10+ Year Old Account

High ms shown on quartz low ms shown from wow

When i cast a spell quartz will show ms from 200-400 on my cast bar but wow shows im at 60-70 ms.

Why is this??

Ive been lagging for a good 3 weeks.

I don't know why but that is pretty much how it has always been for me, 20ms in game and the castbar says 150-200. Doesn't lag for me though.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Game client shows long time average latency, quartz shows current latency including temporary spikes that would be averaged out.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

If you have an unstable connection(eg. latency spikes from 20 to 200 all the time), then Quartz will show the latency that you have at the start of the cast. Where WoW shows the average latency you have.

This is why you shouldn't be downloading/watching videos/streams while playing if you want the best performance, since your latency can spike if your ISP can't handle much bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    If you have an unstable connection(eg. latency spikes from 20 to 200 all the time), then Quartz will show the latency that you have at the start of the cast. Where WoW shows the average latency you have.

This is why you shouldn't be downloading/watching videos/streams while playing if you want the best performance, since your latency can spike if your ISP can't handle much bandwidth.
    This might be the case for OP but it surely isn't for me. It has always been like this for me and I'm on 100Mbit fiber and I live about a 10min car ride away from where the server is hosted.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    This might be the case for OP but it surely isn't for me. It has always been like this for me and I'm on 100Mbit fiber and I live about a 10min car ride away from where the server is hosted.
    Might be an issue with the ISP not having good connection to where ever Blizz servers are. Or that the line is just shared with the neighbourhood thus causing slight Latency fluctuation. It just always isn't as simple as "Cord from my house to ISP servers", issue can be found on the structure of the ISP servers which cause these issues.