Silver Covenant / Sunreaver factions in 5.2

Will these two reputations from Wrath of the Lich King matter in 5.2? On one of the screenshots a Silver Covenant Quartermaster can be seen. What does she sell? Or is she simply linked to the Kirin Tor Offensive, despite what the text above her head says?

Do "regular" Sunreaver NPCs even exist? Or are they all part of the Sunreaver Onslaught?
    Last edited by iscalio; 2013-02-12 at 08:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's like the Cenarion Circle/Expedition and Argent Dawn/Crusade before them. Even thhough they're still the same organisation, mostly, their new purpose means a new faction now, at least for everyone that's located in Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I think it's like the Cenarion Circle/Expedition and Argent Dawn/Crusade before them. Even though they're still the same organisation, mostly, their new purpose means a new faction now, at least for everyone that's located in Pandaria.
    I understand that the Kirin Tor Offensive and Sunreaver Onslaught are (gameplay-wise) completely new factions. But you never had an NPC tagged "Cenarion Circle Quartermaster" in a Cenarion Expedition camp before, for example, or a "Guardians of Hyjal Quartermaster" among the Avengers. There is however a Silver Covenant Quartermaster this patch, which is what inspired my question.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking it might just be one overlooked NPC, but they are all consistently named Silver Convenant NPC's. Still might be an oversight, but if not then I agree it's kind of weird to suddenly have a quartermaster that is not named after the actual faction whom's stuff they have. I have no explanation as to the why, though. I'd have assumed everyone to be named Kirin Tor Offensive bladibla for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the NPCs are tagged as part of the Sunreaver Onslaught/Kirin Tor Offensive now. The ones still wearing their old tags are Aethas himself and one or two other random NPCS.

I'm assuming the vendors' titles are just out of date (or the Alliance one at least; the Sunreaver one has the proper Onslaught title). The stuff they sell has nothing to do with the Sunreavers/Silver Covenant, and can only be used if you have sufficient Onslaught/Offensive rep.

Deleted
    Old faction doesn't matter anymore, but they give you a neat tabard!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasconcellos View Post
    Old faction doesn't matter anymore, but they give you a neat tabard!
    The tabard doesn't look realy new u see... i kinda already have that tabard..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    Now you have to grind rep again because they don't love you any more. (maybe they have issues with being abandoned after we took down Arthas)

Deleted
    good thing I love grinding rep....

Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    If it looks like the old Silver Covenant/Sunreaver Tabard, it's a placeholder; they are supposed to have a new design.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are new banners for the Kirin Tor/Sunreavers (see here); maybe the tabards will be mini versions of those.