Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by undethknight View Post
    what? k9s arent used to harm subjects. they are used to subdue them or slow them down enough for officers to catch up. if you just send a k9 into a house of crack dealers you're going to have a dead dog.
    The last part made me laugh. I'm so evil xD

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    You forgot tool use 200-300 lbs apes that can pick up shit with points and throw rocks. Why do you think the smart wolves decided to become dogs. Humans are scary Monsters.
    Oh, yeah. I forgot about that small detail. 300lbs monster+branch= a world of hurt.

Uhhh, were I live I see Wolves every few weeks. Are they really that rare in Denmark that you're that scared of them? If so don;t be, they tend to ignore humans, especially a lone wolf.

I'm pretty sure 99% of the people that have posted in this thread have never seen a wolf before besides your local television. Wolves are as tall as great danes and if they stand on thier hind legs will be taller then most humans. These are not huskys or your average dog height. Google a picture of a hunter holding up a wolf if you want to see for yourself. On all fours they come up the waist of a 5'-6' human. Lmao of people saying that they will shy away from humans thats a lie and a fairy tale if i've ever heard one. Wolves yes are pack animals but they see anyting as food. they will attack bears and will take a human if they want to. I have been around them and have been stalked by a wolf while hiking in the mountains of Idaho. Wolves paws are as big as a small adult human hand. never treat a wolf lightly. Google a picture of a hunter holding up a wolf if you want to see for yourself.

Anyone that thinks they can scare a wolf off by waving theirs hands doesn't realize that the wolves 4 friends are sneaking up behind you as he lures your attention from them.
    Last edited by Icefalcon28; 2013-02-12 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    You guys need to understand something about us Danes:

It's funny because it's true! Shape up Denmark, a wild animal or two is nothing to freak out about.

i know you've gotten your information from game of thrones but you need a reality check lol
    Edit to show how wrong you are. the wolves feet are off he ground and his head isnt above the humans. looks like a 90ish pound animal to me.
    double edit: also congratz on getting 5 pages into a thread without realizing we are talking about a single wolf. if you dont think you can kill a single 90 pound wolf then you need a self confidence booster.
    Last edited by undethknight; 2013-02-12 at 07:40 AM.

i know you've gotten your information from game of thrones but you need a reality check lol
    Edit to show how wrong you are. the wolves feet are off he ground and his head isnt above the humans. looks like a 90ish pound animal to me.
    Wolves really aren't as scary as you make them out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    They can get heavier than that. And do you realize how powerful a wolf's jaws can be?
    quote for truth right here. i wolves jaws can break through an elks femur. Which is larger and stronger then a humans femur. Can you break a humans femur with your bare hands? maybe if you curb stomp it a couple times. Wolves are quicker then humans by a vast majority and although humans have their greatest weapon 'a brain' wolves claws and teeth are a lot more deadlier. Even with a gun if a human got caught out in the wild with a wolf pack, the wolves will win. A lone wolf has a high chance of succeeding if its in a forest, open terrain is the only chance a human has that can see it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRoe View Post
    It's funny because it's true! Shape up Denmark, a wild animal or two is nothing to freak out about.
    i wish this was my country's stereotype lol its not even that bad!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Jakken View Post
    Wolves really aren't as scary as you make them out to be.
    This one certainly ain't

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon28 View Post
    I'm pretty sure 99% of the people that have posted in this thread have never seen a wolf before besides your local television. Wolves are as tall as great danes and if they stand on thier hind legs will be taller then most humans. These are not huskys or your average dog height. Google a picture of a hunter holding up a wolf if you want to see for yourself. On all fours they come up the waist of a 5'-6' human. Lmao of people saying that they will shy away from humans thats a lie and a fairy tale if i've ever heard one. Wolves yes are pack animals but they see anyting as food. they will attack bears and will take a human if they want to. I have been around them and have been stalked by a wolf while hiking in the mountains of Idaho. Wolves paws are as big as a small adult human hand. never treat a wolf lightly. Google a picture of a hunter holding up a wolf if you want to see for yourself.

Anyone that thinks they can scare a wolf off by waving theirs hands doesn't realize that the wolves 4 friends are sneaking up behind you as he lures your attention from them.
    For starters depends on the breed of Wolf, the typical Grey wolf which is the only sort in Europe is around 90lbs thinly built and not much bigger than a German Shepard. Captive wolfs which are raised by humans can weight much more, and ironically if you mix a wolf and domestic dog the hybrid will be twice as big as a normal wolf, approaching the physical size of a Great Dane. The only Natural wolf ever that large was the Dire wolf which has been gone for around 10k years.

double edit: also congratz on getting 5 pages into a thread without realizing we are talking about a single wolf. if you dont think you can kill a single 90 pound wolf then you need a self confidence booster.
    For starters its legs are not extended and though they might be off the ground they aren't by much and its tail is touching the ground. Its neck is also slouched. Its fore arm is almost as long as that mans forearm so its legs are almost as long as this mans arms. The man is barely able to get his arms around the wolfes chest. make that shape yourself to get a feel of how big that body is, its roughly the thickness of a human body.

these animals are made to take down elk and deer and if they can take those down they can take a human easly. Do you think your scarier then an antler filled elk or deer? humans and their plushy bodies with no protective hides.... keep dreaming that you are actually scary in the sight of most major predators.
    Last edited by Icefalcon28; 2013-02-12 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Well this doesn't make me any less happy about this situation! I dont want my dog in danger and i cant even touch the wolf to make it fuck off, because it would be illegal to harm it in any way!
    Unless your country is batshit insane (which I doubt, because Denmark is awesome) it won't be illegal to defend yourself from a wolf.

Deleted
    quote for truth right here. i wolves jaws can break through an elks femur. Which is larger and stronger then a humans femur. Can you break a humans femur with your bare hands? maybe if you curb stomp it a couple times. Wolves are quicker then humans by a vast majority and although humans have their greatest weapon 'a brain' wolves claws and teeth are a lot more deadlier. Even with a gun if a human got caught out in the wild with a wolf pack, the wolves will win. A lone wolf has a high chance of succeeding if its in a forest, open terrain is the only chance a human has that can see it coming.
    A lone wolf has a minuscule chance if any to kill a full grown human male or big human female. It's like saying *A house cat can kill a 50lbs mastiff because it's faster and it has claws* it wont happen unless said mastiff is seriously mentally incapable of hurting another being or very very very very (more emphasis on very) sick and weak. Wolfs aren't ambush predators either. They'll run at you and bite you then run off again, rinse repeat. You'll bleed and when you're so weak you can't lift your own weight they'll come in and eat you alive. They wont dare to do it before because they aren't stupid. They wont risk injury or death when it's avoidable.

Also, this tactic only works when in a pack. They'll run around you and confuse you, you can't pick a target and they take that to their advantage and attack your blind side. Wolves are very intelligent hunters and only a young wolf would be stupid enough to attack any prey head-on and/or alone. A lone human doesn't have a chance in hell against a pack, that isn't even arguable. It would be pure luck if you survive an attack from a 5-6+ individual large wolf pack. There are a few animals that are truly dangerous even when alone, these animals are often herbivorous and very large ones at that. Elk, deer, wild horse, buffalo etc. Those are the ones you should fear when you're out in the wilderness alone, not a pesky young wolf straying from its pack.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-02-12 at 08:07 AM.

For starters its legs are not extended and though they might be off the ground they aren't by much. Its neck is also slouched. Its fore arm is almost as long as that mans forearm so its legs are almost as long as this mans arms. The man is barely able to get his arms around the wolfes chest. make that shape yourself to get a feel of how big that body is, its roughly the thickness of a human body.
    Literally looks exactly like a german shepherd, size wise.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    This one certainly ain't
    It's adorable.

In my town we have a pack of about 20 living on the outskirts. I see them fairly often on my drive to work, the pack has been there for 17 years and not once have they attacked a human, they get fed plenty by all of the deer on their way to the town which love to eat our gardens. This si also why they haven't moved on. The Deer pretty much line up to be eaten for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have an alligator in my back yard, wtf are you scared of a wolf for?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    For starters its legs are not extended and though they might be off the ground they aren't by much and its tail is touching the ground. Its neck is also slouched. Its fore arm is almost as long as that mans forearm so its legs are almost as long as this mans arms. The man is barely able to get his arms around the wolfes chest. make that shape yourself to get a feel of how big that body is, its roughly the thickness of a human body.

these animals are made to take down elk and deer and if they can take those down they can take a human easly. Do you think your scarier then an antler filled elk or deer? humans and their plushy bodies with no protective hides.... keep dreaming that you are actually scary in the sight of most major predators.
    Once again lots of factors, but when you look at a wolf in captivity, you will understand the nature of these animals. I have some friends in the Big Bear area that have a Wolf Rescue. The Natural Wolves are large like a big dog, but they are not Great Dane Large.

They are also naturally afraid of humans, but in a pack they hunt what scares them. Humans are the only animal that hunts the hunters regularly.

Also I should point out if you live in an area with Wolves always take a weapon when going in to an area you might encounter a wolf. Also get a large dog and learn to rough house with it. It may sound crazy but an unarmed human if they are trained can beat a small pack of wolves, but it requires being meaner and smarter then they are. Which is not as easy as it sounds.

---
    oops forgot to put a Great Dane picture in.

---
    edit 2:

Looking for size charts for comparison here is a nice one of all the current wolves. http://th05.deviantart.net/fs46/PRE/...by_tanathe.jpg
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2013-02-12 at 08:46 AM.

yes i do think i am more dangerous then an elk. i have opposable thumbs and a huge brain.

Deleted
    yes i do think i am more dangerous then an elk. i have opposable thumbs and a huge brain.
    You have clearly not encountered a pissed off elk. It battled my dads old Sierra on the highway, the sierra lost. :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, look at the nice old man giving the wolf a big hug!

He's giving him a hug, right? :|
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow