Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Coloring our gear..

Ok so I k ow we gear transmog but has blizzard ever thought about letting us change the color of our transmoged gear?? I think this would be an awesome idea that way even if you see people with the same gear the colors will be different... Thoughts opinions?

I really don't want to see a bunch of people in all pink.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I don't want to see people doing rainbow gear.

At the most, AT THE MOST, I might want to see people being able to color the highlights as long as it colors the entire set (tier gear only), but that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    this would be awesome. silver and black attack for me if this ever happened.

Rainbow powers activate! Think of the possibilities.

It would be FAR too much work now. They'd have to remake every single item in the entire game.

Deleted
    Having an option to recolour an item into items of the same model would be cool. Such as changing heroic tier into RF gear. Or simply into the offset pieces. So often I find myself with say 3/4 heroic tier items (and don't have the normal versions) and it just looks kinda daft

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    this would be awesome. silver and black attack for me if this ever happened.
    I guess nothing says bring me to a raid better than looking like a Raider. Either that or, nothing says dont bring me to a raid better than looking like a Raider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It would be FAR too much work now. They'd have to remake every single item in the entire game.
    never heard of hue/saturation and Colorise tool dont you

Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    Ok so I k ow we gear transmog but has blizzard ever thought about letting us change the color of our transmoged gear?? I think this would be an awesome idea that way even if you see people with the same gear the colors will be different... Thoughts opinions?
    yeah would be an awesome idea but the game is too old to add such a feature. maybe from an expansion onwards
    you would get horrible colours over other colours. theres no bump mapping in wow so they wont look as good if colours are over detailed parts

Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    Gimmicks gimmicks gimmicks

First transmog, now this.

GW2 has recoloring, sooooo inconsequential.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post

Only if the recolors allowed are limited to what is already in the game.

That is, recoloring the Vengeful Gladiator Plate Gear to T6 Onslaught for warriors, for instance.

No no no no!

Multi-colored gear on people would not be right.

Deleted

GW2's items were designed with the specific purpose of being recoloured in mind. WoW's didn't. The game engine doesn't support it.

It's easy to say OH NEW GAME 13 HAS THIS WOW SHOULD TOO, but WoW's engine never predicted it. You can't just shove some code in there and be done with it, that's not how stuff works.

Also, some item/colour combinations in games that allow it always look like crap.

10+ Year Old Account

I spent an hour last night playing with dyes on my baby Mesmer, getting *just* the right shade of pinky-purple for the cuff on the top of her knee-high boots.

She looks awesome now
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    No no no no!

Many (most?) MMOs have armor dyes. I've yet to see a single rainbow person in any MMO I've ever played. This "everyone will pick stupid color schemes" argument is provably false. Just log onto GW2 or any other game that allows this already and look around.

If you have a thing against black, you could make that argument. So many people love them some black armors. That’s for sure... But rainbow just doesn't happen.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    No no no no!

My TBC era clown suit begs to differ.

I support this 100%. Anything that allows more customization is good. People that are all bent around the axle about the x-mog and dye systems being a "slap in da face!!!" to the srz bznz that is WoW need to chill out. That blood elf named "GokuVegeta69" or that gnome mage named "Frostitute" don't shatter the immersion at ALL, yet my orc or human looking like a city guard instead of a gaudy vegas landmark just ruins the illusion...
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have never liked the idea of transmog. If you want your gear to look different, carry around a different set of gear. Unfortunately, I am not the President of the Universe, and Blizzard didn't ask my opinion before implementing it... (Now that we have it, I use it... but I still think its a stupid idea.)

With that said, I have long argued that there should be a way of dying one's gear: changing the colors. When the idea of xmog showing up in WoW actually started being bandied about as more than just a fantasy, I suggested having tailoring/leatherworking/blacksmithing create some sort of dye that could color gear - and allowing you to change primary, secondary, and highlight colors.

That's what I'm saying!! Maybe make it so you can only change the gear or certain parts of it to colors that are already in the game. I don't think this would be very hard to implement but it beats seeing 20 other warlocks all looking the same even with transmog!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Cannot wait to roll around in DK T11 all in pink