Raiding on Thursdays.

QQ inc
    After a couple of days of searching for a Horde guild that has cleared all normals and is recruiting for my class I have determined that there is NO Horde guild that does not raid on Thursdays. I have searched thou probably 200 guilds and everyone raids Thursdays. I, having never logged on Thursdays, didn't realize that they are such a popular raid day.
    Why is it that so many raid then? Is it because of the weekend coming up and to get it out of the way? Is it just the "day" to do wow stuff? It seems to be that everyone loves Tues Thurs raiding!

My guild raids Tues/Wed/Sun

Thursdays is a pretty common day for 4+ day/week guilds. Three-day guilds are generally T/W/Th or T/W/S (or less commonly, T/W/M)

Edit: Unless you're referring to EU which we are not.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

We raid Wednesday / Monday.

I've always wanted to raid Tues. / Wed. / Thurs. though. I think it's because they're so close together and not on the weekend. You get all your raiding done 3 nights in a row and you don't have to raid on weekends.

I raid Tuesday, Wednesday and Monday but it's also an Alliance guild not a Horde one. We like avoiding the weekends because peoples' schedules are more in flux on those days. I can see why people would like Thursdays though. You can get pretty good spacing if you go Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday. Also, it's just another day to use to raid so you can avoid weekends as much as possible.

I wonder why people don't raid on weekends.

10+ Year Old Account
    For years I have raided mon/wed/thurs in multiple guilds. And almost every guild I knows raids thurs. I think most people like to raid on weekdays to take there mind off work or what ever else they have going on. I can see why most don't want to raid on weekends. I have never wanted to. (nobody raids on Tuesday on Aussie realms since that is shutdown night which happens around 9pm)
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-02-12 at 12:03 AM.
    Aye mate

In a way, raiding on weekdays in like the 9-5 job. And people want to relax on weekends.

Out guild changes it up, we do W/Th/Su

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    In a way, raiding on weekdays in like the 9-5 job. And people want to relax on weekends.

This is exactly the conclusion I came to. Which is pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    This is exactly the conclusion I came to. Which is pathetic.
    Please explain how it is "pathetic". Because I do not understand what you mean by that.

I'm just speculating, of course. But the reason that people don't raid on weekends is because they're "off". The weekends are a time to relax.

I refuse to let a video get to me like that. It's pathetic to treat a video game like a job so much that weekends are considered your time off. To me WoW is relaxing and because of that, I only have time for it when I'm off, on the weekends. This is probably suitable for me because I didn't slave away on it all week like it's a job.

Deleted
    I'm just speculating, of course. But the reason that people don't raid on weekends is because they're "off". The weekends are a time to relax.

I refuse to let a video get to me like that. It's pathetic to treat a video game like a job so much that weekends are considered your time off. To me WoW is relaxing and because of that, I only have time for it when I'm off, on the weekends. This is probably suitable for me because I didn't slave away on it all week like it's a job.
    As much as raiding and downing bosses feels satisfying / like an achievement, spending 3 hours+ wiping on a heroic boss on a Sunday evening can't really be construed as "fun" IMO, it's a means to an end. Not to mention weekends are time when "people are off" from work and whatnot, meaning other things take priority... Family, cooking, housework, time with friends.

If you find progression relaxing then you're either:

a.) doing it wrong
    b.) seriously pro
    c.) masochistic :-D

Either way, we (social team) raid Thursday/Sunday/Monday generally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Please explain how it is "pathetic". Because I do not understand what you mean by that.
    I think he's trying to say some people describe it as similar to a job yet they still do it, implying they are addicted or can't stop. Calling it a job also doesn't imply they're enjoying it, it's something that they HAVE to do.

10+ Year Old Account

Who said anything about it being a job? Like I said before people raid on weekdays because its relaxing and takes your mind off work or anything else going on during the week. I don't understand where your hostility and need to try offended people who raid week days came from. Do I care if peopl want to only raid weekends? No.
    Aye mate

The guild my DK is in has three raid teams... The one I used to be in has always raided Wed/Thurs and sometimes Mon.... Team 2 is Mon/Wed and Team 3 is Sat/Sun I dunno why but for me the Wed/Thurs feels more natural, I guess it's because it's the day after reset that people raid that day? I personally prefer not to raid on the weekend as I like to go out on Saturday/Sunday and I don't want the hassle of being tied down to a computer game whereas weeknights (with the exception of Friday occasionally) I stay home. I think it's the same for most other people... it's not the whole wanting a break on the weekend that makes them not want to raid, but not wanting the hassle of being committed to a raid group and not being able to go out if they want to
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2013-02-12 at 01:28 AM.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The guilds I have been in from vanilla to Cata raided wed/thurs/sun/mon or wed/thurs/mon. I dont see why thursday raiding is weird at all, how is it any different to wednesday? or any other day of the week. Friday/saturday raiding are the only days I find a bit odd. Many people want to go out on friday or saturday nights.

Tues, Wed and Thurs are probably the most common raid days, people like to raid content ASAP and those 3 days are obviously all in the middle of the week when most people have nothing going on. Monday is kind of an odd day with how resets work and Friday/Saturday some people get out with friends while others just pretend they do and stay home anyways.

That being said, I assure you, there are plenty of guilds that fit your needs that don't raid Thursdays. Most guilds of that description raid 2-3 days now, I don't think it's that unlikely you'll find what you're looking for.

My current guild and my last guild both raided Tues/Thurs, so it happens, haha. Just to add to the conversation, I like raiding during the week to unwind after work. I won't raid on the weekends because I save that time for real life activities: wife, friends etc..

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I run a 10m casual-progressive guild, and we do Tues/Thurs also. Whenever we've tried to 'switch it up' and do a Wed or a Sat/Sun, the attendance goes down the proverbial crapper. We save Monday as our 'last available / catch up' night, before the raids reset, if we cant run one of the 2 nights earlier in the week, due to attendance issues or holidays etc.

I am also in the 'weekends are my time off' group-- even tho I might not have precise plans for my weekend, doesnt always mean I wanna spend it on WoW either. Most of our raid team is comprised of older players, late 20s thru 50s, so most of them have family and other obligations on weekends.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde