Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,090

    Interview with the man who killed Osama bin Laden

    http://www.esquire.com/features/man-...bin-laden-0313

    There's a lot of writing there, so won't copy it here, click link and read, and don't be fooled when you get to the bottom, you have 7 pages to read.
    If it interests you, there you go. It talks about a bunch of stuff from what I understood (haven't read it yet myself) including killing Osama and how the soldier left the army and the army basically said "screw you" to him but also how he seems to have written a book. There's a bunch of stuff there, as I said, haven't read all yet because the subject didn't interest me much, but it's a good talking subject for those that are interested

  2. #2
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,172
    i though obama killed osama?

  3. #3
    So...US training men to be killers with deep psychological after-effects on a ridiculous budget while still incapable providing social safety-nets? Mkayy. For all the patriotism and nationalism that surrounds this country, i would atleast expect them to provide free healthcare for veterans. Seriosly, what the fuck? We don´t even let people who have never worked in their entire lives to go whitout housing, meals and medicine.

    I find his determination and reasoning for his actions to be kinda strange. Fight for a country that will only piss on you after you get into the civilian life? For the freedom of corrupt politicians and immoral businesses? Are people really so ignorant...
    Last edited by Arlon; 2013-02-12 at 12:46 AM.

  4. #4
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,090
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    i though obama killed osama?
    Not unless Obama is a navy seal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlon View Post
    So...US training men to be killers with deep psychological after-effects on a ridiculous budget while still incapable providing social safety-nets? Mkayy. For all the patriotism and nationalism that surrounds this country, i would atleast expect them to provide free healthcare for veterans. Seriosly, what the fuck? We don´t even let people who have never worked in their entire lives to go whitout housing, meals and medicine.

    I find his determination and reasoning for his actions to be kinda strange. Fight for a country that will only piss on you after you get into the civilian life? For the freedom of corrupt politicians and immoral businesses? Are people really so ignorant...
    To be honest I'm not surprised. They use them, and when they no longer needed, they dump them. Plus, while they use them and before, everywhere you see and hear soldiers bragging about how awesome soldier life is. This is mostly propaganda to get more people.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlon View Post
    So...US training men to be killers with deep psychological after-effects on a ridiculous budget while still incapable providing social safety-nets? Mkayy. For all the patriotism and nationalism that surrounds this country, i would atleast expect them to provide free healthcare for veterans. Seriosly, what the fuck? We don´t even let people who have never worked in their entire lives to go whitout housing, meals and medicine.

    I find his determination and reasoning for his actions to be kinda strange. Fight for a country that will only piss on you after you get into the civilian life? For the freedom of corrupt politicians and immoral businesses? Are people really so ignorant...
    The guy complaining about no pension or medical benefits quit before putting in his 20 years. It is literally his own fault for quitting at year 16.

  6. #6
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    The guy complaining about no pension or medical benefits quit before putting in his 20 years. It is literally his own fault for quitting at year 16.
    might be, but because he's the one who shot Osama, if the Al'Quaeda finds out he's in huge danger, so a protection program for him and his family is something that the gouvernment should have given them.

  7. #7
    Elemental Lord Manakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cambridge!
    Posts
    8,217
    It's very strange, i was under the impression that many people whom went SF chose to be lifers (Spending the majority of there life within service to reap maxium benefit, however minimal)

    As for his life being in danger, i'd agure somewhat that's his fault for coming out spouting he killed him. In the UK im pretty sure they'd be bound to secrecy ergo, they cant run there mouths and get into a situation like this.

    But i do wish him the best, and hopefully he wont face any backlash from extremists...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    The guy complaining about no pension or medical benefits quit before putting in his 20 years. It is literally his own fault for quitting at year 16.
    So 16 years of service doesn't warrant basic human rights?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MyMarvel View Post
    So 16 years of service doesn't warrant basic human rights?
    What right? He is not getting a pension because he left before 20 years. Also what is that crap about him not receiving Medical Benefits?

    http://www.stripes.com/blogs/the-rup...hcare-1.207506
    http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/app...icemembers.asp

    This took me 1 minutes to google.

    Lastly he would not even need Government Protection if he didn't decide he needs to reveal himself by writing a book. He was anonymous until he revealed what he did to make some money.

  10. #10
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    21,876
    I cannot stand ex military folks that write books unless they are instruction manuals. Glorifying it all just pisses me off, just like those ass holes Chris Ryan and Andy McNabb.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by MyMarvel View Post
    So 16 years of service doesn't warrant basic human rights?
    Only commenting on your response:
    These are not basic human rights.

    On the seal team:
    We honestly should have never of known who these people are. It's put them, their family, and friends at risk. Whoever leaked this should have charges brought down them, and why it isn't a huge media deal I can't understand. I think the government at large should provide them a job to get their remaining 4 years.

  12. #12
    Unfortunately, there really isn't a job market for someone with his skill set. His resume is like no one else's, even amongst his peers, and aside from personal security or fitness training stuff, there really isn't a place for these guys.

    He could go back to be an instructor or something, but someone who wants out of the life really doesn't have a lot of options.

  13. #13
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Unfortunately, there really isn't a job market for someone with his skill set. His resume is like no one else's, even amongst his peers, and aside from personal security or fitness training stuff, there really isn't a place for these guys.

    He could go back to be an instructor or something, but someone who wants out of the life really doesn't have a lot of options.
    Imagine putting that on a resume?

    -Word processor and Excel
    -Excellent people skills
    -Shot Bin Laden
    -Class C License

  14. #14
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    15,393
    What is that misinformation about vets not having medical help if they quit early?
    I know 3 veterans who did just that. One of them even got kicked out of the army, and even he has coverage. All three have free medical help.
    They go to the Vet hospital and got what they need there.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Imagine putting that on a resume?

    -Word processor and Excel
    -Excellent people skills
    -Shot Bin Laden
    -Class C License

    - Able to work without direct supervision of management
    - Strong team player
    - Able to disarm and kill 3 armed assailants while restrained and hooded
    - Excellent telephone manners

  16. #16
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    15,393
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I cannot stand ex military folks that write books unless they are instruction manuals. Glorifying it all just pisses me off, just like those ass holes Chris Ryan and Andy McNabb.
    It pleases me to see ex service members with such mindset... But I believe, that's an American phenomenon anyway.
    Did you see the funeral ceremony for Chris Kyle?
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/02/11/e...-his-memorial/
    Speaking of glorification.. Considering that, who can blame people for blowing into the same horn?

  17. #17
    I don't really see how his skill set is any different then any other veteran, other then they're probably very specific. Lot of my buddies who went to Iraq of Afghanistan came back, went to school, and either became law enforcement or lawyers.

    My point was, for such a prolific operation, (and due to the complete incompetency of someone up top to keep their trap shut.) they should find 'something' for these guys to do. Give them part or full time. If they're heavily mentally scarred, have them lick stamps.:-p Send them to get help. Pay for their college. These guys are under a very unique set of circumstances. (again, due to someone f'n up at the top.) They should also give these guys families around the clock security.

  18. #18
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    21,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Unfortunately, there really isn't a job market for someone with his skill set. His resume is like no one else's, even amongst his peers, and aside from personal security or fitness training stuff, there really isn't a place for these guys.

    He could go back to be an instructor or something, but someone who wants out of the life really doesn't have a lot of options.
    I doubt any PMC would want him, nobody likes a blabbermouth or a snitch.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSageCorban View Post
    I don't really see how his skill set is any different then any other veteran, other then they're probably very specific. Lot of my buddies who went to Iraq of Afghanistan came back, went to school, and either became law enforcement or lawyers.

    SEALs with DEVGRU basically can receive training in anything they want that is related to operations. Driving, telecoms, language, vehicles, diving, weapons, anything you can think of. That's why their resumes are so unique, they are allowed to train for whatever they want to develop their own set of skills.

  20. #20
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    21,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    SEALs with DEVGRU basically can receive training in anything they want that is related to operations. Driving, telecoms, language, vehicles, diving, weapons, anything you can think of. That's why their resumes are so unique, they are allowed to train for whatever they want to develop their own set of skills.
    Sure, they can name their price in any PMC, except for the ones that are well known because their faces are printed all over their books.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •