Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Exclamation Do human beings deserve to live on earth?

Do we or don't we?

Are we bad for this planet or not? Do we deserve the right to call this planet our home?
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-02-12 at 04:34 AM.

Evolution seems to think so.

Yeah we do. And if not us who?
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

I don't believe anyone has the authority to determine the answer to this question for the entire human race. We exist here. If anyone thinks we don't deserve to be here, they can go ahead and advance their cause by offing themselves first, but don't expect me to keel over and die just because they think we're a plague or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    You would have to more adequately define "Deserve" in order to get an accurate response. That said.... whether or not humans, or any animals, "Deserve" to live on Earth is a complete and total non sequitur. Humans are the product of the Earth and the evolution of life, so attempting to treat humanity and the Earth as distinct entities with no intrinsic connection simply doesn't work.

idk wtf u mean by deserve
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whether we do is neither here nor there. Though we did not choose to be of Earth, it would seem that we are here to stay. If you approach this planet with hostile intent, know this: We will defend ourselves. We will defend humanity. We will defend... our home.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Ooooouuuh this thread is perfect for me.

The simple answer is NO. The notion that any creature somehow innately "deserves" anything is wrong to me.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Ofcourse we do. We wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case.

However, It is up to us as an Intelligent species to make sure we don't mess up the planet due to our own carelessness.

Obviously or we wouldn't be here. Survival of the fittest and smartest, and we came out on top.

Lets not make this into a religion / evolution thread ya? We don't treat our Earth very well, but we do deserve it.

Aveline's amazing work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares if we do or not? What's gonna stop us? The little critters gonna make an army to drive us to extinction?

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post

The simple answer is NO. The notion that any creature somehow innately "deserves" anything is wrong to me.
    Tree hugging hippy :P

Evolution (NOT GOD) put us here as the dominant species on this planet, so we are just as much deserving of it than any other species.

That said, are we treating our planet with enough respect? No

10+ Year Old Account
    In a religious sense, we were given the planet to live on and therefore it doesn't matter whether we deserve to or not (we don't but God’s grace, mercy, and so forth).

In a secular sense, we took it. It’s ours. Who cares whether we deserve it or not. You can pry it from our cold dead hands if you want it (if you can kill us before we nuke it to prevent you from having it instead).

Whether we are "bad" for the planet is meaningless from either perspective.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes sir. Like many other creatures on the planet, we are here to consume everything we can and create a lot of waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    no they do not.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    subjective questions is subjective. youre going to hear a mix of peoples opinions but i highly doubt you will come to a conclusive answer for your question.

that being said, my opinion is no we dont really deserve the planet we live on.

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Ofcourse we do. We wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case.
    Just because you were born some place doesn't mean you deserve it, at all. By that logic people born in opulent situations somehow deserve to have better lives while those born into hardship deserve to suffer. I resent that completely.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post

Then we certainly don't deserve to not be on earth then either, yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    We came from the Earth, so really the Earth choose to have us, it's not really a case of deserve as much a case it's where we came from.

Deserve is such a loaded word.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    We came from the Earth, so really the Earth choose to have us, it's not really a case of deserve as much a case it's where we came from.

Deserve is such a loaded word.
    wasn't the earth impregnated by a comet bearing life forms. at least thats what i heard last.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.