Poll: If you had the option to choose the Alpha worgen model, would you?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If you had the option to choose the Alpha Female Worgen model, would you?

First off, I am aware of the superthread on the topic by Fluffle, found here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-as-Options!!!

I just wanted a plain and simple yes/no poll for a general idea how many people (on this forum, at any rate) are in favor/against the alpha model (specifically for females, as they're the ones in more dire need of attention).

For those of you who don't know what the alpha model is, here's my former live warrior:

And what she could look like as an alpha:

So, please vote. Thank you. =)
    Last edited by Thorkir; 2014-04-10 at 12:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    In a heartbeat! I'm assuming that we're comparing both models with bugs fixed (eg, no more animation bugs for Live, the "box butt" would be fixed on alpha, etc), but even still, the alpha had much more distinct faces thanks to the eyes. I would prefer being able to have multiple female worgen that look unique from one another, and I just can't do that with the Live model.

Top is alpha eyes, bottom is Live eyes:

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    A million times yes, it baffles me as to why they felt the need to change what was already a solid model.

Not that I'm that bothered about it since I don't play a worgen, but if I was going to make one I would want that old alpha model over the weird snarling face they have on live.

Sure, more choice is always good.

But to that mega thread... heard of sexual dimorphism? It;s the same way the drenai are the same race... lol.

No. They're both terrible. They need to scrap this model and start from scratch imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags- View Post
    Sure, more choice is always good.

But to that mega thread... heard of sexual dimorphism? It;s the same way the drenai are the same race... lol.
    Unfortunately, it seems her post got deleted when the MOP forums went down, but there was a great thread on the official MOP beta forums comparing some of the more "dimorphic" races in WoW and how they are actually more similar than we think (female worgen excepted) to speculate on the body type of the female pandaren. Basically, both sexes of draenei are the same height in heads, the same relative hip width (again, in heads) and are both toned and muscular with attractive, humanlike faces. The males are just much broader in the shoulder (and, imho, that should be toned down).

However, Live female worgen take this to a whole new extreme. They are the only race in the game where eyes are starkly different between sexes (for all the other races, if the males have glowing eyes, so do the females) and the skull shape is so extremely different as to stretch belief due to Live female's bulbous forehead.

That's one of the reasons I prefer alpha. Her skull looks much more like a female version of the male skull. Plus, her faces all look distinct and unique thanks to the jewel-bright eye colors.

Sig by Isilrien

Definitely. And since I got the model viewer to display them again, I'll post some more comparisons.

Here we have the live model, complete with bugs. In this case, she's stabbing herself in the head with her own shield.

Let's compare the exact same pose on the alpha model:

Seriously, how much better does that look?

I'll take a second to talk about the hair, as I know it's a point of contention for some people. I myself would prefer something more mane-like, such as what the males have, but the alpha female's hair does have one very good point. Unlike the mess on the live model, it's not part of the base model so will disappear entirely when wearing a full-face helm. That means no more ugly graphics clipping.

Full set of faces and hairstyles (click for full size version):

(Feel free to put these in the OP if you'd like, Thorkir.)
    Last edited by 7seti; 2013-02-12 at 12:01 PM.

Obviously yes. Alpha model look like a wolf, not like ridiculous dog of some kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Seriously, how much better does that look?
    Honestly I prefer the top one...I like the smaller more feminine snout. The bottom one has a terrible boxy-lookin snout. Seriously, not even the male's snout is that boxy.

Basically the only thing I find wrong with the live model is their weird snarl...but other than that I prefer it to the alpha one.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    In a heartbeat! I'm assuming that we're comparing both models with bugs fixed (eg, no more animation bugs for Live, the "box butt" would be fixed on alpha, etc), but even still, the alpha had much more distinct faces thanks to the eyes. I would prefer being able to have multiple female worgen that look unique from one another, and I just can't do that with the Live model.

Top is alpha eyes, bottom is Live eyes:
    Those eyes... what could have been. Different colors, different lashes, predatory, watchful... not bugged out like a crack-monkey...

/le sigh

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Overwhelmingly yes.

Deleted
    Yes most definently, but this will not happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t=Alpha+worgen

This has already been talked to death about.

Btw the current model looks fine. Fixing ones like the human model are a much much higher priority.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-02-12 at 12:03 PM.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Honestly I prefer the top one...I like the smaller more feminine snout. The bottom one has a terrible boxy-lookin snout. Seriously, not even the male's snout is that boxy.
    Eh, each to their own. I prefer the alpha's muzzle because it looks more wolf-like. As much as I detest the live model, I'm not asking for it to be removed. It's just a damn shame to see the alpha model sit unused, all the time Blizzard's art department spent on it going to waste.

Anyway, post above updated with the full set of faces and hairstyles.

Deleted
    Give it a rest.
    That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Eh, each to their own. I prefer the alpha's muzzle because it looks more wolf-like. As much as I detest the live model, I'm not asking for it to be removed. It's just a damn shame to see the alpha model sit unused, all the time Blizzard's art department spent on it going to waste.

Anyway, post above updated with the full set of faces and hairstyles.
    I'm trying to keep the OP fairly small for this thread. Don't really want to try to replace the megathread for it; I just wanted a poll. I hope you understand. =)

Deleted
    Yes. Back in alpha I considered making a Worgen female, but ended up not bothering on live because they took a serious turn for uglyness.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It needs to be touched up (the combat animation clearly has a broken shoulder) but I love the alpha model far more than the live model.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    yes it looks better actually, (and I have lvl 89 worgen female druid)

probably wouldnt play anything else if the alpha one was used.