Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    so are you quitting or not?

I'm really struggling to make sense out of what you're saying.

Your biggest gripe is the character models? Who the hell spends all their time in game looking at their character honestly?
    erm.. everyone does, since it's the one thing that doesn't change regardless of where you are. yous ee your model, you see it's aniamitons more than you see anything else, the one thing that sticks with you throughout is your character. or have you not realised that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    The most I see it is at the log on screen, you admit the gameplay has improved yet get caught up on trivial things like this.

Personally I don't have an issue with either the animations or models, mostly because I hardly notice them and the gameplay is much more important to me.

If you wanted continuity you should have played the game through, as it happened, naturally old content gets a facelift so people can breeze through the levelling, you end up skipping a lot of zones and quest lines, but that isn't a bad thing - no one wants to spend ages in irrelevant content.
    trivial? it may have seemed like that at the first, but it certainly isn't trivial to me any more, i think when you're engrossed in the game you forgive a lot of things, either that or smaller flaws grow as they wear on you, suffice it to say, i can't stand the look or feel of the majority of my characters anymore because they look so awful, both in appearance and in action, so much so it detracts from all the other things i find good about playing

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    now this is an example of a good response. Thanks you Mysticx.

now tell me, why do you still play warcraft in light of all this? for me, i couldn't stand those things still being un-addressed, and slowly they actually bled all the joy from playing the content. I could see MoP was better designed and a better play than all previous expansions i had played, including TBC, the graphics were yet even better, the story better, the encounters more fun and the structure etter - but it wasn't enough.

looking at my ugly human and night elf toons, were not offset by the new panderian which does have good aniamtions and actually looks good, nor were they off set by the worgen and goblin models that do look good. I still found the focus badly biased towards humans for the allinace, and whiles i could live iwth races liike night elves not having much of a spotlight, they seem terribly written, a stark contrast from how well warcraft 3 was that seemed to have 4 major races [orcs, humans, night elves and forsaken] rather than 2 - it seemed story tellining took a step backwards, and whiles there have been some interesting plots and stroylines, i still expected more and i'm not getting it.

Worse of all is weird lack of continuity at level 60-80. This is my iggest gripe outside poor character models/aniamtions... how can you do that in a lore based game/story and expect us to be okay about it? it was so weird playing through with friends, , they got turned off big time. they thought i was joking when i explained to them how the lapse in continuity occured. I suppose it is a wonder they still had people playing. I 'd tell them plainly, it is a major turn off for new players. who haven't had the benefit of years of playing through this.

what made you continue on though? because for me, these issues just got too much.
    rome wasn't built in a day.

sorting out the continuity of the storyline is gonna take months, if not years to work out, in fact, i'm not entirely sure blizzard can put the timeline straight. it is annoying whilst levelling, but tbh, levelling is only half the game, the other half is all end game - which is where this argument becomes moot. agreed, it's a deterrent to new players, but once you actually reach end level it no longer matters. it's also a by-product of being an mmo that has expansions and you have to appreciate where the storyline went throughout that previous content. totally agree the continuity is bad, but it's not gamebreaking.

new models are in the works, yes, the old models are kinda ugly by todays standards, but thats the whole point - these models are 8 years old and technology as well as computer art/animation has come a long way in those years.

main point is, most people play wow for the gameplay, the endgame raids and the overarching storyline, some of the lore is awesome - i totally appreciate that it's gonna be very confusing for new players to understand the lore when it's presented so haphazardly, but at the same time, confusion can cause intrigue and that can lead people to discovering wowpedia and all the books related to wow and the full wow storyline - it's a lot of information to digest whilst levelling, so sometimes you just need to go with the flow and worry about the finer details later.
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    dont get it are you complaining it gets boring to re level in wow? i have played lots of mmos and none have made me feel like to relevel up an alt but in wow i got 12 lvl 90s now. Wow is always uppgrading its game both in looks and models and its been said there working on uppgrading those models.

also your saying your not addicted yet but you cant stop playing a game you think sucks have crappy details and find nothing enjoyable about? Then when i tell you this i suppose iam a fanboy that cant take critism to my beloved wow

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Happy to see they didn't start. If you judge a game as huge as this on character models alone, you have no business playing it. Go try Rift or SWToR, they have pretty graphics. Horrible gameplay (imho), but pretty graphics.
    how can you not? it's the first thing you see, and your character is the one thing that sticks with you from start till end, you damn right the character is the most important thing.

baffles me how you can continuously update a game, spend thousands of man hours on zones and new stuff that most people will fly through liekly only once and never see again, yet the very character modells they will alwyas see, are not updated, yet you will update furbolgs and kobolds, find time to introduce 3 new races you design from scratch, yet still not bother to update the characters the majority of your players use.

no, not every new player wants to play a worgen or goblin or Panderan. Most actually wanna play a human or dwarf or elf or forsaken - at least most of my friends did.

10+ Year Old Account
    can I have your stuff?

Also, don't let the login screen hit you on the way out.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    dont get it are you complaining it gets boring to re level in wow? i have played lots of mmos and none have made me feel like to relevel up an alt but in wow i got 12 lvl 90s now. Wow is always uppgrading its game both in looks and models and its been said there working on uppgrading those models.

also your saying your not addicted yet but you cant stop playing a game you think sucks have crappy details and find nothing enjoyable about? Then when i tell you this i suppose iam a fanboy that cant take critism to my beloved wow
    Off-topic but I can't seem to level an alt in WoW and it's frustrating. The reason is because I always felt like I was wasting time if wasn't on my main and so now my main is so far beyong anything I could get on any alt that I can't stand to play alts.... I wish even more things were account-bound.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    rome wasn't built in a day.

sorting out the continuity of the storyline is gonna take months, if not years to work out, in fact, i'm not entirely sure blizzard can put the timeline straight. it is annoying whilst levelling, but tbh, levelling is only half the game, the other half is all end game - which is where this argument becomes moot. agreed, it's a deterrent to new players, but once you actually reach end level it no longer matters. it's also a by-product of being an mmo that has expansions and you have to appreciate where the storyline went throughout that previous content. totally agree the continuity is bad, but it's not gamebreaking.

new models are in the works, yes, the old models are kinda ugly by todays standards, but thats the whole point - these models are 8 years old and technology as well as computer art/animation has come a long way in those years.

main point is, most people play wow for the gameplay, the endgame raids and the overarching storyline, some of the lore is awesome - i totally appreciate that it's gonna be very confusing for new players to understand the lore when it's presented so haphazardly, but at the same time, confusion can cause intrigue and that can lead people to discovering wowpedia and all the books related to wow and the full wow storyline - it's a lot of information to digest whilst levelling, so sometimes you just need to go with the flow and worry about the finer details later.
    but what does end game matter if people don't get there because they got so put off by the bad plot line? it really was bad enough for people to quit, and to sour an old vet like me beyond repair.

you won't get to the lovely well talked about, well designed end game when you have to go through the horror and farce that is a good chunk of the levelling experience in level 60 to 80.

i shouldn't appear to be unreasonable , because i'm not being. it really is bad that. you can't put a product like that on the market and expect people to take it seriously. maybe your fanbase, who'd love you no matter what you do, but if you're expecting new people to get into you, you can forget it, it looks incredibly unprofessional no matter how welldone and wonderful your new end game is, it just smacks of incompetence and a general feeling of, if you can't be bothered to take your stuff seriously enough to present it well, then how can you expect us to think you're a credible game designer.

i kid you not.

lets see how many new players who have started since cataclysm have actually continued to play. I'm willing to wager if they are anything like my friends, levels 60 -80 and character models/animations were the biggest off putting things about warcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Off-topic but I can't seem to level an alt in WoW and it's frustrating. The reason is because I always felt like I was wasting time if wasn't on my main and so now my main is so far beyong anything I could get on any alt that I can't stand to play alts.... I wish even more things were account-bound.
    skipping guild raiding to level up all classes and now geting the wow exp at max level is the best thing i ever done in this game. Guild raiding honestly drains you away slowly and it feels like you never have time with anything else.

Questing to 90 takes like 3 days anyway, its hardly the point of the game. Nobody I know cares at all about any of the leveling content or the way its done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    how can you not? it's the first thing you see, and your character is the one thing that sticks with you from start till end, you damn right the character is the most important thing.

baffles me how you can continuously update a game, spend thousands of man hours on zones and new stuff that most people will fly through liekly only once and never see again, yet the very character modells they will alwyas see, are not updated, yet you will update furbolgs and kobolds, find time to introduce 3 new races you design from scratch, yet still not bother to update the characters the majority of your players use.

no, not every new player wants to play a worgen or goblin or Panderan. Most actually wanna play a human or dwarf or elf or forsaken - at least most of my friends did.
    do you actually realise how much time and man hours it takes to update 1 single player model?

as well as make them look and feel as similar to the original races...

if it were easy, dont you think we'd have them by now?

things like emote animations, dance animations, eating animations, mounted animations, walk, run, swim, smile, laugh, cry, etc etc.

then consider the amount of races - humans, gnomes, dwarves, elves, draenei, forsaken, tauren, troll, orc, bloodelf - thats 10 models, then times them by 2 for male/female versions. thats 20 new models. not forgetting the customisation options, up to 10 different faces, ears, noses, beards etc.

if blizzard put their entire art team to work on new models, sure we could have them in a couple of months, but then we wouldn't have any new content for those months, as all the new boss models, mob models, dungeon art and new zones/buildings for new expansions would be on hold.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    "I Quit" threads are not allowed here.

There is no real discussion to be had about your personal decision to leave the game, no matter how well-thought out your quitting post might be.