Poll: If you had the option to choose the Alpha worgen model, would you?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    For the thousandth time no. If you don't like the artistic direction with the live model then too bad so sad. If Blizzard wanted to change that they would create a new model that's properly polished not use that shitty placeholder model you're so obsessed with.

Sigh, when will these damn threads die?

The alpha model looks really ugly and unpolished there.
    Well, true the alpha model looks a bit unpolished. I'm so glad the final model has no clipping(oh, except for when moving), no missing textures (well, except for the area around the upper teeth), has quality movement (except when walking, fighting, dancing... most of the animations besides sitting still are broken somehow).

If we don't like the direction the model has taken because it's a bad bugged model, I say people have a right to complain. If you like it... why are you in this thread? I don't even see you saying you like the current model, you're just telling people they should stop complaining... ok...

Can someone explain the issue at hand? i've seen more than one thread on the same subject and i dont see the problem, please do tell.

So...many...eye colors. Awesome! Options!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Can someone explain the issue at hand? i've seen more than one thread on the same subject and i dont see the problem, please do tell.
    Read the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Read the thread.
    I tried but could mostly find some bs about sexism. I want to know the real reason.

Alpha Model for both male and female but Live Eyes for Female Worgen look amazing.

Blizzard started Cataclysm early development and Alpha with one female worgen model (referred to unofficially as the "alpha model"), and posted images of this as an official work-in-progress preview. The response was mostly positive, other than the usual "eww, furries" crowd. This model is currently lurking in the game files in an almost complete state, just missing a few things like dancing and Running Wild animations.

However, by the time Beta started this model had been shelved for reasons unknown. Blizzard started the design process again, and re-used the basic body model but made an entirely new head and animation set. However, it was painfully obvious that they did not have the time to finish it properly. At Blizzcon roughly 5 weeks before Cata's release, this new model was still considered too unfinished to show. When the expansion went live the model was in much the same state: many animations are bugged and the design seems to be a garbled mesh of monster-like and "attempted sexy".

These threads keep appearing because the alpha model was advertised to players and yet sits unused in the game files despite its near-complete state. Blizzard has acknowledged their mistake in changing their minds so late in the development process: it was their stated reason for sticking with their first design for the female Pandaren despite a mixed player response.

We simply want the model that was first advertised. It's so near to completion that developer time should not be an issue, in fact I see it as incredibly wasteful that all the time spent on it already has come to nothing. It is possible that it may be added when the original races get their update, as this is likely to include the option to choose between the old and new model for your character. It just remains to be seen whether Blizzard will swallow their pride and finally fix their mistake, or continue to sweep the issue under the rug.

Think that about covers all the salient points. If anyone wants to copy+paste this elsewhere, feel free.

Deleted
    Basically the worgen female model is bugged beyond belief. It clips a lot of animations, it has missing textures around mouth and it looks nothing like a wolf while also having a single face, a face that looks like a chihuaha dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    For the thousandth time no. If you don't like the artistic direction with the live model then too bad so sad.
    What artistic direction? It was clearly designed without any.

And no basic quality control, either.

If Blizzard wanted to change that they would create a new model that's properly polished not use that shitty placeholder model you're so obsessed with.
    The model that went live is tame, wimpy, has one lapdog face with washed-out Bratz-doll eyes and a weird grimace/sneer expression, clips horribly, and looks like it was cobbled together from parts of other models.

The alpha model animated smoothly with minimal clipping, had distinct face options, and actually resembled some species of wild dog as opposed to something small and yappy. Admittedly, it was clearly a rough draft; but it was a rough draft of something that could have been good if they'd stuck to the same basic concept rather than "inbred corgi."

Teal-deer: the live model looks a hell of a lot more like a "shitty placeholder," from both a mechanical and a thematic standpoint.

Sigh, when will these damn threads die?
    Under the same circumstances under which talk of female trolls not having eyelids will "die." You know...when they fix it.

And if they don't fix it? Then the threads will die when this game finally collapses under its own weight. Deal with it.

The live model looks really ugly and unpolished there.
    Fixed that for you. The alpha wasn't perfect, but the live is a thematic and mechanical step down.

I couldn't care less, both look good enough to me.

It's sad you guys are crying and moaning for months for no reason. This is like the millionth thread on alpha worgen model? Good.

Cry more.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    I couldn't care less, both look good enough to me.

It's sad you guys are crying and moaning for months for no reason. This is like the millionth thread on alpha worgen model? Good.

Cry more.
    Thanks for the bump

It always amuses me when people call the alpha a "placeholder model". A placeholder is an pre-existing model used temporarily until the real model can be finished. You don't make a brand new model just to be a placeholder, let alone give it a full range of customisation options. Really, use your brains: would Blizzard release a preview labeled "work in progress" if they were never intending to go live with that model?

I would not choose an alpha worgen. I prefer the detail the female worgen have now. for instance, the eyes are much more detailed, and the fur doesn't look as pixely, imo. the only thing I wish would change is that female worgen would have glowing eyes and the hairstyles from alpha worgen. But, I like the way my druid looks, and if it doesn't change, I wouldn't be upset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I would not choose an alpha worgen. I prefer the detail the female worgen have now. for instance, the eyes are much more detailed, and the fur doesn't look as pixely, imo. the only thing I wish would change is that female worgen would have glowing eyes and the hairstyles from alpha worgen. But, I like the way my druid looks, and if it doesn't change, I wouldn't be upset.
    In a logical world, they'd finish the texturing on the alpha before releasing it. It WAS an alpha after all; the first pass at the model.

You don't put high-rez textures on your first attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkir View Post
    In a logical world, they'd finish the texturing on the alpha before releasing it. It WAS an alpha after all; the first pass at the model.

You don't put high-rez textures on your first attempt.
    the sad part is the textures were actually updated a couple weeks before the "new" model came put iirc. which was about a month or two before catas launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. I hadn't been keeping track of the thread, but the results of it seem about right for what I see on the General Forums.

Stood in the Fire Flufflemonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I must say thay I indeed would rather play a superior, unfinished model instead of the sexually dimorphised, anatomically incorrect, overly caricatured, clippy, buggy excuse we call the beta female worgen. I honestly don't understand how Blizz could scrap the Alpha's head and start from scratch. It is a complete train wreck now, and I am so happy that other people recognize this monstrosity and want a change. The topic is still going on, and I'm impressed!

And thank you, Thorkir for referencing my thread and crediting me for it. I honestly appreciate it. Even though it is mostly dead now, I hope everyone finds use of the topics, ideas, and arguments discussed there. I'd love to see this thread become successful. Consider me a happy participant!
    EVERYDAY I'M FLUFFLIN!
    ANEE QUESHTUNZ?

Deleted
    Aw man, I thought you were over this. It's been three years.

When the moon is full and the witching hour is a hand, the alpha worgen thread seeps up from inadequately ventilated soil to terrify people with a thread they should probably post on the main forums so blizz can actually see it.

I would rather Blizzard redo the entire female Worgen in and of itself. Both versions are alpha designs, never polished nor refined to the point the male Worgen have. Granted the FACES are different and the alpha version is much better than the live (Alpha Female > Live Female), the male one has me on the fence. Both versions fit the males body, since their figure IS menacing. A calm face is great, but a much more vicious one is as well.

All that said, the alpha female body is no better than the live female body. Both are unfinished and just changed slightly from each other, especially if you looked at the way the live version is from the alpha. It would be nice if they made the female more akin to female Pandaren, less sexual and more naturally feminine. Not to the degree of the actual Pandaren models though, as it makes sense that they are not skinny nor muscular.

The alpha worgen males were terrible. Females perhaps are better than what we have now but still not good.
    They did an ok job with the released males, but yeah females look kinda silly. Still better than the old models for all the original races though. So worgen can get in line behind everyone else.