Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmattmatt View Post
    Trying to figure out which of these would give me the best chance at glad for 5.2?

    Shadow Priest, Warlock, Mage, Boomkin...

    I know Spriest is right now, but I was figuring that there are too many (and more to come) FoTM rollers for that class.

    What do you guys think? If it affects the answer, the Warlock would be Affliction, and I would prefer Frost or Arcane on the Mage..
    Shadow Priests are getting raped with nerfs. Avoid!
    Warlocks are getting mostly buffs so they will be great for 3v3.
    Mages will be slightly worse of compared to 5.1 but still very good.
    Boomkin has always been gimped and only viable for 1 or 2 comps.

    Go with Lock or Mage for best chance to get gladiator. All you need to add is your own and your teammates skills

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 02:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    Shadow is one of the easiest specs to play in arena.
    Exaggeration of the year. This guy has no clue what he is talking about. Just stating the obvious here but still...
    Last edited by saltyharbls; 2013-02-12 at 01:45 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Be a skilled player?

    You won't be able to reach glad rating if you keep FoTM rolling, and don't continue practising a certain spec/class. Even if you would reroll to the most OP class in the history of OP classes, there will ALWAYS be people who are beter as that certain OP class because they've most likely been playing the class really long.
    Dakkroth is multi r1 on 4 classes..

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 03:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post
    U can't go wrong with a warrior. They are getting more damage buffs in 5.2, so you basically just need to play with 2 hpala's. Maybe won't get gladiator but will have a lot of fun winning
    Yeah but overall they're getting nerfed extremely hard, not saying that it isn't a fair nerf because they're god mode right now but still, Warrior won't be the best option for super high ratings anymore

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 03:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mattmattmatt View Post
    Someone says you won't that much skill w/ Spriest, someone else says has highest skill cap....Which is it?
    Shadow is very vulnerable to physical damage dealers because their mobility is not their prime advantage so to speak. So with a Kittycleave or TSG constantly on you it will be hard to pressure them. However, when they're left alone when somebody peels for you (preferably a warrior or mage) it's ridiculously simple becuase you just DoT everything and just spam MD, swap, grip etc to limit the enemy pressure.
    Last edited by Senathor; 2013-02-12 at 02:40 PM.

  3. #43
    I read "Best chance to get laid?"... srsly wtf brain

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    I read "Best chance to get laid?"... srsly wtf brain
    Bitches luuuve gladiators

  5. #45
    pick whatever u find the most fun to play, as long as its not extremely underpowered, anything will do

  6. #46
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mississippi, United States
    Posts
    9
    Maybe asking about Glad was the wrong way to word it. I know that it takes practice, team synergy, etc. to get there. I want the option that will give me more viable comp options and not be limited to 1 or 2 comps. Reading all of the posts, that would eliminate Boomkin, which I figured might happen. I've played each of the other 3 (not leveled to 90, of course) and I honestly enjoy them all. I just can't decide which to start with. I will eventually level them all to 90, especially since I have the cloth BoA's to shoot through the levels, but I want to get better with one of them instead of hopping back and forth.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmattmatt View Post
    Maybe asking about Glad was the wrong way to word it. I know that it takes practice, team synergy, etc. to get there. I want the option that will give me more viable comp options and not be limited to 1 or 2 comps. Reading all of the posts, that would eliminate Boomkin, which I figured might happen. I've played each of the other 3 (not leveled to 90, of course) and I honestly enjoy them all. I just can't decide which to start with. I will eventually level them all to 90, especially since I have the cloth BoA's to shoot through the levels, but I want to get better with one of them instead of hopping back and forth.
    Out of all those i can safely say that mage is historically the best choice for arenas since they have been borderline OP all seasons and 5.2 doesnt look as it will change much in that area.

    Also you can teleport everywhere!

  8. #48
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mississippi, United States
    Posts
    9
    Yeah I've narrowed it down to Warlock and Shadow Priest. I may end up rolling mage as an alt down the road, but not just yet. Leaning towards lock, since there's so many shadow priests right now. My only concern is that I've seen multiple places that locks are basically a watered down shadow priest. Not asking for an argument to start, just comments/thoughts.

  9. #49
    Why would you choose warlock if you are aiming to be gladiator?

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Why would you choose warlock if you are aiming to be gladiator?
    Because they will be top tier caster come 5.2 for 3v3?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Because they will be top tier caster come 5.2 for 3v3?
    Then you are only one with that opinion. Can you be more accurate?

    I would like to roll warlock but gave up that idea because everyone here says that warlocks are not good at all and more nerfs incoming.

  12. #52
    Mage and only mage

  13. #53
    Dude, no matter what class you are you cant just get faceroll gladiator... Gladiator aint easy bro, You still need skill

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendist View Post
    Isn't challenger like 1950-2k? Players SITTING @ 1800 does not JUST go up and grab 2200, even Warriors. Else that guy must've had proper use of a Hunter/Warrior/Rsham at the start of the season O.o
    I haven't played in a few seasons but you used to be able to get challenger with 1600 or 1700. I recall getting rival in the 1800 to 1900 range and duelist up to 2300. It could be different now.
    Ret Paladin
    8/14H T16

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Because they will be top tier caster come 5.2 for 3v3?
    you're saying to avoid playing spriest in favor of lock in 5.2? pretty hilarious.

    spriest / mage.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 06:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    I haven't played in a few seasons but you used to be able to get challenger with 1600 or 1700. I recall getting rival in the 1800 to 1900 range and duelist up to 2300. It could be different now.
    i got duelist S9 @ 2740 :/ [albeit - that was on bg9 so it wasnt the norm] . things ARE much different now.. but i heard inflation of rating will make things similar to cata again so meh.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-02-13 at 06:05 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  16. #56
    High Overlord Bawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    198
    Doesn't mean boomkins are bad. :/ Just gotta pair up with the right comp and be skilled. Good boomkins are hard to come by nowadays.

    Still think that you should play a class you are comfortable/good at.

    Bawk - Balance PvE (Alliance) | Bawk - Balance PvP (Horde)
    My Youtube Channel

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Because they will be top tier caster come 5.2 for 3v3?
    I just...I mean...Really? You really think that locks are going to be top tier caster for 5.2?

    Loss of instant cc
    MINOR survivability buff (10% damage instead of 10% armor)
    Minor pet surivability buff
    NO damage buffs that I'm aware of
    No help for reliance on MG, which is really really really easy to interrupt

    So, they go from being weak, as Nadagast will tell you, to being slightly less weak, as he'll still tell you.

    That's not to say that you can't take a Lock to high rankings, but they aren't easy and are VERY comp reliant.

    The top caster will probably still be Spriest, from what I've read. Not my experience, but what I've read from people who are better than me.

    I'm not sure what you're reading/where you're getting this from, but you're wrong.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    The top caster will probably still be Spriest, from what I've read. Not my experience, but what I've read from people who are better than me.

    I'm not sure what you're reading/where you're getting this from, but you're wrong.
    With all the nerfs to shadow priest survivability and utility and reverted nerfs to blanket silence for mages/locks among other buffs there will be ALOT
    more locks and mages than 5.1. The amount of shadow priests will go down as the amount of mages/locks will go up.

    Just wait and see

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendist View Post
    Shadowpriest has a pretty high skillcap, so to get Glad with that, you will have to practice a LOT.

    As for FotM, we'll see when the patch arrives. Right now Rogues look Stronger, and WW Monks will be more viable.

    Mages will never hit the cellar, so you could go for that if you want to ride the cheesy-train
    Sp's do not have a high skillcap at all, it is quite easy if you ask me compared to playing a boomer, mage or warlock well. If i merely look at the amount of macro's i have for my wlock and mage compared to my sp. I play sp when i want to relax.

    On topic, for glad you should play what you like and are good at. In my opinion play mage cause they have burst and can apply sick pressure and are good in a variety of comps especially now that rogues are resurfacing.

    Edit: It will always be mages, they are the only class that are considered op that are getting buffed effectively

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by impfernal View Post
    Sp's do not have a high skillcap at all, it is quite easy if you ask me compared to playing a boomer, mage or warlock well. If i merely look at the amount of macro's i have for my wlock and mage compared to my sp. I play sp when i want to relax.

    On topic, for glad you should play what you like and are good at. In my opinion play mage cause they have burst and can apply sick pressure and are good in a variety of comps especially now that rogues are resurfacing.

    Edit: It will always be mages, they are the only class that are considered op that are getting buffed effectively
    SP's are by far the class with the highest skillcap. It takes a lot of practice and time to use its potential. Everyone can run around and dot a bit, SP's are way more than that, offensively and defensively.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •