10+ Year Old Account

Idea to make Chi Burst desirable.

Chi Burst has IMO the best visual design of the 3 healing talents in the lvl30 tier but the least picked. Basically cuz it kinda suck if u miss, but my idea is make it sort of like SFB and still keep the mechanic of aiming at your target but make it more rewarding! As a WW we all know how easily we can get kited in arenas and most PvP situations, so let's change the Chi Burst mechanic a little bit and make it if we hit the target they have to stop moving or every time they move they take 3-6% of their total hp in dmg for 3-6 secs and healing us for the amount of damage it does to the enemy target. That way we especially as WW have an answer to mages and hunters blowing us up from afar.
    Last edited by Brewjin; 2013-02-12 at 12:02 PM.

Because obviously WW needs more overpowered stuff for next season...

10+ Year Old Account
    How so exactly? You can just avoid it and not get hit, and if you do get hit, if you Do Not move it won't deal any damage not heal the monk. It will just make hunter and mages think twice b4 picking on a monk like most do.

Chi Burst is targeted at people what do you mean "just avoid it and not get hit". Also how are you getting kited as a monk? Tiger's Lust, Roll and FSK are stupid amounts of mobility already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chi Burst is already perfectly desirable if you can line it up properly. In stack phases, it's a fantastic way to provide off-heals, and rivals Uplift for Mistweaver monks. Also, Brewmasters can get good use out of it by targetting a ranged behind the boss, firing it through the boss and the melee (and it also heals themselves)

The word "Situational" comes to mind.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    i used to spec chi burst on Garajal (for example) when progressing to help the healers, as brewmaster. When i was not the active tank i would go behind the stacked group and heal for insane numbers.

Now i prefer chi wave most of the time.

In PvP i would think it requires skills to use this in a way that you target something which allows you to hit a few things in the same line.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking at a PvP point of view, and roll/FSK only removes snares not slows of roots, why do you think we're getting a mini berserkers rage! And Chi Wave is the target one not Chi Burst, I have not seen one WW monk who uses Chi Burst in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewslee View Post
    I'm looking at a PvP point of view, and roll/FSK only removes snares not slows of roots, why do you think we're getting a mini berserkers rage! And Chi Wave is the target one not Chi Burst, I have not seen one WW monk who uses Chi Burst in PvP.
    Chi Burst requires a target.

Also, literally the last thing Windwalker PVP needs is more mobility. Just kick back and enjoy our role as the anti-melee melee and the best escape artist this side of the Vanish fix.
    Last edited by Viradiance; 2013-02-12 at 10:44 AM.

You target Chi Burst at someone and it hits them and everyone in the path. Considering you don't know what the ability already does tells me your "suggestion" has nothing to it aside from "I play a Monk make me overpowered".

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok glurp, I'm guessing your a Hunter, in an arena your opponents are a WW monk and a Mage, who do you try to blow up 1st and why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok glurp, I'm guessing your a Hunter, in an arena your opponents are a WW monk and a Mage, who do you try to blow up 1st and why?
    The monk. Defensively, fairly weak, but has the ability to chase me down ad infinitum and totally lock me down via Grapple, Ring of Peace, snares, stuns et cetera.

Depends who my partner is. Usually I'd go Monk because I can Powershot it due to no stealth. If I was playing with an Spriest I would go mage because Ice Block isn't an issue and Psyfiend can cover the Monk whereas it would have a lot more trouble hitting the Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I'm saying we need a better way to stay alive as a WW monk, cuz even with all the 5.2 changes we are still very vulnerable and squishy. Not at all try to whine that my class needs to be OP, I just want to be competative and super damage means nothing if your dead. And the goes for both PvP and PvE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    We have no overpowered stuff anymore, RoP got nerfed to the ground, paralysis too, chi wave zen sphere and chi burst heals for shit and still do shitty damage, we will still be the least played class in the PvP environment in 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Since when does WW have overpowered stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    We have no overpowered stuff anymore, RoP got nerfed to the ground, paralysis too, chi wave zen sphere and chi burst heals for shit and still do shitty damage, we will still be the least played class in the PvP environment in 5.2.
    Eyupp. Though I still get my warrior buddy complaining about the FoF stun that he can't trinket. While WW is really fun, it won't be all too popular for awhile in pvp. (Now PVE on the other hand...)