Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Silvershard Mine - Seriously?

    Today after getting home I did nothing but Silvershard Mine all day. Invite times are fairly long as Horde because the Alliance seems to stay as far as possibly away from this one. Might be because it's the most imbalanced battleground to date. I have so far played 83 matches on Silvershard Mines and won 76 of those.

    The funny thing is that two of these matches that were lost we played with only 7-8 people because for some reasons nobody joined out team and thus the Alliance managed to slowly tap the lores due to having bigger numbers. Another 3 are from rated Battlegrounds where I was forced to play the Battleground as Alliance.

    Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the Battleground a whole lot and having a blast with it. But somehow I kinda feel bad for the other side, as they might aswell not even try in most cases. If both teams are about equal the Alliance will inevitably lose. Even if the Horde is a lot worse then the Alliance, they will often win due to the Battleground favoring them a lot.

    I'm in all honesty baffled by how little recognization this issue gets so far. People cry about TP and the water which is a minor issue when we have a elephant in the living room here.

  2. #2
    I'm glad Horde has 1 BG where there's a distinct advantage. Alliance has had easy AV wins for how many years now?

    I play both sides so I'm really not bias either way. How would you change silvershard mines to make it more fair?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    I'm glad Horde has 1 BG where there's a distinct advantage. Alliance has had easy AV wins for how many years now?

    I play both sides so I'm really not bias either way. How would you change silvershard mines to make it more fair?
    My victory rate in AV is around 60-65% as Horde. The only part where the Alliance is favored is by rushing. Anyway my gripe with this is that it's the most imbalanced BG to date and that by a lot. This becomes a problem especially on RBG's when being forced to play Alliance.

  4. #4
    Yeah I didn't get the whole design idea for Mines.

    "Lets have all 3 carts cap on the hordes side of the map!". I play Horde too and I find it stupid.

  5. #5
    Before I took a break recently from PVP I actually liked this BG way more than Kotmogu, and I'm alliance. Kotmogu is on my blacklist. It is dumb how it is so horde-biased but meh.

  6. #6
    If Battle for Gilneas wasn't so awful I'd blacklist this. As it stands it'll have to be Kotmogu and Gilneas. Silvershard is at least fun, even if it's an almost guaranteed Alliance loss. I'd probably be more annoyed if I played RBGs.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    I'm glad Horde has 1 BG where there's a distinct advantage. Alliance has had easy AV wins for how many years now?

    I play both sides so I'm really not bias either way. How would you change silvershard mines to make it more fair?
    Lol a Hordie whining about Av bias? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
    When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.

  8. #8
    Warchief Viscoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bluebell Town
    Posts
    2,067
    As someone who hasn't done a lot of BGs since MoP, and therefore doesn't know the maps very well, why do you say there's a bias?

    And isn't Kotmogu completely even? It's a bunch of squares. But I've done Mines and Kotmogu like twice each so maybe I'm wrong?
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby
    Avatar by Kyoht.

  9. #9
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    I'm glad Horde has 1 BG where there's a distinct advantage. Alliance has had easy AV wins for how many years now?

    I play both sides so I'm really not bias either way. How would you change silvershard mines to make it more fair?
    That's funny. The only BG where I have a positive win-loss ratio as Alliance is AB. AV fluctuates a bit between positive and negative, but the rest are purely in the red. Silvershard even more so. I've won that one twice since release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    As someone who hasn't done a lot of BGs since MoP, and therefore doesn't know the maps very well, why do you say there's a bias?

    And isn't Kotmogu completely even? It's a bunch of squares. But I've done Mines and Kotmogu like twice each so maybe I'm wrong?
    Katmogu is absolutely even, Silvershard Mine is not. The problem with Silvershard Mine are several actually.

    First of all Horde starts closer to both Earth and Lava mine cart. If both sites rush Horde will always reach them first, this alone gives Horde a big advantage at the start of a battleground because they Alliance will rarely ever have the chance to tap those mine carts back in the beginning.

    Horde also holds control over the Lava and Water lore due to being closer more often then the Alliance does. Alliance respawn has to pass by the Horde, Horde respawn can reach it way faster and mostly unharassed giving Horde an distinct advantage.

    The worst of all is that Lava Minecart alone can nearly win the battleground. It is WAY faster then the other two, in fact it might actually be more then twice as fast as the earth (Alliance) Minecart is. It is also the Minecart by far hardest for Alliance to control. The middle (water) Minecart takes longer then lava, quite a bit but is still faster then the Earth one, this one is also far easier for Horde to control.


    Basically the team starting as Horde gets an advantage of capping minecarts early one and thus often ending up with a lead over the team starting as Alliance. Worse yet Horde has an easier time controlling the best minecart and the second best minecart then the Alliance has.

  11. #11
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    As someone who hasn't done a lot of BGs since MoP, and therefore doesn't know the maps very well, why do you say there's a bias?

    And isn't Kotmogu completely even? It's a bunch of squares. But I've done Mines and Kotmogu like twice each so maybe I'm wrong?
    Kotmogu suffers from too much randomization of graveyard spawns in my opinion. Otherwise I'm fine with it.

    Silvershard? Not so much. One track runs straight past the Horde spawn, with the two others defaulting to the Horde side as well. Unless they do a major screw-up, Horde will almost always get the first two carts, ensuring a leg-up for the rest of the match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  12. #12
    Pandaren Monk Feral Camel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Horde will almost always get the first two carts, ensuring a leg-up for the rest of the match.
    I really disagree with this (played around 100 matches, but every bodies experience would be different). I've found that the first Kart to cap is normally the ruins (northwest) side, which the alliance does have the advantage. I do believe this is Horde dominated BG though.

    I'd have no issue with the starting areas being randomised though.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Lol a Hordie whining about Av bias? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Can you not read? I said I have no bias. I play both horde and alliance.

    And yes, in all out zerg (mostly every random AV), alliance does have a very distinct advantage. Can't even believe you'd try to argue something so cut and dry.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Before I took a break recently from PVP I actually liked this BG way more than Kotmogu, and I'm alliance. Kotmogu is on my blacklist. It is dumb how it is so horde-biased but meh.
    Wait, isn't it a mirrored map?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Wait, isn't it a mirrored map?
    Oops I meant Silvershard is horde-biased. I still like Silvershard way more though.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Can you not read? I said I have no bias. I play both horde and alliance.

    And yes, in all out zerg (mostly every random AV), alliance does have a very distinct advantage. Can't even believe you'd try to argue something so cut and dry.
    You can say whatever you like, that doesn't mean its true. Its also funny that a Horde would ever complain of a possible AV bias at all, ever.
    When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.

  17. #17
    I had to do this stupid bg as part of the legendary. As Alliance it took me hours upon hours to finally get a win. I'm never stepping foot in there ever again. lol.

  18. #18
    first time in win as ally....and a dominating win at that. but thats def the exception, the map is stupid out of balance.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You can say whatever you like, that doesn't mean its true. Its also funny that a Horde would ever complain of a possible AV bias at all, ever.
    Thanks for proving you started playing during wotlk or later. Horde have known about the alliances advantage in AV since it was introduced. The only advantage horde had was on the north tower and we lost that. It is funny that a wrathbaby would pretend to know what hes talking about.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-12 at 04:05 PM.

  20. #20
    I like silvershard mines, the map itself is fine and the play and pace of the bg is very enjoyable.
    however they should randomize the cart's starting spawns, like they randomize starting sides in strand.

    but part of me dons't have much sympathy after Gilneas, IoC and AV with their alliance favoring strats.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •