Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undethknight View Post
    snap his arm in half? wolves are like 70 pounds max. an adult human should be able to kill a single wolf with his bare hands pretty easily
    Male gray wolves are 90-99 pounds average females run 75-88.

you didnt read why he had to kill them so ill just ignore your ignorance on that. lining them up for the picture was probably proof to the person who hired him and him posing is because hes proud that he was able to get the animals attacking the other mans property. even if you dont agree hopefully you have the capacity to put yourself in his shoes.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 12:53 AM ----------

fair enough. my point still stands i believe. you're arm or hand might get torn up but just be virtue of the fact that all you have to do is roll over ontop of the wolf and crank its neck as hard as you can. dogs and wolves can only bite you. their claws are really not a threat so as long as you have control of the head youre safe.
    edit: i have a BJJ background so establishing full guard just popped into my mind but after reading my post thats not clear at all. if you got a wolf in full guard and controlled the head then i think killing it wouldnt be to difficult. if not you would be able to keep yourself from being hurt to bad until someone can help or it tires out just by staying calm and letting it waste its energy(just like a white belt lol)
    Last edited by undethknight; 2013-02-12 at 06:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Male gray wolves are 90-99 pounds average females run 75-88.
    And I'm 215 lbs. I'm about the same size a 3 female wolves combined or two large males. I'd probably get severely injured from a lone wolf, but it would require nothing more of me than to sit on it.

Deleted
    Well, more and more wolves are being sighted in Denmark (Confirmed wolves that is).
    Wolves tends to avoid humans, so you have nothing to worry about.

It is believed wolves are coming back to Denmark, due to the increased sightings the last few years.
    But, since they haven't existed in in Denmark for the last 200 years or something in that direction, it's pretty impressive they are coming back. It might be the current clima that's the reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    personally i'd go with a greatsword of bearchopping+4 or possibly a poleaxe of bearslaying +4 want to keep that bear far away as possible. maybe even a crossbow+5.
    It was a battle ready '300' replica. I went to the Smoky Mountains on vacation a couple years ago and figured it may come in handy if I run into a bear (took it more for the lolz). Sure enough a black bear crept up on us while we were unpacking our car...grabbed my sword and ran it out of the parking lot. It was one of those moments you talk about "What if" but then it actually happened. =)
    Last edited by Ajax Epic; 2013-02-12 at 07:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever physically play your dog? No ropes or toys, just you with your hands and your dog going ape $^%& trying to do whatever dogs do to have fun. Or have you ever watch american "professional" wrestling? Headlocks.

If a wolf pops up, do that stuff. Just do it seriously and snap his little neck.

Wolves aren't anything to be afraid unless they come in numbers. A single wolf is just a single kick away from major injury or death.

Deleted
    serious question. im american and people arent afraid of wolves here. is there a reason OP sounds so scared of a single wolf?
    You really can't compare the US to Denmark.
    Denmark is not a country full of dangerous wildlife, we have a few small snakes here and there, and that's pretty much it.
    Those snakes can't even kill you, unless you're to dumb to visit a doctor after snake bite.

Quote Originally Posted by MyMarvel View Post
    Never know. Foxes have been reported on the news for doing just that. Ate a month old baby's finger not long ago.
    And vending machines fall on people every year - does that mean you should be afraid of that possibility too?

I can see being alert because of an animal, but being overly afraid isn't something that's good.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    snap his arm in half? wolves are like 70 pounds max. an adult human should be able to kill a single wolf with his bare hands pretty easily
    They can get heavier than that. And do you realize how powerful a wolf's jaws can be?

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    I didn't realize you needed to defend yourself from 10+ dogs. Then line them up in a row. Then pose for a picture. Then upload the picture to the internet.
    Maybe these guys have lost many expensive cattle to wolves and finally got a lucky break and wiped out the pack. Oh wait, that's exactly what happened, according to the poster. Which I believe, because it's actually a real problem in many rural areas.

And he took a picture because, well, he was proud of the work he did. I swear, everything has to be sensationalized to something that it's not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    They can get heavier than that. And do you realize how powerful a wolf's jaws can be?
    Not more powerful than a 200-300 pound human ape shock full on adrenaline going full mental, arms swinging and everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    From norway here and we get wolf sighting every week lols.
    serious question. im american and people arent afraid of wolves here. is there a reason OP sounds so scared of a single wolf?
    You guys need to understand something about us Danes:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Not more powerful than a 200-300 pound human ape shock full on adrenaline going full mental, arms swinging and everything.
    Ever seen a K9 unit hit someone and there trained not to kill a wolf isn't a wolf will end you.

Looks like news in Denmark tries to terrify its citizens just like America's news :P

A solitary wolf spotted somewhere in the country of Denmark has got to be the least of anyone's concerns. You probably have a much greater chance of getting run over by a car.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps but more powerful than a 200 pound guy pissing himself and flailing his arms while crying and closing his eyes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Echelonl View Post
    Looks like news in Denmark tries to terrify its citizens just like America's news :P

A solitary wolf spotted somewhere in the country of Denmark has got to be the least of anyone's concerns. You probably have a much greater chance of getting run over by a car.
    Yeah, but there are hundreds of thousands of cars in Denmark, whereas wolves are supposed to be extinct here. It's news.

Deleted
    Ever seen a K9 unit hit someone and there trained not to kill a wolf isn't a wolf will end you.
    I don't doubt they could cause serious injury or have the means to kill me. But humans aren't exactly physically defenseless either. Now if you just give up and accept that you're going to die, then you will die, it's not harder than that. But if you resist and kick and punch for as long as you are able to, that lone wolf or K9 unit will be FUBAR and you will walk away from the scene, injured, but alive.

Also, if we're going to compare against trained units... Lets compare with a human trained in K1 or a marine. It's not going to favor the odds for poochie that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Perhaps but more powerful than a 200 pound guy pissing himself and flailing his arms while crying and closing his eyes.
    That is however very true. If you aren't mentally strong enough to overcome your fear and fight it then you'll die.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-02-12 at 07:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    You forgot tool use 200-300 lbs apes that can pick up shit with points and throw rocks. Why do you think the smart wolves decided to become dogs. Humans are scary Monsters.

what? k9s arent used to harm subjects. they are used to subdue them or slow them down enough for officers to catch up. if you just send a k9 into a house of crack dealers you're going to have a dead dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    You know how they train K9 units right? They teach the dogs to not fear humans. And that it is ok to attack someone when the command is given. Dogs and wolves would never attack a human unless they had no other choice. Most animal fear humans, we smell like death.