agree, but empathy... very important. You might want to get help for that.

More on topic: The people who say it's too slow might not be the same people who now say it's too quick. There's also a big difference between 8 bosses for 10 months and 16 bosses for 5 months (2x bosses in 1/2 time), making this too fast. I don't care either way, but I can understand both sides of the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    There's also a big difference between 8 bosses for 10 months and 16 bosses for 5 months (2x bosses in 1/2 time), making this too fast. I don't care either way, but I can understand both sides of the argument.
    Your baseline reference (8 bosses for 10 months) is exactly what Blizz is trying to avoid. That was such little content out for way too long.

I cannot understand any arguement that prevents release of new content. If you are not good enough to clear the content in the alotted time, then you need to either step up your game, or get past the fact that you are not a super duper awesome player.

And, there is absolutely nothing wrong with working on previous tier content when the new tier is released. If you really are competitive, then you have cleared the necessary content. If you are prentending to be competitive (when you really aren't), then you need to get over yourself.

Because nothing Blizzard does can possibly be right. Obviously.

/snapevoice.
    /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphiramoon View Post
    We got Ambershaper last week after only 14 pulls (a bit of luck helped) and Shekzeer on 10% before enrage on sunday. We decided to extend raid this week and try kill her on wednesday, since thursday is 14th and..yeah. Hopefully we'll get protectors hc too before 5.2 hits, but we're more than 25 raiders and we will try to get a 2nd kill of empress for all of us to get the fos, so that means no time to progress on tsulong.

And yeah, ppl seem to think killing one new hc boss per week is some sort of shame. Sure I'd like to skip some "farm" and go for more progress, but, for once, you need gear for progress, and second, you still need to clear 5 bosses on hc before progressing on will/empress. It takes time. 16 bosses in this tier have been a nightmare for me as a 25 man guild officer.

Because you know you can. Because there is nothing stopping you other than time. You didn't hit a brick wall, you just progressed at a normal pace. They never asked us to kill 16 bosses (gated too) in 22 weeks. T11 had 12(13 hc) bosses in 29 weeks and nobody complained it was too long. You dont need to be hardcore to clear 16 hc bosses. I dunno, maybe sha is a show stopper, but the rest aren't . After we've been content starved in cata with DS for 9 months (8 bosses), now this feels like a waste. On my server (Tarren Mill, decently populated on horde side), one guild got Sha hc down on 10 man, none on 25 man.

Another issue I have with the 5.2 release is the PTR. It's full of bugs, there's been no hc testing, there's been no 25 man testing at all. the 10 man normal encounters I've tried had plenty of issues and you want me to believe they will release the 25 man version blindly perfectly fine?
    I seriously can't believe that after reading 24 pages of posts in their entirety, only this person and a handful of others had actual constructive feedback and did not become part of the nonsensical babbling that is the majority of this thread. The people "complaining" about 5.2 coming too early are mostly semi-hardcore raiders who are partially completed with 16/16 H T14. Not clearing normal mode in 5 months is clearly due to either lack of dedication, time or resources. Those who have already cleared 16/16H can be defined as hardcore guilds and total only about 1% of the population at this point.

The 5 months of time given to us so far to clear 16/16H simply isn't enough time for most people who raid 9-12 hours or less per week. There are no other reasons behind the lack of heroic progression for the majority of semi-hardcore guilds other than time itself.

I'm not saying this major raid content patch should be pushed back 2 or 3 months. Even though my 25m guild is currently only 8/16H due to recruitment issues, I'd still like to at least see a heroic boss or two in ToES before moving on to new raids. For those who are just starting on heroic ToES, another 4-5 weeks instead of 2 could make the difference in clearing this tier while it's still current and relevant.

To those of you saying "just finish 5.0/5.1 raids after 5.2 is released" there's probably a 95% chance you are not a heroic/progression raider so you wouldn't understand that getting further behind by spending your guild's time on older content instead of jumping right into what's current is simply not an option. At least not for any guild who wants to be able to continue recruiting for their roster in the future.

It's just so incredibly ironic that Blizz admitted and realized their mistake of making Ulduar obsolete by releasing ToC too soon and that they'd like to correct that mistake by not letting the content get wasted. That's exactly what they're doing if they release 5.2 at the end of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by glenjemin View Post
    To those of you saying "just finish 5.0/5.1 raids after 5.2 is released" there's probably a 95% chance you are not a heroic/progression raider so you wouldn't understand that getting further behind by spending your guild's time on older content instead of jumping right into what's current is simply not an option. At least not for any guild who wants to be able to continue recruiting for their roster in the future.
    If you are half way through heroic progression, you will easily be able to jump right into the new raids if you really wanted to. There is no reason to "spend time on older content" if you truly want to start on new content.

If you run into recruiting issues because you were simply not good enough to complete all heroic bosses prior to the next patch - step it up next patch. Heroic bosses are supposed to be hard, and not cleared by 50% of the raiding playerbase prior to next patch release.