Poll: If you had the option to choose the Alpha worgen model, would you?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Mine displays MOP stuff, but the alpha worgen patch keeps messing up. I can't do any of the female worgen emotes like kiss, wave, or cheer because it just shows up as a big mess.

...but I can do MOP gear. LOL.

This is what my druid was going to look like:

I left her naked so we can all take a minute to mourn the loss of that skin color with the patchy fur and freckles. I really wanted to use that skin, but it's gone.
    ...I didn't even know that one existed. Shame, it looks very nice.

Also, interesting note about the MoP items, I'll have to try that.

I also find myself mildly perturbed at fact that my little femworgen hunter has paws for feet, complete with paw pads...but her hands are quite the same as they were in human form (granted, missing a finger and with the claws).
    Last edited by Thorkir; 2013-02-16 at 06:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't play the alpha model, no, but I would really like more customization and options.

I made my second worgen a dk so I could have glowy eyes and make it feel different from my hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Chadina's:

Nice transmog
    Thank you so much! It's beautiful. -sniff- I wish I could play that in game. D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    At night, I look upon potatoes with lust in my eyes.

Deleted
    Alpha model isn't actually better than the one ingame, both are abominations and should be completely removed from it.
    Sniffing started to make my anger against worgen grow steadily

10+ Year Old Account
    I only compared the 2 pictures in the first post: The new face is vastly superior. The alpha on has a look like someone suffering from severe brain damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    I only compared the 2 pictures in the first post: The new face is vastly superior. The alpha on has a look like someone suffering from severe brain damage.
    I have to wonder if you got them mixed up, as it's the live model that has drooping eyelids and contorted lips. The alpha, particularly with that gold-eyed face, looks pretty much just like a wolf.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more I see people's worgen alpha-ized, I'm reminded how Worgen could have usurped BElf as my favorite race.... then fell oh so short.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    The title should have had alpha FEMALE worgen model slapped on it.

Because when I saw it I furiously clicked NO, thinking *who can be so tasteless as to actually wish for that horrible male worgen crap from the alpha*, as I play a male worgen, and instantly associate the race with my character.

Anyway, yes the female alpha model is vastly superior. What we have right now is downright unacceptable for devs the likes of Blizzard.

The Worgen models in general, both male and female, have a lot, A LOT of clipping issues and even size scaling issues (a lot of mounts and weapons don't scale properly or don't scale AT ALL, for example many shields on my main look like a fucking dish). After a point I get tired of rejecting cool armor looks and mounts just because Blizzard has fucked up the model of my favorite race.

They have a chance to rectify this with the model revamp, but it seems that they won't touch Cataclysm races. That's just inconsistent as we have 4 quality brackers right now.

Vanilla
    TBC
    Cata
    Mists

Blizzard will just take everything except Cata races on the level of Mists. Yet again, we'll have races with inferior and superior looks, instead of CONSISTENCY in their quality.

Agreed. The OP should edit the thread's title to point out this is specifically about the female worgen model. I for one, would love to revert the alpha model for females, but most definitely not for the males.

Maybe when the new player models roll around, Blizzard can use it as an excuse to reintroduce the alpha model.

I voted yes, but honestly I'm not so sure. Both models have horrible flaws. The snarl and non-glowing and ridiculously smokey eyes on the live one bug me no end, and her teeth that are moving when she breathes while standing still, not to mention the complete lack of detail in that department is shit too. The constant clipping of the hair is a thorn in my side as well - in fact, the lack of customization in the hair/manes is needless to begin with. Other than that while I agree the skullform has some issues, it beats the alpha ones by miles. The alpha skull and snout seems unfinished, sloppy work; and though the live female's ears positioning is wrong, at least there's some serious variation for that which I believe the alpha ones lacks, resulting in a rather stale face.

I wish they'd rework the current model rather than simply going back to the alpha, because even the alpha just doesn't compete in quality when you look at other more recent races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    The title should have had alpha FEMALE worgen model slapped on it.

Because when I saw it I furiously clicked NO, thinking *who can be so tasteless as to actually wish for that horrible male worgen crap from the alpha*, as I play a male worgen, and instantly associate the race with my character.

Anyway, yes the female alpha model is vastly superior. What we have right now is downright unacceptable for devs the likes of Blizzard.

The Worgen models in general, both male and female, have a lot, A LOT of clipping issues and even size scaling issues (a lot of mounts and weapons don't scale properly or don't scale AT ALL, for example many shields on my main look like a fucking dish). After a point I get tired of rejecting cool armor looks and mounts just because Blizzard has fucked up the model of my favorite race.

They have a chance to rectify this with the model revamp, but it seems that they won't touch Cataclysm races. That's just inconsistent as we have 4 quality brackers right now.

Vanilla
    TBC
    Cata
    Mists

Blizzard will just take everything except Cata races on the level of Mists. Yet again, we'll have races with inferior and superior looks, instead of CONSISTENCY in their quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Agreed. The OP should edit the thread's title to point out this is specifically about the female worgen model. I for one, would love to revert the alpha model for females, but most definitely not for the males.

Maybe when the new player models roll around, Blizzard can use it as an excuse to reintroduce the alpha model.
    I would change it, but I'm not sure how to do so. Should have thought of it when I posted it initially. As one can see from my post count, I haven't really used these forums much.

I already changed the first post header.

And really, while I wouldn't necessarily play an alpha male worgen, I do like the fact that he was capable of smiling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I voted yes, but honestly I'm not so sure. Both models have horrible flaws. The snarl and non-glowing and ridiculously smokey eyes on the live one bug me no end, and her teeth that are moving when she breathes while standing still, not to mention the complete lack of detail in that department is shit too. The constant clipping of the hair is a thorn in my side as well - in fact, the lack of customization in the hair/manes is needless to begin with. Other than that while I agree the skullform has some issues, it beats the alpha ones by miles. The alpha skull and snout seems unfinished, sloppy work; and though the live female's ears positioning is wrong, at least there's some serious variation for that which I believe the alpha ones lacks, resulting in a rather stale face.

I wish they'd rework the current model rather than simply going back to the alpha, because even the alpha just doesn't compete in quality when you look at other more recent races.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% in favor of them rebuilding the model and doing it right this time (Subjective, right in my perspective would be a higher-definition, finished version of the alpha).

I'm also quite well aware of Blizzard's tendency to avoid work when possible, and thus suggesting the easier path.
    Last edited by Thorkir; 2013-02-17 at 03:56 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post

Vanilla
    TBC
    Cata
    Mists

The problem is, if you were just looking at the goblins to gauge Cata's model quality, you'd rightly conclude that they're excellent and nothing needs changed. The goblins are expressive, fluid, and detailed. I love the fact that you can change their noses and ears. The females' faces are, for once, much more distinct and varied than the males' options. It's quite clear where the majority of the Cata player modeling work went.

The worgen were rushed, and it really shows. Neither the alpha nor the Live are exceptional, but I feel that the alpha is better because it's less buggy (and that's a big one!) and more expressive since it's not forced into a faux snarl all the time. The alpha face can make subtle expressions like a slight curling of the upper lip when she lands from a jump, raise one eyebrow dubiously, or pucker when she /kiss. The Live doesn't do any of these, though she tries.

The worgen really, really, REALLY need to be brought up to snuff. Both genders especially, but the female more than the male. If I were to rate the Cata player models, personally, on a scale from 1-10 where 1 is "the critter rabbit model" and 10 is "MOP quality," the goblins would get an 8, the alpha worgen would get a 6 and the Live female would get a very generous 2. Vanilla player models would be a 4.5, for reference's sake.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    The problem is, if you were just looking at the goblins to gauge Cata's model quality, you'd rightly conclude that they're excellent and nothing needs changed. The goblins are expressive, fluid, and detailed. I love the fact that you can change their noses and ears. The females' faces are, for once, much more distinct and varied than the males' options. It's quite clear where the majority of the Cata player modeling work went.

The worgen were rushed, and it really shows. Neither the alpha nor the Live are exceptional, but I feel that the alpha is better because it's less buggy (and that's a big one!) and more expressive since it's not forced into a faux snarl all the time. The alpha face can make subtle expressions like a slight curling of the upper lip when she lands from a jump, raise one eyebrow dubiously, or pucker when she /kiss. The Live doesn't do any of these, though she tries.

The worgen really, really, REALLY need to be brought up to snuff. Both genders especially, but the female more than the male. If I were to rate the Cata player models, personally, on a scale from 1-10 where 1 is "the critter rabbit model" and 10 is "MOP quality," the goblins would get an 8, the alpha worgen would get a 6 and the Live female would get a very generous 2. Vanilla player models would be a 4.5, for reference's sake.
    I laughed at the "critter rabbit model" quality. xD But yeah. The goblins look pretty much mop quality, but the worgen....well... TBC races have less clipping problems then both the worgen models.
    Also, let's compare animations:
    Alpha female worgen (casting):

Beta female worgen (casting):
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-02-18 at 02:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I laughed at the "critter rabbit model" quality. xD But yeah. The goblins look pretty much mop quality, but the worgen....well... TBC races have less clipping problems then both the worgen models.
    Also, let's compare animations
    lol, that bottom one is my pic You're even linking it from my account, I call it the "invisible neck brace" xD

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Also, let's compare animations:
    Alpha female worgen (casting):

Beta female worgen (casting):
    Almost makes me think of the irony that "Alpha" models were better than the "Beta" ones, just like in real life when it comes to pack authority :P
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Yes, I definitely would change my rogue to a female worgen in a second if I could look like the first worgen in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zZqx0wTww0

Looks so crazy and vicious, I love it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Give it a rest.
    That is all.
    How about no? The live model is bugged and full of clipping errors. It's crap, quite possibly the most crappy model ingame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Almost makes me think of the irony that "Alpha" models were better than the "Beta" ones, just like in real life when it comes to pack authority :P
    The beta one would be the derpy one that everyone orders around. =P

threads like these are the reason why blizzard held off the remodel of the classic classes for so long...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    threads like these are the reason why blizzard held off the remodel of the classic classes for so long...
    Threads about people calling them out on shoddy work? Good. We don't want the classic revamp half-assed, either.

Sig by Isilrien