Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Do you realize Blizzard hasnt stated the final price of the legendary questline is a weapon?

I could be wrong ( i use to) but as far as i can remember official word about legendary always focus on the term "item".

The rest is community speculation and I know if they end up giving us a ...I dont know,legendary trinket some will feel cheated.

We got a legendary gem,then a legendary metagem...Im gonna laugh my ass off if the final price is a legendary bag of 36 slots or a legenday tabard with an on use that animates a little Thrall dancing polka.

No,really...is there anything more than thin air that suggest we are gonna get a weapon? any blue or any hint?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Or they just host their own event, and not use a Con. Couple years back the GM of Chinese operations leaked their release schedule (and was fired for it), and excepting a couple delays, it has been accurate, and it lists Q4'13 for WoW x5, adding in the delay they had on MoP's release, it pushes it to Q1, but I expect the 6.0 patch early to counter Elder Scrolls Online to stop bleeding over the Winter Break.

Still Q4,Q1,Q2, point is we are not getting 2 more raid tiers after 5.2, just 1.
    Another event beside Blizzcon?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    Do you realize Blizzard hasnt stated the final price of the legendary questline is a weapon?

I could be wrong ( i use to) but as far as i can remember official word about legendary always focus on the term "item".

The rest is community speculation and I know if they end up giving us a ...I dont know,legendary trinket some will feel cheated.

We got a legendary gem,then a legendary metagem...Im gonna laugh my ass off if the final price is a legendary bag of 36 slots or a legenday tabard with an on use that animates a little Thrall dancing polka.

No,really...is there anything more than thin air that suggest we are gonna get a weapon? any blue or any hint?
    Back in beta an item existed called Breath of the Black Prince. Its purpose was to purify a sha-touched weapon.

It could be we finally get the breath in 5.4 at the end of the legendary chain. And then Wrathion tells us to return to our faction and prepare for the Siege (coming in 5.6).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    There won't be a 5.6 though, since 5.4 will be the last tier patch before 6.0.

Going on Blizzard's previous patches, leaked timeline, and stated goals: End of Feb 5.2 Tier and Arena Season; End of May 5.3 Quests and possible ilvl NPC; End of August 5.4 Tier and Arena Season; End of December Patch 6.0.
    Dude, they aren't releasing a new expansion a year after the previous one. They are just announcing it at BlizzCon 2013 (probably October). 5.2 will last 6 months, then 5.3 will be this summer and last another 4 months, then the final raid will be around September/October then it'll be 12 months of nothing through 2014 while they move all the devs to the new expansion which will be released in late 2014 (Sep-Dec).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Dude, they aren't releasing a new expansion a year after the previous one. They are just announcing it at BlizzCon 2013 (probably October). 5.2 will last 6 months, then 5.3 will be this summer and last another 4 months, then the final raid will be around September/October then it'll be 12 months of nothing through 2014 while they move all the devs to the new expansion which will be released in late 2014 (Sep-Dec).
    Assuming Blizz wants more than 6 million players for Expansion V, they'd add a fourth tier in that scenario.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Assuming Blizz wants more than 6 million players for Expansion V, they'd add a fourth tier in that scenario.
    Where is the sense in that? If they add more tiers then it'll take longer for the next xpac to come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Where is the sense in that? If they add more tiers then it'll take longer for the next xpac to come out.
    We saw in DS that after about month 6 people start to drop out of the game en masse. It doesn't matter if they're not 8/8H, 6 months of running the same raid and 5-mans is 6 months of running the same raid and 5-mans.

People are already idling their accounts after a few months of MoP. LFR has made it even more mandatory that Blizz produce content faster because people now run the same raid 6 times a week instead of 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    We saw in DS that after about month 6 people start to drop out of the game en masse. It doesn't matter if they're not 8/8H, 6 months of running the same raid and 5-mans is 6 months of running the same raid and 5-mans.

People are already idling their accounts after a few months of MoP. LFR has made it even more mandatory that Blizz produce content faster because people now run the same raid 6 times a week instead of 3.
    So there should not be a long period of time between the last tier of the xpac and the new xpac. Why do we need 4 tiers for that? WotLK had 4 tiers and it was one year between ICC and the release of Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    The timeframe between expansions will shrink considerably, as it has done so for the last 2. Anyone's guess, but mine is that 6.0 can be as late as next summer, but not later.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I'm still not sure why people thought there would be 6 content patches. 3 raid tiers per expansion is more than enough and we are even getting 2 minor content patches as well.

Can't help but wonder whats the point of having legendary items if everyone and their mom is going to have it anyway.

Gonna make raid drops boring too, at least weapon wise but ohwell.

By the looks of it i'll be having it on 3 alts hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Can't help but wonder whats the point of having legendary items if everyone and their mom is going to have it anyway.
    This quest chain is quite a time investment, and people who would start this quest chain in 5.2 will doubtfully get legendary before end of expansion (and in next expansion it will be replaced within couple weeks anyway, sadly).

Imho it's good step, as RNG-based drops don't really work, and there should be emphasis on personal investment rather on someone deciding who will be next in legendary questline - less drama.

If you will have it on 3 alts - it means they are all lv90 and you grinded all those steps, which is... well... not really healthy, sry XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    I thought it was obvious that Siege of Orgrimmar would be in 5.6
    Can't imagine why you'd think that. Certainly not that it would be obvious, given the direction the game went with Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Can't imagine why you'd think that. Certainly not that it would be obvious, given the direction the game went with Cataclysm.
    That's why it's obviously 5.6 and obviously 5.4. It depends on if you think Blizz would pull another DS or would avoid another DS like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I'm pretty sure we will acquire the legendary at the end of the next tier (5.4), making it BiS for the Orgrimmar raid (5.5 / 5.6). Otherwise, what was the point? Plus it makes sense to have 2 more tiers to fill the gap until the next expansion, 1 more tier just won't cut it.
    What was the point? It was carrot on the end of the very long stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    The timeframe between expansions will shrink considerably, as it has done so for the last 2. Anyone's guess, but mine is that 6.0 can be as late as next summer, but not later.
    The time between expansions has not shrunk considerably, there was a couple of months difference between the length of Cata and Wrath and had it not been for the loss of several million subs we would, most likely, have still been tickling Deathwing's toes for a few months longer.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-02-13 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    What was the point? It was carrot on the end of the very long stick.

The time between expansions has not shrunk considerably, there was a couple of months difference between the length of Cata and Wrath and had it not been for the loss of several million subs we would, most likely, have still been tickling Deathwing's toes for a few months longer.

Classic - Nov 2004 - Jan 2007 - 26 months~
    TBC - Jan 2007 - Nov 2008 - 22 months~ down
    WotLK - Nov 2008 - Dec 2010 - 24 months~ up
    Cata - Dec 2010 - Sep 2012 - 20 months~ down
    MoP - Sep 2012 - ??? 2014

I'd say a few months is better than nothing. Probably in terms of development is a considerable shrinkage.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could very well see 5.4 being the last patch, them announcing the new xpac at blizzcon, the only thing is that the release schedule is a bit off...Even if we have 5.4 in august..Okay so a 6 month wait from 5.4 --> the new xpac is NOT bad. If they announced it at blizzcon, released 6.0 in jan and the new xpac in feb..

They always say they want content faster and faster. The thing is so far it's been fast and quality..I wonder how the new xpac is going. They are creating an xpac behind the scenes, they always are. However if they have only like 1 1/2 years to make it will it have as much content as every other xpac? I'm thinking yes. It would be a good idea to release content this fast (some say a bad) however 6 months in the last raid of the xpac is a good time-frame.

This would honestly keep a lot more people involved in the game and would show that blizzard wants the game to thrive by conterminously adding xpacs at a faster rate. They realized wotlk and cata time-frames sucked and they want to fix it.