Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    "once you hit lvl 10 and unlock your legacy jump into the market and purchase the new comer bundle which gives you a speeder and go into your legacy tree and unlock the rocket boost option" Core Butler

so listening to him for hte last 5 times I an surmize that you ONLY get the rocket boost unlock AFTER purchasing the starter bundle. this is NOT retroactive for all players and is ONLY for those that purchase the starter bundle. and its only rocket boost lvl 1.

this is why those looking for that unlock can not get it i just checked my own legacy and i too have to pay the 2 mil
    Why wasn't this caught on the PTS?
    Oh wait.

But seriously. >_>
    Wtf bioware.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I'm speechless...seriously not a classy thing at all.
    I can't think of the last classy thing that they've done though : P

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I can't think of the last classy thing that they've done though : P
    There was the...
    Oh, that one time..
    Hrmm...oh, I know, it was...

I honestly can't either. It seems every positive has had more negatives attached to it to drag it into the mud. I think the patch that introduced UI changes or the LFG tool was the last straightforward thing that happened. Maybe server merges, because they were needed...but they were like 5 months too late.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Why wasn't this caught on the PTS?
    Oh wait.

But seriously. >_>
    Wtf bioware.
    I doubt any1 is surprised anymore now. We should always expect a "BUT" or "IF" in everything thats seems nice good will gestures in their videos.

So if I got the newcomer pack would I get the rocket boots?

Or because I'm an older player I just get screwed and have to pay a buttload of credits?
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

I could be wrong but wouldn't you need a certain legacy level before you could unlock rocket boots?

In that case, all they did was lowering the required legacy level to 1 after you buy the newcomer bundle which would make any f2p player automatically prefered.

In case they would give them away for free... can I please have the credits back I payed for them originally?

Not understanding the uproar entirely but also didn't watch the video as I'm at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I could be wrong but wouldn't you need a certain legacy level before you could unlock rocket boots?

In that case, all they did was lowering the required legacy level to 1 after you buy the newcomer bundle which would make any f2p player automatically prefered.

In case they would give them away for free... can I please have the credits back I payed for them originally?

Not understanding the uproar entirely but also didn't watch the video as I'm at work.
    Well. Unless they're planning on lowering the cost of the Rocket Boost, I don't see how anyone besides a subscriber would be able to buy them. And who the hell would have $2M creds to throw around if they're a "newcomer". I gotta think that they're giving Rank 1 away for free.

As for your asking for your credits back, it's the same as asking for your money back for purchasing the game to begin with. Or asking for your gold back for buying epic mounts in WoW before the prices got nerfed into the floor. It ain't gonna happen, so you may as well not even let it bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Well. Unless they're planning on lowering the cost of the Rocket Boost, I don't see how anyone besides a subscriber would be able to buy them. And who the hell would have $2M creds to throw around if they're a "newcomer". I gotta think that they're giving Rank 1 away for free.

As for your asking for your credits back, it's the same as asking for your money back for purchasing the game to begin with. Or asking for your gold back for buying epic mounts in WoW before the prices got nerfed into the floor. It ain't gonna happen, so you may as well not even let it bother you.
    I don't mind new people getting stuff for free.... I mind people playing the game before, not putting in the effort to get it and now complain that they aren't getting it for free.

All I'm saying is that I had my speeder at lvl 25 and speed only at lvl 14 in little bit over a year ago which isn't that long ago in MMO terms. How people can get bend all over to not have all the goodies when you start the game is beyond me. Let them make it easier for new people, no problem but why would you need to throw everything at them like there is no morning? F2P people don't need to be able to afford that perk. It has been a luxury perk from the beginning and if Bioware decides to loosen anything on its restrictions... be thankful instead of blaming them for not having it thrown at you as soon as you create your first character.

People ask for longterm goals/ stuff to get beside just PvE/ PvP and in the same time for free luxury perks which was a "goal" at some time in the game.....

I don't mind new people getting stuff for free.... I mind people playing the game before, not putting in the effort to get it and now complain that they aren't getting it for free.
    I don't understand what you're saying here. You don't have a problem with new players who never shelled out $60 for the game or the $15/month to be a subscriber getting Rocket Boost for free, but you DO have a problem with people who did pay for the game, along with the $15/month, not getting it for free? But then you want them to give you your credits back for having paid for it to begin with? Am I missing something or have your last two posts just been a giant contradiction?

@notorious

Some player are furious because of the "wording" Bioware chose which led them to believe that they are getting rocket boots for free.... other player are furious because they aren't getting this perk for free while they had every chance to get it though were too lazy/ not interested in it.

@notorious

Some player are furious because of the "wording" Bioware chose which led them to believe that they are getting rocket boots for free.... other player are furious because they aren't getting this perk for free while they had every chance to get it though were too lazy/ not interested in it.
    That doesn't answer my question about your giant contradiction.

So I finally watched the video... OMG I couldn't stop laughing. Who the F! is this guy? Did they give him a crashcourse in story telling as he changed the tone of his voice several times to sound important?! If that's what Bioware is pulling of with all the money they've got through the Cartel Market then "I have a bad feeling about it"

I don't understand what you're saying here. You don't have a problem with new players who never shelled out $60 for the game or the $15/month to be a subscriber getting Rocket Boost for free, but you DO have a problem with people who did pay for the game, along with the $15/month, not getting it for free?
    @notorious

That doesn't answer my question about your giant contradiction.
    But then you want them to give you your credits back for having paid for it to begin with? Am I missing something or have your last two posts just been a giant contradiction?
    It does contradict itself because you took this statement serious... I wasn't being serious however.