Nvidia 3D Vision 2

I recently broke my nvidia 3d vision 2 infared emitter but was wondering would any infared emitter work with the glasses. I've had a search online but cannot find any answer about it

My understanding is no - there's a microprocessor in the emitter which controls their specific timings. While this can be emulated with other hardware and software, it's not as simple as merely plugging another emitter in.

That being said, 3DTV Corp (3dmagic.com) sells an emitter they say works with Vision 2 - http://www.3dmagic.com/ (click on Universal Home/Pro 8 Protocol Infra-red Emitter Gen2)

From the manual, supported modes are:
    ● Red — Model X, I/O, E-Dimensional, X3D, Model E, Model U, Mode
    ● Orange – Nvidia® ,Model U, Model N, Model NV1, NV2, Model E
    ● Orange Blinking – Samsung® 3rd
    party glasses but NOT Samsung original glasses or X103, Model E, Model U, Model N,
    Model SA3, Model CS
    ● Red- Green alternating- Model C, XpanD® 101, 103, JVC 3D DLA, Philips, NuVision®, Model E, Model U, Model N, HP
    Envy, Volfoni, , C1, CK, CF and other Cinema Glasses
    ● Green blinking— Model C, XpanD® 101, 103, JVC DLA, Philips, Model E, Model U, Model N, HP Envy, Volfoni , C1, CK, CF
    ● Red blinking — Model E, Model U, X103, Model N
    ● Green —StereoGraphics® CrystalEyes ®, realD® CrystalEyes ®, Model E, Model U, Model N
    ● Green - Orange alternating — Model E, Model U, Model N, Sony® , X103, Model JP

YMMV.. Unfortunately Nvidia chooses not to sell the infrared emitter on its own, so unless you can find an original one on eBay (funnily enough, this one is being sold by the same company as the above, through their ebay store - http://stores.ebay.com/3dtvcorp), then you might be looking at another whole kit.
    Last edited by Janaa; 2013-02-12 at 10:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

forget nvidia's 3d vision no matter the version i am waiting for the oculas rift now that is something i cannot wait for

Quote Originally Posted by ukxenon View Post
    forget nvidia's 3d vision no matter the version i am waiting for the oculas rift now that is something i cannot wait for
    Isn't Nvidia really the only company that provides stable and good 3D experience for Gaming?

AMD's is good as well, though it's technically third party software. It more or less depends on the game, nVidia is better on some, AMD is better on some.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Isn't Nvidia really the only company that provides stable and good 3D experience for Gaming?
    No I have both Iz3d and 3dVision and usually iz3d provides a better experience due to its customizability, UKXenon is talking about the VR Headset that also displays video in stereo 3D, it has two outputs, one to each eye.