Deleted

You shouldn't need a tank to enter a dungeon via group finder awhile leveling

So I just lvled a new char and found out a tank is not necessary, at least not until MoP, all dungeons are easily doable without a tank, so, I know people have to "learn" to tank until max lvl but that's definitely not worth the waiting : you shouldn't need a tank to enter a dungeon that doesn't need a tank, or they could do it so past a certain waiting time you no longer need a tank to enter the dungeon, i've done dozens of dungeons without a tank, in fact, as long as you have a heal and a DPS, they're doable no matter your group, no matter how many you are

If the functionality of a tank was removed from pre-MoP dungeons, how would one engage in the stepping stones to tanking?

I find it hard to take posts serious when the author has "lolz" in his/her name.

OT: Thats probably the worst reason I've ever heard to remove tanks from the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Deleted
    useless post is useless post - you level faster by questing these days anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    So I just lvled a new char and found out a tank is not necessary, at least not until MoP, all dungeons are easily doable without a tank
    Incorrect, this is not what you discovered. You discovered that if you play like an idiot, with a full set of heirlooms, pull everything as dps, especially as a pet class, and have a healer that is awake and keep yourself in combat long enough to not be kicked, you can clear a dungeon.

Never mind the fact that all the dungeons you do this way are completely miserable for the rest of the group, especially the tank and healer.

So, you discovered that it is now easier than ever to be a complete arse in dungeons from levels 15 to 85 and NOT infact that tanks are no longer required as you would have needed them to pop the queue anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    I find it hard to take posts serious when the author has "lolz" in his/her name.

OT: Thats probably the worst reason I've ever heard to remove tanks from the game.
    He never said remove tanks, he said if there is no tank available pre-mop then let dps + healer join without one, considering me as a hunter and a lock just 2 manned our last dungeon it would be nice, seeing as its always just dps waiting in ques.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DCT1080 View Post
    Incorrect, this is not what you discovered. You discovered that if you play like an idiot, with a full set of heirlooms, pull everything as dps, especially as a pet class, and have a healer that is awake and keep yourself in combat long enough to not be kicked, you can clear a dungeon.

Never mind the fact that all the dungeons you do this way are completely miserable for the rest of the group, especially the tank and healer.

So, you discovered that it is now easier than ever to be a complete arse in dungeons from levels 15 to 85 and NOT infact that tanks are no longer required as you would have needed them to pop the queue anyway.
    He didnt say any of that? Pre-mop dungeons are super easy mode, a good tank will speed up a clear but thats it they are by no means required, ive solo'd dungeons on some classes just for fun as it was less tedious than waiting for ques/questing.
    He said if there is no tank available allow dps the option to join with just a healer so they can clear the dungeon.

I don't belive it is possible to do low level dungeons without a tank right now. Every tank I've had so far died in like 4-5 hits even in heirloom gear if not for constant healing.

Edit: at trash that is - bosses were no problem

Deleted
    As a tank I top the damage while leveling up in dungeons, does that mean that we shouldn't need DPS in the group either?

while i agree, you shouldnt need all 3 dps to accept the queue at max lvl to enter a dungeon. its very anoying waiting 20 mins a dps and then 3 times in a row the timer expired while waiting on a dps and being tossed bck into the queue. it anoys me as a tank also even tho they have insta queues

10+ Year Old Account
    The option as tank should always be a main selection point, just like DPS and healers. You don't see me stating that I do so much DPS as a tank, we don't need more dps, just more tanks.

And really, I tend to blame the queues on mostly people not wanting to do anything other than DPS - therefor slowing it down more. Tanking at low level is easy and most dps, side effects are to be in group with some people who you rather see getting killed by mobs than other.

But removing said choice, who would want to be tank of you aren't encouraged to be a tank via low level? You'll just be missing a Tank at MoP and above dungeons then.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2015-01-10 at 01:22 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Then the only solution is to add more one shot mechanics into leveling dungeons, if you are not a tank then you will die at such a stupidly fast speed that you won't be doing anything with tanks or healers.

The amount of poor players nowadays is a direct result of the easy leveling process

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly while I understand you sentiment behind your proposal, I must disagree. Tankless dungeons breeds a very undesirable attitude in players, where cheesing content and not really learning their roles, or the fundamentals of dungeons as they level will be the norm, sure for vet players this isn't a problem, but sadly the game has new players joining all the time still.

I mean I get you're only proposing up until MoP, but you're only thinking of the benefits, not the downsides to all of it. Teaches people bad habits.
    Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
    Signature by Me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    useless post is useless post - you level faster by questing these days anyway.
    Not since WoD, they added new features to dungeon such as side quests that gives bonus exp and clearing a dungeon now gives more exp than before. There's no reason to quest

Quote Originally Posted by Lora Twinblade View Post
    As a tank I top the damage while leveling up in dungeons, does that mean that we shouldn't need DPS in the group either?
    You rarely wait more than 10 minutes for a DPS, but if it had to happen, if there's a tank or a healer available to take the role, then it'd be better to let him enter the group

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The option as tank should always be a main selection point, just like DPS and healers. You don't see me stating that I do so much DPS as a tank, we don't need more dps, just more tanks.

And really, I tend to blame the queues on mostly people not wanting to do anything other than DPS - therefor slowing it down more. Tanking at low level is easy and most dps, side effects are to be in group with some people who you rather see getting killed by mobs than other.

But removing said choice, who would want to be tank of you aren't encouraged to be a tank via low level? You'll just be missing a Tank at MoP and above dungeons then.
    They could add an XP bonus to whoever choses to play tank or heal, without stopping a whole group from entering a dungeon for so long just because there's no tank.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2015-01-11 at 04:57 AM.