Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    All I got from that was:

- 'Free Rocket Boots for all' (Legacy level 1?).

- Confusing: 'Once you've hit level 10 and unlocked your legacy...' ????

- Omg, an Ubrikkian speeder with a Krayt skull slapped on the front???

Excuse the grumpiness, everyone in the family down with the flu.
    I'm having a hard time understanding this part. Free Rocket boots at Legacy 10? The "privilege" to buy Boots+Speeder Cartel pack for money at level 10? Speeder is separate thing from Boots? Wha???

10+ Year Old Account
    This video is shit. No offense, and they need to stop putting developers on videos, it looks awkward.
    Off topic : WildStar looks promising , but i'll judge it when we have more information/videos and beta starts rolling . For now my Sci Fi MMO needs are with FireFall =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrus View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding this part. Free Rocket boots at Legacy 10? The "privilege" to buy Boots+Speeder Cartel pack for money at level 10? Speeder is separate thing from Boots? Wha???
    The guy mispoke.

Now, once you unlock legacy you unlock the boots free of charge. Legacy level 1 is required. To upgrade the boots you have to pay though. Retroactive.

The speeder in the example is from the newcomer bundle I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    WildStar is about the only thing on my radar at this point, MMORPG-wise.

Get a kind of Wild West, Sci-fi, Firefly, Comedy, vibe from it which feels refreshingly different. Well, so far at least.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    The guy mispoke.

Now, once you unlock legacy you unlock the boots free of charge. Legacy level 1 is required. To upgrade the boots you have to pay though. Retroactive.

The speeder in the example is from the newcomer bundle I believe.
    He specifically said something about Legacy level 10 though hmm. Well, we'll find out todqy. I sure as hell wouldn't mind free rocket boots. Playing my Inq now and I would use them between Force Speed cooldown hehe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrus View Post
    He specifically said something about Legacy level 10 though hmm.
    Yup, that's the part where he misspoke. From what I see ingame, the boots are free to all who get Legacy level 1 (post chapter 1). The guy says to go 'under perks' but instead you'll find the boots under 'other' in the Legacy page (default key Y).

Deleted
    Yup, that's the part where he misspoke. From what I see ingame, the boots are free to all who get Legacy level 1 (post chapter 1). The guy says to go 'under perks' but instead you'll find the boots under 'other' in the Legacy page (default key Y).
    Havn't logged in yet, that means I got teh free boots? Bad news for all who spent 2 million on them already though lol. What abut the speeder part? Didn't get that part at all and there's nothing about that or the boots in patch notes

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about Wildstar (not my visual cuppa) but Star Citizen will be my next MMO and Titan (if it turns out to be sci-fi).

I'll stay with TOR but if no sandbox elements are introduced there is only so much themepark I can stomach before I crave for some complex content that engages me fully. I completely enjoy TOR's raiding experience with my guild but again, that will only keep me so long.

My old friends from SWG are planning on going to TESO but I can afford to wait and see on that one (again, I prefer Sci-Fi),
    Archeage is supposed to be pretty sandbox, but it's fantasy and a little Korean. Not that it's a problem, but some people don't like it. I think I am kinda getting tired of fantasy MMOs myself, so it's going to be hard to even look at TESO. It seems like a lesser quality Rift forced into that world's lore right now.

Wildstar will not be for everyone just on looks. I thought I was movnig towards more dark and serious aesthetic myself since I've been playing Rift. Even SWTOR to me was a little bit of a step up in the maturity direction for the aesthetic, but not so over the top like TSW and Rift.

I guess it just proves I'm not really out for the looks, just want a good game. At this point I think I want a good Sci Fi game. I'm even playing Firefall just because it's free and not fantasy anymore. It's actually solid, though I'm not a huge fan of MMOFPS games.

I think a modernized SWG would have been the perfect game for me right now, if it was F2P with a very engaging cash shop.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    seeing companies make amaznig F2P/B2P models that work(tera, gw2) makes me a firm believer in the free revolution.
    Vive La Freevolution!
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-02-12 at 05:19 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Demand for the packs? I seriously doubt anybody desperately wants to spend money on randomly generated virtual crap. What some people will spend money (and a lot of it) on, is the infinitesimal chance getting some virtual crap hyped as cool: Nihilus' mask and whatnot.
    If people are spending money on a good or service, that's called demand. So if people are buying the random packs, mind you it doesn't matter why they are purchasing them as the market doesn't give a fuck, that means they are contributing to the demand. If there wasn't a demand, we wouldn't see new ones come out so frequently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    If there wasn't a demand, we wouldn't see new ones come out so frequently.
    Exactly. Kinda why part of my original post was to implore people to not purchase these with cash and to just scoop them off the GTN. Until the devs, or more likely EA, get the message that people won't pay unless real and meaningful content is focused on they will continue to push fluff to no end.

I realize they are staying fairly true to their content schedule, but anyone being honest about the situation can tell exactly where their priorities are right now. How impacting the Gree and Rep changes will affect the quality of the game remains to be seen, but it's honestly not enough to make up for the dearth of content the game has had.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    How impacting the Gree and Rep changes will affect the quality of the game remains to be seen, but it's honestly not enough to make up for the dearth of content the game has had.
    man i just looked at all the vendors for the rep missions and all they are is adaptive gear no stat gear but at least they are putting new adaptive gear in game purchasable INGAME

the Gree skins look like Tron gone viral... the Voss are some Jedi krap the section x is a complete Columi trooper reskin and the space skin looks like a BH getup and that I am a repub looking at the Space rep vendor. the NICE thing is that there is a complete setup of legacy weapons for ALL classes but you need to get the purple gree components and that can only be done through the heroic daily until you have nuff rep to get further missions from the Gree vendor 9there is a item in Gree vendor that allows access to further gree missions requires newcomer status) and if you want new comer status grab 3 50s and your good

BW did awesome on the pvp side of things no lag i had a blast and on the vendor side kinda with allowing skin collecting and pets outside of the market. I hope they are adding more stuff to vendors over time but i doubt it

also a downside i did not see any valor being earned for pvp kills in the Ilum area either
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2013-02-12 at 06:33 PM.

He still works there. They fired nearly everbody else though.
    When is the last time you heard anything from him?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by katta View Post
    When is the last time you heard anything from him?
    Last week. He called to tell me he has the money I lent him. Want me to give him your number?

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    If people are spending money on a good or service, that's called demand. So if people are buying the random packs, mind you it doesn't matter why they are purchasing them as the market doesn't give a fuck, that means they are contributing to the demand. If there wasn't a demand, we wouldn't see new ones come out so frequently.
    I suppose you're technically correct, but still. It just doesn't seem right to say there is a "demand" for these boxes, when it's really just the company exploiting people's impulsiveness and lack of responsibility. I do realize that's pretty much the entire basis of the modern economy, but selling the chance at an item, instead of just the item itself, crosses an ethical line in my opinion. It's gambling without any oversight, and really since virtual goods have no actual value, the house always wins - or rather, the gambler always loses.

Then again I also believe the people that buy those boxes are stupid and get what they deserve, but then the rest of us have to suffer for it, as making those boxes becomes almost free money for the developer and they become the focus of the game.

Basically the whole thing sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose you're technically correct, but still.
    Not technically correct, but literally correct.
    the house always wins - or rather, the gambler always loses.
    I dare say that the people who have received each item they were looking for or the credits from auctions to buy what they didn't get disagree with you. They obviously feel they get their value or they wouldn't continue to buy it.
    Then again I also believe the people that buy those boxes are stupid and get what they deserve
    Let's not pass into the judgmental way of thinking. You may not like it and may vocally want to oppose it, which I do as well, but you can't call people stupid for doing what they want with their money. You have no insight into their personal lives to draw such a conclusion.
    but then the rest of us have to suffer for it, as making those boxes becomes almost free money for the developer and they become the focus of the game.
    This however, you have perefctly right. It's unfortunate, but until spending habits are changed it will remain the same. I suggest you take your play to other F2P games who support a much more ethical and fair system. I find myself wanting to throw money at them just for their goodwill.
    BAD WOLF

Last week. He called to tell me he has the money I lent him. Want me to give him your number?
    Sure what is it?

I dont believe if he still worked on SWTOR that we wouldnt hear from him at all. He use to be all over but when is the last time you have seen anything with him relating to SWTOR?

Or you could just make a wize ass remark instead because you cant actually show anything recently.(basically since the rumor of he being fired)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure what is it?

I dont believe if he still worked on SWTOR that we wouldnt hear from him at all. He use to be all over but when is the last time you have seen anything with him relating to SWTOR?

Or you could just make a wize ass remark instead because you cant actually show anything recently.(basically since the rumor of he being fired)

Read that again. Give him your number, not he gives you his number.

Deleted
    Sure what is it?

According to his Linkedin page he's still working at Bioware Austin. Is that 100% fullproof evidence? Nope. Take it or leave it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to be insulting. I'm not sure why you're so angry that he might still work there. Most layoffs of that nature are publicly confirmed and there was never a statement saying he no longer worked there.

Additionally, he released a blog about TFB in Sep 2012, about 4-5 months ago. That was well after the rumors started of him being fired.
    BAD WOLF