Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So looks like 5.4 is Siege of Org

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    As we’re all aware, Wrathion, the Black Prince, using his voodoo crystal ball of Black Dragonflight future-sight has determined Azeroth is headed for (more?) doom and despair. To help solve this problem he wants to give you a Legendary item, but only after you’ve gone around terrorizing the world and killing a bunch of people. Fishy. Over the course of each patch he gives you some tasks for new toys, ultimately leading to your very own Legendary item in (presumably) patch 5.4.
    If there was going to be a 5.6, I doubt Blizz would single out 5.4 as when you get your big prize from Wrathion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or your major prize could be to get you into 5.6. After all, we got our legendary in Firelands but still had DS to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we were kinda expecting it (or I was at least) but this confirms it. It says nothing about what will be in 5.3 or if there's going to be content after 5.4 of course. But on the whole this should mean we'll see SoO in 5.4 and that point should realisticly be some 6-8 months out.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post

If there was going to be a 5.6, I doubt Blizz would single out 5.4 as when you get your big prize from Wrathion.
    Ulduar gave us a legendary before the end of Wotlk (yes there was shadowmourne in ICC as well). Black temple gave us a legendary before sunwell (yes there was a bow in sunwell also). Cata gave us the staff thingee in firelands (yes there was daggers in DS as well). Vanilla gave us Hand of rags, thunder fury etc before the end of vanilla (yes there was atiesh in naxx). So its not garranteed that getting a legendary will mean the final raid of the expansion, the trend seems to suggest otherwise. That said I do think 5.4 will be SoO, who knows if there will be a 5.6 that leads into the next expansion.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The key there is "in (presumably) 5.4."

They aren't confirming, nor are they denying. Which, given Blizz's history tends to go either way. They always deny things that aren't true, and always deny things that are true but they aren't ready to reveal.

Could also mean they're debating if they want a filler raid still...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Or your major prize could be to get you into 5.6. After all, we got our legendary in Firelands but still had DS to do.
    There won't be a 5.6 though, since 5.4 will be the last tier patch before 6.0.

Going on Blizzard's previous patches, leaked timeline, and stated goals: End of Feb 5.2 Tier and Arena Season; End of May 5.3 Quests and possible ilvl NPC; End of August 5.4 Tier and Arena Season; End of December Patch 6.0.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post

Going on Blizzard's previous patches, leaked timeline, and stated goals: End of Feb 5.2 Tier and Arena Season; End of May 5.3 Quests and possible ilvl NPC; End of August 5.4 Tier and Arena Season; End of December Patch 6.0.
    Source?

The the trends that legendaries have had over EVERY other expansion, I expect there to be more content either before or after SoO.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Previous patches don't tell you that, or rather don't fit with that time frame. Also Blizzard's stated goals mean very little as ever since the first expansion they've been saying they want to churn them out faster and they still haven't managed it. We will most definitely not see the next expansion nor the precursor patch for it this year. Middle of next year at the absolute earliest unless they're switching over to the EverQuest model of giving players 1 month of hype time after the announcement.

10+ Year Old Account

You realize that means we'd see Expansion V in Janurary 2014?

With Blizzcon coming in October most likely, that means Blizz would have to reveal Expansion V at E3. They haven't gone to E3 for 5 (3?) years.

5.4 could very well be the Siege of Org. Infact I would be willing to bet on it. However, we could still see a patch 5.5 or 5.6 in the same way we saw the Sunwell in Bc.

I mean think about it. One of the first things we see when we talk to Wrathion is Infernals crashing into Azeroth from space and him talking about a "greater threat" to Azeroth that is larger than the Horde or the Alliance.

Now look at what Blizzard said here,

"Wrathion, the Black Prince, using his voodoo crystal ball of Black Dragonflight future-sight has determined Azeroth is headed for (more?) doom and despair"
    "To help solve this problem he wants to give you a Legendary item, but only after you’ve gone around terrorizing the world and killing a bunch of people. Fishy. Over the course of each patch he gives you some tasks for new toys, ultimately leading to your very own Legendary item in (presumably) patch 5.4."
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2013-02-12 at 04:47 AM.

I just dont know what COULD come before siege of Org. Whatever storyline that leads to the eventual splintering of the horde can easily be done in 5.3, but can't really be visited in a raid. Not saying its not a possiblity, but the whole reason hes giving the legendary is to give you power in order to quickly end the war on Azeroth. Giving it to you after you have already defeated Garrosh seems silly. But then again they did the same thing with Shadowmourne and the Lich King.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    Geif moar legendairys NAO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    You realize that means we'd see Expansion V in Janurary 2014?

With Blizzcon coming in October most likely, that means Blizz would have to reveal Expansion V at E3. They haven't gone to E3 for 5 (3?) years.
    Or they just host their own event, and not use a Con. Couple years back the GM of Chinese operations leaked their release schedule (and was fired for it), and excepting a couple delays, it has been accurate, and it lists Q4'13 for WoW x5, adding in the delay they had on MoP's release, it pushes it to Q1, but I expect the 6.0 patch early to counter Elder Scrolls Online to stop bleeding over the Winter Break.

Still Q4,Q1,Q2, point is we are not getting 2 more raid tiers after 5.2, just 1.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

If they keep the rate of patches and 5.4 comes out 5 months after 5.2 its gona stick around for over 1 year cause theres no way in the world theyre bringing another xpac as soon as 1 year after Pandaria, so they better have somethign to ccome after Siege (in case Siege is 5.4) or before it or we gona have another Icc/Ds situation, probably even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they just host their own event, and not use a Con. Couple years back the GM of Chinese operations leaked their release schedule (and was fired for it), and excepting a couple delays, it has been accurate, and it lists Q4'13 for WoW x5, adding in the delay they had on MoP's release, it pushes it to Q1, but I expect the 6.0 patch early to counter Elder Scrolls Online to stop bleeding over the Winter Break.

Still Q4,Q1,Q2, point is we are not getting 2 more raid tiers after 5.2, just 1.
    When did that slate MoP for originally? Hang on, let me do some research into this...

There's the problem. MoP was slated for 1.5-years after Cata, but got pushed to 1 year 9 months. You're assuming Expansion V won't get a similar push back. I'm assuming 1 year 9 months is about the minimum they can get an expansion to without cutting content.

As I've said before, March is the earliest to expect Expansion V if things go perfect (late summer reveal, immediate start of testing, short testing period). July is the earliest probable month, with September being the absolute latest.

So for me it's Q3 2014. Especially since MoP came out at the very very end of Q3 2012.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    If they keep the rate of patches and 5.4 comes out 5 months after 5.2 its gona stick around for over 1 year cause theres no way in the world theyre bringing another xpac as soon as 1 year after Pandaria, so they better have somethign to ccome after Siege (in case Siege is 5.4) or before it or we gona have another Icc/Ds situation, probably even worse.
    Since Blizz confirmed Siege is the last raid, it'll be more likely before. That's why they prefaced the 5.4 comment with "probably".

Negative. We haven't even gotten an expansion announcement, which means the beta for it is far from ready. I can guarantee we won't have the next expansion until next year, likely Q2 of 2014. There is NO way Blizzard would announce an expansion, give a three month beta and release the game.

That release leak timeline may have been accurate on some things, but not this one. Expansion number 5 will be pushed back from the proposed "timeline".

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    I just dont know what COULD come before siege of Org. Whatever storyline that leads to the eventual splintering of the horde can easily be done in 5.3
    The book "Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde" might fill in some of the gaps. Although Blizzard seem pretty keen to have more major playable events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Except there was a legendary in DS as well.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Why couldn't they bring a xpac at that time? Any reason for it?

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 07:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
    Negative. We haven't even gotten an expansion announcement, which means the beta for it is far from ready. I can guarantee we won't have the next expansion until next year, likely Q2 of 2014. There is NO way Blizzard would announce an expansion, give a three month beta and release the game.

That release leak timeline may have been accurate on some things, but not this one. Expansion number 5 will be pushed back from the proposed "timeline".
    You don't know how far the are in developing the next xpac.