Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the subject of getting outside information in to North Korea, I've found this website to be very interesting.
    http://www.fnkradio.com/
    It's the page for the Free North Korea Radio, which broadcasts in to North Korea for 5-7 hours a day. It's run by North Korean defectors, and it's dedicated to telling people about the outside world, and countering the regime's propaganda. They also read letters from Americans, to tell them what we're really like and try to convince them that we're not the enemy.

Unfortunately, I fear the broadcasts may mostly fall on deaf ears. All radios manufactured withing NK are restricted to state-run frequencies. This can be fixed with a bit of tinkering, but owning a modified radio is illegal and most don't know how to do it anyway. Still, defectors have confirmed that some groups do listen to the FNK broadcasts, in addition to the 24/7 VoA broadcasts (for those who aren't familiar, Voice of America is the US's global radio station which broadcasts news and pro-democracy messages. It is considered propaganda, so it cannot legally be broadcast inside of the US.)

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    It must be nerve racking to be in South Korea. North Korea really needs to stop, if they actually attacked the United States, they and all the poor people who live there, would be obliterated by the, and NATO. The US did a 10 year + war with sketchy and shady reasoning. Imagine what the US government would do if there was a clear and concise reason to actually attack somewhere.
    And I am flying to South Korea tomorrow as an exchange student until 01.07.13

Looking forward to such a happy time....

North Korea's missles aren't even ICBM's lol, they'd never be able to reach the East coast of America...
    South Korea on the other hand, they're the ones who should be shitting their pants

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aftonflickan View Post
    North Korea's missles aren't even ICBM's lol, they'd never be able to reach the East coast of America...
    South Korea on the other hand, they're the ones who should be shitting their pants
    North Korea is that whingey kid in the playground that wants attention and throws a strop when they don't get any.

Deleted
    Just saw this article on kotaku where North Korea uses Oblivion's theme song in some anti-America propaganda. I'm surprised that they choose musics and clips of video games in their propaganda, wouldn't it make more sense if they used their own national anthem?

http://kotaku.com/5985543/north-kore...ls-iv-oblivion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    Just saw this article on kotaku where North Korea uses Oblivion's theme song in some anti-America propaganda. I'm surprised that they choose musics and clips of video games in their propaganda, wouldn't it make more sense if they used their own national anthem?

What. The. Fuck. I don't know whether to laugh or be confused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    What. The. Fuck. I don't know whether to laugh or be confused.
    I suppose you can be confused and laugh at the same time. :P

Deleted
    I suppose you can be confused and laugh at the same time. :P
    I'm just going to pretend I never read your post.

Deleted
    Let's not forget that Russia and North Korea have close relationships.

I want to know who does the editing for North Korean videos. They surely can do better than this lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    On the subject of getting outside information in to North Korea, I've found this website to be very interesting.
    http://www.fnkradio.com/
    It's the page for the Free North Korea Radio, which broadcasts in to North Korea for 5-7 hours a day. It's run by North Korean defectors, and it's dedicated to telling people about the outside world, and countering the regime's propaganda. They also read letters from Americans, to tell them what we're really like and try to convince them that we're not the enemy.

Unfortunately, I fear the broadcasts may mostly fall on deaf ears. All radios manufactured withing NK are restricted to state-run frequencies. This can be fixed with a bit of tinkering, but owning a modified radio is illegal and most don't know how to do it anyway. Still, defectors have confirmed that some groups do listen to the FNK broadcasts, in addition to the 24/7 VoA broadcasts (for those who aren't familiar, Voice of America is the US's global radio station which broadcasts news and pro-democracy messages. It is considered propaganda, so it cannot legally be broadcast inside of the US.)
    Even if North Korean citizens hate us I still don't hold them responsible or hold any ill will towards them. The propaganda that's forced inside their skulls goes beyond brain washing. It's their government that's fucked up, not them.

Imagine what the US government would do if there was a clear and concise reason to actually attack somewhere

North Korea would be wrapped up in about 48 hours and cause far fewer causalities on both sides of the line.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Even if North Korean citizens hate us I still don't hold them responsible or hold any ill will towards them. The propaganda that's forced inside their skulls goes beyond brain washing. It's their government that's fucked up, not them.
    I do feel so sorry for them. I just want South Korea to take over Korea and then it'd have a normal and non brainwashed country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I want to know who does the editing for North Korean videos. They surely can do better than this lol.
    Yeah, it's not something North Korea can brag about. xD