Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

How to solo Kael'thas as a rogue

Hello my rogue sibling's, I want you all to get an ashes of al'ar for your self and all it takes is simple RNG luck and some heroic dungeon gear really. Lets check some requirements -

* Decent gear I would suggest heroic dungeon gear at least
    * 7/31/3 Combat- Take reinforced leather and drop Ruthlessness put 2 into Coupe de grace then finally put 2 into quickening
    * A flask and a pre-pot
    * Patience because RNG is horrible in this solo encounter mainly because pyroblast poops on your face without a CD
    * You must kill both Al'ar and Fel reaver including most of the trash but the astromancers area
    * If you are NOT a human grab a pvp trinket for trinketing both the conflag and Kael's ''conflag''
    - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHJ0-ULDGR8
    This video is pretty much a duplicate of the kael strat as a rogue within these SS's

Axe guy and Blood guy dies directly near the entrance so yes you will walk all the away to the entrance of TK - So aggro the encounter and drag them

Conflag girl comes next - Lure her to the bottom and move to the fel reavers hole

You should be headed to Fel reavers room

Should should die around one of the X's or close to one at least then move back to kael's entrance room you should encounter bomb guy take a few strikes and recuperate/drag

You are now in Kael's ''entrance'' you will kill bomb guy here

Once killed the weapons come after you - Pop evasion and smoke bomb so you can grab every single on them within melee without a problem and cleave/Blade flurry away

Now you've killed the weapons; Now we must deal with all 4

- Bomb guy awakens and as usual kill him, in the end you will cloak the remote toy unless the duration is less then 20 seconds.
    - Conflag girl comes in, This is where you pot and kill her asap. Also put your back to a wall and the arcane burst won't even do a thing to you but annoy you in addition pvp trinket the conflag and kill her asap she is the most dangerous.
    - Fear guy maybe be getting to you with her still alive if that's the case, simply blade flurry off him and kill them both
    - Axe guy comes in, If the bleed dot is stacking as much. Strike him a few and recuperate until the bleed drops
    - Save cloak of shadow's for the first pyroblast, you should be breaking the second after and you can interrupt the second one

And finally kael'thas is self explanatory, time your CD's well all it takes is RNG to be within your favor. So keep Recuperate obviously as much as possible and interrupt as many times as you can. Remember human trinket/pvp trinket out of a Arcane conflag or whatever once he hits 50% It's GG and maybe RNG can reward you the bird

I've been doing this quite a long time and haven't seen that dumb golden bird yet -.- anyway; Good luck all and hopefully this can be helpful!

- Ripsylem's video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNunynFoxKA
    - Gere's video
    youtube.com/watch?v=uUREkAnD0wc

- If you are unable to solo this grab a buddy - > Thanks to constalia
    For those that are wondering and are unable to solo this bad boy, You're able to take in a friend and Still kill him with or Without the staff or dagger, "dagger for breaking MC and staff for making you immune to kael's conflag". What you're able to do is Do Phase 1 -> 4 normaly Untill Kael comes out keep the engineer till last and get him to about 10% and take him to one of the many statue's of Kael on the side," I say the engineer has the toy is rather annoying not to mention you're able to LoS him take him to the feet of Kael. Once your toy is about to wear off kill him and have your friend run to the left around the side this makes you LoS to kael at this point if your friend isnt someone able to wear a staff you're going to need a pvp trinket for this part,Kael Will only MC every 30 seconds not a second more or a second later the only exception to this is while his casting Pyroblast, So you have 20 seconds of Dpsing with your friend 10 seconds of LoSing so you dont get mc'd. Once he hits 50% he will go into P5 and you have no need to LoS him from here on Just make sure you dont get zapped and you have a chance at a very sexy mount, Good luck.

Ps Good luck on your Mount OP you will need it.
    - > Thanks Dardack
    Yea I duo this with a friend basically as soon as we hit 85. I won it in Feb. Kinda easy with dps/heals that can equip staff. The hardest dps part is on the 4 adds, getting them all down before kael comes with conflag/fear/etc. But once that's done, they just hide behind pillar, you "tank" kael on the other side of pillar in range of staff buff. Once he says his yell for MC, friend comes out and can cast dps or heals for like 20 seconds, then pop back behind pillar.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2011-05-24 at 07:42 PM.

Deleted
    Perhaps record and post a video to show how its done ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamacowzie View Post
    Perhaps record and post a video to show how its done ?
    Next week, I'll do that I killed him as soon as I got my new internet!

Edit: This person does exactly what I do with the exception of axe guy dying and blood guy dying at similar places
    The video can also demonstrate this and pretty much is actually the same strategy

- Adding the video

Jeez 21 kaels? guess that's not too long! stupid bird <3 you armory
    Last edited by Resentful; 2011-05-19 at 08:57 AM.

Neat! Im gonna try this later. Btw, im assasination, will this work aswell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcatabeta View Post
    Neat! Im gonna try this later. Btw, im assasination, will this work aswell?
    I would not suggest it, you can not cleave away. Grab a combat weapon and do my spec

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    I would not suggest it, you can not cleave away. Grab a combat weapon and do my spec
    Oh well. Ill farm some conquest points then and get some blades.. Grr.. Everything for that damn mount.

Btw, did you use a long time before you nailed it correctly and had it on farm?

Deleted
    I don't play a rogue, yet, I find this guide amazing!
    Nice job, I hope you'll get Ashes if not already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcatabeta View Post
    Oh well. Ill farm some conquest points then and get some blades.. Grr.. Everything for that damn mount.

Btw, did you use a long time before you nailed it correctly and had it on farm?
    Took about 5-10 tries my first times before I actually got everything in my head correctly but as I stated

It's all RNG base

Really nice, thanks.

If I would be not alone, but with a ~350 geared mage, tactics would be the same, just faster?
    Life is short Glory is eternal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Really nice, thanks.

If I would be not alone, but with a ~350 geared mage, tactics would be the same, just faster?
    Correct BUT you must grab that dagger for the MC phase, you have to dispel your buddy asap so make a macro to switch whenever it's necessary

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, im not really bothered with things like this though.. but GL to anyone whos going for it.

Nice mate,very informative =) I posted in the other rogue soloing thread asking for advice on this fight and it was your reply that helped the most.

I still wasnt successful after two nights of trying this with my druid girlfriend unfortunately though,so im just going to hold back and gear up a bit more before attempting it again.

My advice to any rogue wishing to attempt this is to know in advance that a certain amount of personal dps is required to do it successfully. Primarily for cleaving the weapons down asap before the advisors respawn,and also for nuking capernian (the woman) down extremely quickly because if she gets conflag off a second time after you blow your trinket its generally gameover.

I attempted it in full bloodthirsty pvp gear with conquest daggers to no avail. Combat spec of course =) (thanks for that resentful^^ made life much much easier)

Deleted
    I just tried it once today and something weird happened. When I was running towards the raid entrance and I was in Al'ar room, the first advisor teleported me back to himself (which was still in Kaels room). Unfortunately the room door was already closed and I had to wipe it. Perhaps I was running too fast (popped sprint -> rocket boots -> worgen sprint) and he evaded for some reason.

Which phase do you recommend popping AR on? Weapons or the mage chick?

nice little guide you got :3

now do one for locks please :P

What's that bar on top of your screen called? and good post.

It's threads like this that make me glad I won the ashes, and proceeded to give them to a friend instead.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

:P if u spec right as prot for warriors u can also solo him 2

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmanwalkin View Post
    :P if u spec right as prot for warriors u can also solo him 2
    Referring to Impending Victory and Blood Craze, I assume?

Edit: http://wowtal.com/#k=ItckkOcS.ala.warrior.RX6B5D, for example
    Last edited by Tigercat; 2011-05-19 at 10:24 PM.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.