Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Best chance to get glad?

Trying to figure out which of these would give me the best chance at glad for 5.2?

Shadow Priest, Warlock, Mage, Boomkin...

I know Spriest is right now, but I was figuring that there are too many (and more to come) FoTM rollers for that class.

What do you guys think? If it affects the answer, the Warlock would be Affliction, and I would prefer Frost or Arcane on the Mage..

10+ Year Old Account
    Be a skilled player?

You won't be able to reach glad rating if you keep FoTM rolling, and don't continue practising a certain spec/class. Even if you would reroll to the most OP class in the history of OP classes, there will ALWAYS be people who are beter as that certain OP class because they've most likely been playing the class really long.

any of those choices are viable, altho i believe there's less glad boomkins out of your choices, but still able. It's more so about the player to get glad than what toon you play

Deleted
    Shadowpriest has a pretty high skillcap, so to get Glad with that, you will have to practice a LOT.

As for FotM, we'll see when the patch arrives. Right now Rogues look Stronger, and WW Monks will be more viable.

Mages will never hit the cellar, so you could go for that if you want to ride the cheesy-train

Spriest/Mage

You don't need to get anywhere near the skillcap of either to be in glad range.

Edit: Rogue/Monk will be the FOTM godclasses next patch. You'll see people currently stuck at 1800 with 50% win ratios rocketing past 2.2k instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    spriest and mage are your best bet, affliction seems to be pretty gimped this expansion due to majority of dmg being delivered thru channeling/casting and lack of defence mechanics against melee cleaves, which will go rampart with rogs and monks buffs, boomkins idk , seems pretty strong during cd's spaming moon and sunfire at the same time and blowing things up with insta starsurges , but outside of that they flop pretty easly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Spriest/Mage

You don't need to get anywhere near the skillcap of either to be in glad range.

Edit: Rogue/Monk will be the FOTM godclasses next patch. You'll see people currently stuck at 1800 with 50% win ratios rocketing past 2.2k instantly.
    Aaaand add a gram of salt. There you go, dinner is served.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendist View Post
    Aaaand add a gram of salt. There you go, dinner is served.
    Which part do you disagree with? It happened with Warriors and Hunters this patch.

Deleted
    Which part do you disagree with? It happened with Warriors and Hunters this patch.
    Unless you're talking about the new rating system coming up, I don't expect to see anyone fly above 2.2k even though they pick FotM. Especially not Spriest, which, Like I said previously, has a pretty high skillcap (difference between scrubs and gods).

Also, I have not seen any players that previously were stuck @ 1800 with WR of 50%, hit 2.2k even in 5.1 (warriors/hunters in particular). But I have seen players stuck at 2k and 60%'ish or higher hit 2.2k with the class imbalances.

My point is, that you seem to be overreacting a bit. Show me a guy that went from 1800 bad, to 2.2k rival from cata->5.1 without buying RBG boost and getting t2 weapon.

Unless you're talking about the new rating system coming up, I don't expect to see anyone fly above 2.2k even though they pick FotM. Especially not Spriest, which, Like I said previously, has a pretty high skillcap (difference between scrubs and gods).

Also, I have not seen any players that previously were stuck @ 1800 with WR of 50%, hit 2.2k even in 5.1 (warriors/hunters in particular). But I have seen players stuck at 2k and 60%'ish or higher hit 2.2k with the class imbalances.

My point is, that you seem to be overreacting a bit. Show me a guy that went from 1800 bad, to 2.2k rival from cata->5.1 without buying RBG boost and getting t2 weapon.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...evement#95:165

That wasn't hard lol. Do you believe me now?

Also I'm probably going to get infracted for naming/shaming -.-
    Last edited by Choptimus; 2013-02-12 at 03:07 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone says you won't that much skill w/ Spriest, someone else says has highest skill cap....Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by mattmattmatt View Post
    Someone says you won't that much skill w/ Spriest, someone else says has highest skill cap....Which is it?
    Spriest has a high skill cap but you don't need to be anywhere NEAR THE SKILLCAP to get glad as spriest. Being mediocre is fine with good synergy between your teammates.

Deleted
    Before I send you off to bug Talbadar, Tayloryoyo or Evleh, think for a minute.

Think about all the utility-spells and team-beneficial casts you have. Use your globals right, and you'll win 90% of your games. Hit it wrong or at the wrong point in the game, and you will scoop up a defeat.

So you decide, low or high skillcap?

Let me take a low-skillcap class to compare with, Arms warrior in this season. You have Second Wind, so you have a lot of space to make mistakes. You have a long stun, on a short cooldown, so you can make even more mistakes. You have THE, hands down, THE, seriously.., THE best cooldown-stacking in the game, and in most arenagames, will ensure you a win-on-demand (Reck, Trinket, Avatar, Skull Banner etc.). See how they differ?

Before I send you off to bug Talbadar, Tayloryoyo or Evleh, think for a minute.

Think about all the utility-spells and team-beneficial casts you have. Use your globals right, and you'll win 90% of your games. Hit it wrong or at the wrong point in the game, and you will scoop up a defeat.

So you decide, low or high skillcap?

Let me take a low-skillcap class to compare with, Arms warrior in this season. You have Second Wind, so you have a lot of space to make mistakes. You have a long stun, on a short cooldown, so you can make even more mistakes. You have THE, hands down, THE, seriously.., THE best cooldown-stacking in the game, and in most arenagames, will ensure you a win-on-demand (Reck, Trinket, Avatar, Skull Banner etc.). See how they differ?
    He didn't read properly. You said Spriests have a high skillcap, I said you don't need to be anywhere close to the skillcap to get glad.

Do you think any of the random 2400 spriests are even half as good as Talbadar? No? Exactly.

Edit: You ignored the evidence I found for you, do you believe me now?

Deleted
    He didn't read properly. You said Spriests have a high skillcap, I said you don't need to be anywhere close to the skillcap to get glad.

Do you think any of the random 2400 spriests are even half as good as Talbadar? No? Exactly.

Edit: You ignored the evidence I found for you, do you believe me now?
    Talbadar usually sits at around 2700, so no, they're obviously not as good. And those sitting @ 2400 are not in r1 range, but I agree, it is odd they are capable of reaching 2400.

As for your evidence, I saw it, and I saw a guy who had played over 6k arena games.. So I couldn't really see how he had gone from 1800 scrub to 2200 nut.

Talbadar usually sits at around 2700, so no, they're obviously not as good. And those sitting @ 2400 are not in r1 range, but I agree, it is odd they are capable of reaching 2400.

As for your evidence, I saw it, and I saw a guy who had played over 6k arena games.. So I couldn't really see how he had gone from 1800 scrub to 2200 nut.
    Check his achievements. Challenger last season and now 2.2k. You said "Show me a guy that went from 1800 bad, to 2.2k rival from cata->5.1". I delivered.

My point stands, I am correct.

Edit:
    Just the Two of Us: 1750
    Earn a 1750 personal rating in the 2v2 bracket of the arena.
    12/26/2011

Three's Company: 2200
    Earn a 2200 personal rating in the 3v3 bracket of the arena.
    10/24/2012

See?
    Last edited by Choptimus; 2013-02-12 at 03:30 AM.

Deleted
    Check his achievements. Challenger last season and now 2.2k. You said "Show me a guy that went from 1800 bad, to 2.2k rival from cata->5.1". I delivered.

My point stands, I am correct.

Edit:
    Just the Two of Us: 1750
    Earn a 1750 personal rating in the 2v2 bracket of the arena.
    12/26/2011

Three's Company: 2200
    Earn a 2200 personal rating in the 3v3 bracket of the arena.
    10/24/2012

See?
    Isn't challenger like 1950-2k? Players SITTING @ 1800 does not JUST go up and grab 2200, even Warriors. Else that guy must've had proper use of a Hunter/Warrior/Rsham at the start of the season O.o

Isn't challenger like 1950-2k? Players SITTING @ 1800 does not JUST go up and grab 2200, even Warriors. Else that guy must've had proper use of a Hunter/Warrior/Rsham at the start of the season O.o
    No he just KFC'd his way to 2.2k with the stampede bug and 5stack TFB, like a lot of warrior/hunter teams did.

Same will happen for Monk/Rogue, providing the player is not 100% terrible of course.

0.0% - 0.5%: Gladiator
    0.5% - 3%: Duelist
    3% - 10%: Rival
    10% - 35%: Challenger
    Last edited by Choptimus; 2013-02-12 at 03:48 AM.

Trying to figure out which of these would give me the best chance at glad for 5.2?

Shadow Priest, Warlock, Mage, Boomkin...

I know Spriest is right now, but I was figuring that there are too many (and more to come) FoTM rollers for that class.

What do you guys think? If it affects the answer, the Warlock would be Affliction, and I would prefer Frost or Arcane on the Mage..
    None for you.. Really. No chance.
    You can get glad with any class, you don't need a specific class to get it.
    Just be a good player.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 03:49 AM ----------

No one is 2700 atm.
    Rating is harder to get this season, so your point is invalid.
    Glad will be 2400 this season, just like last season the cut off on BG9 was 2450
    R1 is not far off, only 2500 on most BGs.
    Last edited by solvexx; 2013-02-12 at 03:51 AM.

Deleted
    No he just KFC'd his way to 2.2k with the stampede bug and 5stack overpowerd, like a lot of warrior/hunter teams did.

Same will happen for Monk/Rogue, providing the player is not 100% terrible of course.

0.0% - 0.5%: Gladiator
    0.5% - 3%: Duelist
    3% - 10%: Rival
    10% - 35%: Challenger
    Touché. I did not actually bring into account, the stupid state the game-balance was in, in the beginning with Hunter-pets in Stampede ignoring resillience and working like a lay-on-hands (spirit pet mending). Fair enough, I agree, any idiot warrior/hunter/x would've gotten 2200 at that point.

But I hope Monk wont be faceroll-easy. It's my main class, and I see it as being one of the melee-classes with higher-skillcap. Don't want scrubs swarming it on high rating.

Also, I doubt they'll re-invent Stampede for 5.2. It seems to be more about utility improvements and nerfing what's too strong.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 04:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    No one is 2700 atm.
    Rating is harder to get this season, so your point is invalid.
    Glad will be 2400 this season, just like last season the cut off on BG9 was 2450.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/ti...3v3/stop%20it/ <-- Talb's team. @ 2690 (aka. 2700). My point is valid.