Thread: Kha'Zix Jungle

Kha'Zix Jungle

I have been playing Kha'Zix in the jungle lately but i cant seem to get it quite right. Im having trouble with not only a build order, but what to evolve first at 6. I have tinkered with evolving either Taste Their Fear or Leap at 6 for the purpose of stronger ganks, but neither seem to work well. I dont really build him with much durability as i play as more of an assassin. Any suggestions will help.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorad View Post
    I have been playing Kha'Zix in the jungle lately but i cant seem to get it quite right. Im having trouble with not only a build order, but what to evolve first at 6. I have tinkered with evolving either Taste Their Fear or Leap at 6 for the purpose of stronger ganks, but neither seem to work well. I dont really build him with much durability as i play as more of an assassin. Any suggestions will help.
    Most lanes ignore the Q, and go for the utility/brawling ability of W/E/R (I believe in that order), but evolving Q first helps a lot in jungle (I ignore R in that case).

Evovling r allows you to soak a lot more damage and get away easier, but evolving Q does an asanine amount of damage.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    I haven't personally tried it yet, but I'm going to go for leveling R->Q->W->E and evolving W->E (these 2 I feel mandatory - in this order) ->R (otherwise you MELT in teamfights, essentially giving you less damage output because you vanish). If you really want to 1-shot a carry, perhaps Q would be better.

Be careful with ganking before level 11, the improved leap is amazing. If you fight a high mobility team, E might outweigh W in evolve due to the increased range.

In the jungle i go w>q>w>e to level 4, then prioritize r>w>q>e. First 2 evolves are w then e and the last is game dependent. For items i usually start machette and 5 pots, upgrade machette on first trip back and buy a vampiric scepter. Rush BT, upgrade the stone to the AD stone and from there its personal prefrence depending on how the game is going. I like getting a GA if im being focused a lot and i also really like attack speed. My $.02

Deleted
    You mean that you play Kha'zix in 1 of 10 games?

If somebody gets that shit, they better get the most of it and put it mid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level W > Q > W > E till level 4. Then, my skill order is R > Q > E > W. Evolve order is W > E > Q or R (usually R).

First two levels in W give you a little extra sustain in the jungle for your first clear. After that you should have no issues. Evolving W helps with ganks since it lets you apply your passive with a ranged skill.

Deleted
    Level 1-3: Q > W > E. Evolve E first, then W. 3 Levels in W for insane clear+sustain, then max R > Q > W > E. Evolve either Q or R last depending on how things are looking; you need more damage, or are you getting blown up as you jump in?

I start Machete > Boots + Madreds > Brutalizer > BT > Warmogs > T2 boots (Mercs/Tabi/Lucidity) > Whatever you need, upgrade cleaver, get LW, Iceborn Gauntlet (I don't feel TF is worth it as you don't get much more damage out of it, and the AE slow + armor is awesome and you still get the Sheen effect).

My full builds usually looks like: Lucidity/Mercs/Tabi, BC, BT, Warmog's, LW, IBG/Sunfire/Hexdrinker/Spirit Visage

I go 21/9/0 (Getting 4/4 in Sorcercy because CDR is amazing on Kha'Zix and you don't need AS), he's an assassin and that's how I play him.

I run x6 ArP reds, x3 AD reds, x9 Armor yellows, x9 MR/Level blues, x3 AD quints -- I wanna try out x9 AD reds and x3 MoveSpeed quints though, as he has awesome ganks and MS is well, an awesome stat for junglers :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    Level 1-3: Q > W > E. Evolve E first, then W. 3 Levels in W for insane clear+sustain, then max R > Q > W > E. Evolve either Q or R last depending on how things are looking; you need more damage, or are you getting blown up as you jump in?

I start Machete > Boots + Madreds > Brutalizer > BT > Warmogs > T2 boots (Mercs/Tabi/Lucidity) > Whatever you need, upgrade cleaver, get LW, Iceborn Gauntlet (I don't feel TF is worth it as you don't get much more damage out of it, and the AE slow + armor is awesome and you still get the Sheen effect).

My full builds usually looks like: Lucidity/Mercs/Tabi, BC, BT, Warmog's, LW, IBG/Sunfire/Hexdrinker/Spirit Visage

I go 21/9/0 (Getting 4/4 in Sorcercy because CDR is amazing on Kha'Zix and you don't need AS), he's an assassin and that's how I play him.

I run x6 ArP reds, x3 AD reds, x9 Armor yellows, x9 MR/Level blues, x3 AD quints -- I wanna try out x9 AD reds and x3 MoveSpeed quints though, as he has awesome ganks and MS is well, an awesome stat for junglers :P
    Why you no Lizard Spirit? It's wicked good on an assassin like Kha'Zix. Much better than Madreds since you spam Q to clear, not AA camps down.

Deleted
    Because you can nearly 1-shot waves with W. Madred's help with the bigger creeps and dragon control. Spirit Stone might be good, haven't tried it; but I doubt I'd upgrade it.

Outside of clearing camps, I don't feel Lizard Elder is worth it on Kha. He has too long cooldowns to constanyl re-apply it outside of Q, which is only single-target. And W only hits the front-line. Not like Vi or Hecarim who can CONSTANTLY apply it to EVERYONE around them.

I'm still trying out Kha though, testing new builds and such.
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-02-13 at 02:45 PM.

You should take Lizard Stone imho. Madred's help with big jungle creeps, true. But Lizard Stone is good for everything else too, because of it's stats and passive true-damage thing.

Deleted
    It's too expensive.

You can only keep the true-damage up nearly 100% of the time with your Q, and it's simply not worth it when it's a single-target ability. W has too big of a cooldown and it'll only apply to the frontline (no one's going to be stacked tanks and squishies unless they're stupid, which is a even more stupid to rely on), Leap has too big a cooldown aswell; ofcourse it can be argued that because of the res-- no, it can't. It'll rely on you getting kills.

The reason it's so good on Vi and Hecabob is because they can have almost 100% uptime on the true-damage in a massive AoE.

The dragon/buff control that Madred's gives is really good for Kha'Zix.

Although I could be completely wrong.
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-02-13 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    It's too expensive.

You can only keep the true-damage up nearly 100% of the time with your Q, and it's simply not worth it when it's a single-target ability. W has too big of a cooldown and it'll only apply to the frontline (no one's going to be stacked tanks and squishies unless they're stupid, which is a even more stupid to rely on), Leap has too big a cooldown aswell; ofcourse it can be argued that because of the res-- no, it can't. It'll rely on you getting kills.

The reason it's so good on Vi and Hecabob is because they can have almost 100% uptime on the true-damage in a massive AoE.

The dragon/buff control that Madred's gives is really good for Kha'Zix.

Although I could be completely wrong.
    Even if you don't go lizard spirit, Spirit Stone is still better than Madreds/Wriggles. It gives him mana regen, which Kha needs if you give up blue, and increases all damage done to jungle camps, including those from your abilities. Golem Spirit is a viable option if you don't want lizard elder, since it gives you the tenacity you would normally get through boots and he can buy something else (I buy Mob boots no matter which path I take).

My Kha build is weird and changes between games depending on how well I'm doing, but I always fit Lizard spirit in somewhere, usually right after I start to give red buff to the ADC.

As for what you should evolve first with Kha'zix while jungling, it really depends on your team composition and on who you're going to gank. If usually evolve Q first unless I'm going to gank bot in which I'll evolve W first for the AoE slow. I don't think evolving E is really a great option unless you wanna jump-in/diving a tower, kill the guy then jump-out before you take too much damage. But it's so situational, and with Q, your ganks are so much stronger, if your laning guy has a slow/CC himself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damaros View Post
    As for what you should evolve first with Kha'zix while jungling, it really depends on your team composition and on who you're going to gank. If usually evolve Q first unless I'm going to gank bot in which I'll evolve W first for the AoE slow. I don't think evolving E is really a great option unless you wanna jump-in/diving a tower, kill the guy then jump-out before you take too much damage. But it's so situational, and with Q, your ganks are so much stronger, if your laning guy has a slow/CC himself.
    Evolving E allows you to reset though and jump in on another person/jump away. It makes Kha'zix very hard to get away from. Just the additional range is so important, let alone the reset.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damaros View Post
    Q Evolve is only good when the target is isolated, so it's usually considered a wasted Evolution. W is the way to go in most cases since it speed up your clear by a ridiculous amount and applies your passive at range, which is awesome for ganks.