Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Speaking of top 500, Sha HC still doesn't even have 500 guilds who killed him yet. In the US region alone there are even less than 100 guilds who killed him. The current tier needs to last at least several more months.
    Heroic raiders have repeatedly complained about nerfing content and only the best should be able to complete heroic content and when that happens many now want several more months to complete the content?!? As I have already pointed out Heroic raiders are a minority there is no reason why the rest of us should wait for content to satisfy wants of a few thousand people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Heroic raiders have repeatedly complained about nerfing content and only the best should be able to complete heroic content and when that happens many now want several more months to complete the content?!? As I have already pointed out Heroic raiders are a minority there is no reason why the rest of us should wait for content to satisfy wants of a few thousand people.

I agree with the heroic mode raiders that you quote. I am normally no better than a normal mode raider with the dragonsoul tier being the only one our guild completed on heroic as a full guild prior to the new expansion. Yet I fully support statements that the premium content should not be so easy that everyone can do it. What is the point of playing if it could simply be mailed to me?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Right raiders now are in heroic gear, a lot of it. When the Top end raiders did it they had far less gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    Right raiders now are in heroic gear, a lot of it. When the Top end raiders did it they had far less gear.
    The top heroic mode players did it in nothing more than the gear from heroic 5 man dungeons and whatever valor gear they could aquire plus drops as they progressed through the normal content in the first weeks of expac.

The sooner the better.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    The top heroic mode players did it in nothing more than the gear from heroic 5 man dungeons and whatever valor gear they could aquire plus drops as they progressed through the normal content in the first weeks of expac.
    Yes and those players would be held back from beating the next tier by less gifted players if some got their wish.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    the problem with the patch coming out so soon is that shit isnt fixed onthe ptr...rogues killign people in openers, monks beign unkillable, spriests 2 shottign people...shit is broken and there is no sign of it being fixed...and blizzard hasnt even looked at the current balance in pvp...they are quickly ruinign the pvp aspect of this game, and are going to lose a shit ton of people if they dont fix it soon

Yes and those players would be held back from beating the next tier by less gifted players if some got their wish.

what makes you draw this conclusion?

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by forwards1ca View Post
    the problem with the patch coming out so soon is that shit isnt fixed onthe ptr...rogues killign people in openers, monks beign unkillable, spriests 2 shottign people...shit is broken and there is no sign of it being fixed...and blizzard hasnt even looked at the current balance in pvp...they are quickly ruinign the pvp aspect of this game, and are going to lose a shit ton of people if they dont fix it soon

pvp is completely irrelavant to a discussion on raid content. actually something blizzard fails to address repeatedly. I cannot count the number of times pve players were made to suffer due to claims of inbalanced pvp and the changes that ensue.

what makes you draw this conclusion?
    The top players completed the current tier weeks or months ago, until the next patch is launched many of them have nothing to do and some people who have not beaten the current content (less gifted players) want the patch delayed. If those players got their wish then the top players are held back from beating the next tier.

pvp is completely irrelavant to a discussion on raid content.
    This is not entirely true. The large spread in ilvl of raid gear from the various flavors of raid forces there to be a large spread in the PvP gear as well. This negatively affects PvP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The top players completed the current tier weeks or months ago, until the next patch is launched many of them have nothing to do and some people who have not beaten the current content (less gifted players) want the patch delayed. If those players got their wish then the top players are held back from beating the next tier.
    Top end raiders do other things besides raid. When the new raid opens they will clear it in a few weeks and go back to other things they enjoy doing.

ah. I understand. not that less skilled players would wish to hold back more skilled players from completing the following tier, as stated but would wish the more highly skilled players have nothing to do while they wait for the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This is not entirely true. The large spread in ilvl of raid gear from the various flavors of raid forces there to be a large spread in the PvP gear as well. This negatively affects PvP.
    Cept the longer this raid tier holds out the more time pvp players get to get 491 loot. With the patch comming sooner that will impact the chances at some players getting a full set or a few items. But, I do agree the current state of pvp isn't good for a launch of the patch.

ah. I understand. not that less skilled players would wish to hold back more skilled players from completing the following tier, as stated but would wish the more highly skilled players have nothing to do while they wait for the next.
    I am not sure what you are getting at. I don't believe that less skilled raiders want to hold back the top guilds the point is that some raiders want the patch to be held back for their own reasons, mainly a Feat of Strength from what I can tell, and they simply do not care how this affects players who are not in the same position as them.

I am not sure what you are getting at. I don't believe that less skilled raiders want to hold back the top guilds the point is that some raiders want the patch to be held back for their own reasons, mainly a Feat of Strength from what I can tell, and they simply do not care how this affects players who are not in the same position as them.
    playing the devil's advocate, why should only 300 or so guilds out of hundreds of thousands be entitled to the feat of strength? what percentage of players should be entitled to a reward for completing content in a timely manner?

playing the devil's advocate, why should only 300 or so guilds out of hundreds of thousands be entitled to the feat of strength? what percentage of players should be entitled to a reward for completing content in a timely manner?
    Because those 300 or so guilds are good enough to earn it?

Why should 4 million or so people be denied new content so 70k players can earn a Feat of Strength?

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Do you *have* to clear every boss? No.
    Some guilds have cleared every boss on HC, and are bored, some have barely gotten past the first couple. If we listen to the arguments of "I need to clear the bosses first!" people, nothing will get released for 1-2 years.
    The logic your trying to show here is flawed, because content is cleared at differing rates by differing people. Honestly, 4 months is MORE than enough for people to clear and push through the content. Ultimately, it comes down to the people you play with, if they cannot clear it, how is that Blizzards problem?
    Saying "Don't rush stuff else there will be bugs!" is also a fallacy. There will be bugs and balancing issues regardless of how long they leave it on the PTR. Ultimately, as I said, if people haven't cleared the stuff after 4 months, that is there problem, not Blizzards, and you shouldn't expect an entire demograph of players to be kept waiting because El Crappo guild is still trying to get off Sha normal.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 09:01 PM ----------

Exactly what I am getting at.

People have had MORE than enough time, they really have, they just cannot see it is all.
    although I did not agree with your arguement that 4 months should be sufficienf for everyone I did follow what you were saying and your statement was almost valuable until you capped it by stating that if it isnt enough time you are crap.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 03:05 PM ----------

that is the point in a nutshell. it is not the 4 million people who are complete and ready for more it is the couple thousand which puts it clearly in perspective.

that is the point in a nutshell. it is not the 4 million people who are complete and ready for more it is the couple thousand which puts it clearly in perspective.
    There are more than just raiders that play this game additional content goes hand in hand with raid tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    By this time, the only guilds I can imagine struggling will be the low tier/low progress guilds, and people cannot honestly expect a business to release content based upon them.
    There are more than just raid guilds in WoW, and it's high time people remembered that.
    People can expect a rational business to focus on their most numerous customers. For some reason, Blizzard focuses on their most skilled customers, even though they are a tiny minority.

This prejudice on Blizzard's part explains, I think, why there are far more WoW ex-players than WoW players. The game is a giant bait and switch.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    People can expect a rational business to focus on their most numerous customers. For some reason, Blizzard focuses on their most skilled customers, even though they are a tiny minority.

This prejudice on Blizzard's part explains, I think, why there are far more WoW ex-players than WoW players. The game is a giant bait and switch.
    Blizzard is focusing on their customers thats doing LFR only because they are in a BIG majority, and they are tired of this tier and want a new LFR to run.