Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Blizzard sky rockets the ilvls purposely ...

    ... to change the communities mind about the item squish.

    5.2

    - 522 N
    - 528 N TF
    - 535 H
    - 541 H TF

    Ra-den might have a higher base ilvl than other heroic bosses, lets say 547. So with 5.3 and item upgrades we would be at 555 ilvl for the second tier of this expansion.

    5.4

    - 570 normal?
    - 576 N elite/TF version?
    - 585 heroic?
    - 591 H elite/TF version?

    And with 5.5 item upgrades we'd be at 599 at the end of the expansion, which'd result in a ~200 ilvl jump in a single expansion. Note that we only had 50-70 ilvl jumps in the past expansions, one of them having 4 tiers.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  2. #2
    if you read uinterview with one of the devs about it, you would know they want gear to be desired by everybody, they want gear help raiders overcome some roadblock bosses, and I bet they made such big gap in ilvl between lfr and normals because of al lthis complains about raiders are forced into lfr to get upgrades (now they wont)

  3. #3
    well they did say they made the numbers bigger and create a larger gap between expansions for even fully geared players starting an expansion are forced into new gear like everyone else. its part of the full experience.

    ilvl in general is just a number to say this item has more overall higher stats than that other piece of gear. the ilvl number has no real meaning beyond that.

  4. #4
    How about the Korean servers?

    H TF 25man gear. Shit's going to be insane.

    The rate that ilvl is increasing at is kinda freaky. I really dislike how gear is starting to be more important than personal play in terms of DPS.

  5. #5
    You guy's still don't get it do you? They are basicly bumping the item level for one reason! And that reason is that they want the numbers to reach so stupid numbers, for them to be able to make an item squish in the next xpac?

    They want our computers to break as were fighting the world bosses in the Sige of orgrimmar patch!

    If you have Recount/skada in mop the amount of ram it uses is just fuckin stupid

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans Theodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Orasay1996 View Post
    You guy's still don't get it do you? They are basicly bumping the item level for one reason! And that reason is that they want the numbers to reach so stupid numbers, for them to be able to make an item squish in the next xpac?

    They want our computers to break as were fighting the world bosses in the Sige of orgrimmar patch!

    If you have Recount/skada in mop the amount of ram it uses is just fuckin stupid
    Your computer would only run in to performance issues if you have something like 2GB of RAM. The game engine isn't that efficient to begin with, compared to more modern MMO engines. If Skada or Recount is causing you issues then choose not to use them.

    Currently my Recount is using 6MB of memory out of the 5000~ I have available.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-02-12 at 09:13 AM.

  7. #7
    Might been geting a bit out of hand but basicly uses around 27 mb on world boss fights...

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 10:11 AM ----------

    Have around 16 ram so i'm fine...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    well they did say they made the numbers bigger and create a larger gap between expansions for even fully geared players starting an expansion are forced into new gear like everyone else. its part of the full experience.

    ilvl in general is just a number to say this item has more overall higher stats than that other piece of gear. the ilvl number has no real meaning beyond that.
    Half true.

    The item level is directly bound to how much stats are on an item. This is the reason why things like item upgrades, reforging and challenge mode down scaling or PTR raid up scaling even works.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  9. #9
    t15 does seem a bit inflated in ilvl, but I still have no idea where you got the idea that t16 would somehow be another FIFTY ilvls up?? A normal tier up is 13 or 19 ilvls; 496 -> 522 is 26 ilvls.

  10. #10
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,514
    You seriously think they need the community's approval? The community who will whine WHATEVER Blizzard does?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans Theodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Orasay1996 View Post
    Might been geting a bit out of hand but basicly uses around 27 mb on world boss fights...

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 10:11 AM ----------

    Have around 16 ram so i'm fine...
    I think it's more the game engine showing its age. You can look at the performance demands of something like GW2 and WoW to see that the WoW engine is showing its age. I think that is the more immediate performance-related issue Blizzard will need to contend with, personally speaking.

  12. #12
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Orasay1996 View Post
    They want our computers to break as were fighting the world bosses in the Sige of orgrimmar patch!

    If you have Recount/skada in mop the amount of ram it uses is just fuckin stupid
    ..because those are addons that Blizzard brings out and they are mandatory and "forced" on you by Blizzard? But I just heard (on the intarwebz so it must be true) Blizzard just bought major PC companies, so..yeah..the comps break, they get rich
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  13. #13
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainiunit View Post
    I really dislike how gear is starting to be more important than personal play in terms of DPS.
    It's kind of been that way since gear started actually being not terrible, where the goal previously was to get the least terrible set of gear you could find to tank, DPS, or heal with. +spirit warrior gear? Hells yeah.

    Anyway, why exactly were people opposed to the item squish? It would supposedly make soloing old content more difficult? Or they're afraid they'll feel "less powerful" because their abilities, though technically doing the same amount of healing/damage in relation to enemy health, just "look less powerful?"

    I like soloing old content, but frankly, I'd be more annoyed by vague "MEGA DAMAGE values" that start gaining significant digits as the expansions roll on than an item squish.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You seriously think they need the community's approval? The community who will whine WHATEVER Blizzard does?
    Sadly I know who you are and your posting style on MMO-C. You try to act like a smart ass in most threads (dont take it personally, just an observation), but you fail to see that WoW has nearly 10 million subs.

    10,000,000 different people with different opinions on everything happening in and around WoW. One might think that its "always the same people who QQ", but in reality some people agree with one thing while disagreeing with another.

    Item squish didnt happen for MoP because of the community's fear of losing a part of their content (soloing), which was a true and proven (by facts) claim.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  15. #15
    serioussly guys, would you like to hit mobs for 100 damage again? because I'm sure as hell I won't

  16. #16
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,514
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    10,000,000 different people with different opinions on everything happening in and around WoW. One might think that its "always the same people who QQ", but in reality some people agree with one thing while disagreeing with another.

    Item squish didnt happen for MoP because of the community's fear of losing a part of their content (soloing), which was a true and proven (by facts) claim.
    Not taking anything personal and I take "smart ass" as a compliment. And ofc I know that "the community" is 10 million individuals. If you follow my postings as you say, you know that is why I defend different difficulties and even nerfs over time. Funny however that you first tell me how diverse the community is, then use the same community as like one voice that was afraid of this squish. Well..in fact it would be that small part that likes soloing old content, right?

    Anyways. IDK..squish it or not...so I tanked with 500, 5000, 50 000 and now 500 000 HP. Does anyone even try to comprehend Boss HP? To me it is percentages and I display them as such. Same with ilv. 3 str? 300 str? ilv 18, ilv 496? I guess we can handle those numbers.

    At the end, my statement stays - the OP made a tinfoil hat post about Bkizzard inflating ilvs for that purpose...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    I think it's more the game engine showing its age. You can look at the performance demands of something like GW2 and WoW to see that the WoW engine is showing its age. I think that is the more immediate performance-related issue Blizzard will need to contend with, personally speaking.
    It has nothing to do with wow's age, they choose to keep their system requirements low so more people have access to it.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  18. #18
    Legendary! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,301
    Yes that is what I think too. Last time the item squish came up officially people were very torn about it, maybe this is Blizzard's way of pushing the issue.

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,472
    It's Crown of the Heavens, not Tinfoil Hat of the Paranoid...
    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

  20. #20
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    It's Crown of the Heavens, not Tinfoil Hat of the Paranoid...
    Well now, Tinfoil hat of the Paranoid has been BiS for ret paladins for quite some time now.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •