Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I want all the stories of all the important characters to progress - so yes.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    You mean like a little patience?

Blizz is pretty determined to make her seem incompetent, you'd think nelf fans would want to give her a break before sending her into the (character)slaughterhouse again.
    Yeah see that's the point. I want her to actually do something.

Give her sleeves and call it story progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Yeah see that's the point. I want her to actually do something.
    That was them attempting to have her do something, they're only gonna make it worse. I suggest backburner-ing the night elves until Blizz rotates the writers a bit and has someone else work on them that doesn't think aggressive = stupid.
    Twas brillig

You mean like a little patience?

Blizz is pretty determined to make her seem incompetent, you'd think nelf fans would want to give her a break before sending her into the (character)slaughterhouse again.
    I noticed that...
    Whats with that, isn't Tyrande supposed to be like really old and fairly wise?
    Not a blood crazed idiot?

Forgive me if she's actually really young and stupid, but I don't pay attention to her lore that much...
    Just seems a Nelf wouldn't be that reckless and need Varian to tell her not to charge...
    Seems it should be the other way around...

Actually... Would have been perfect the other way around...
    A wise elf counseling the king in time of battle...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Her story is spiraling into the Horde. She wants the throne, Muradin won't give it. So she joins the Horde to take it.

Dwarves go neutral along with BElves (high elves!)
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Her story is spiraling into the Horde. She wants the throne, Muradin won't give it. So she joins the Horde to take it.

Nah lor'themar and vol'jin will team to slap Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    I noticed that...
    Whats with that, isn't Tyrande supposed to be like really old and fairly wise?
    Not a blood crazed idiot?

Forgive me if she's actually really young and stupid, but I don't pay attention to her lore that much...
    Just seems a Nelf wouldn't be that reckless and need Varian to tell her not to charge...
    Seems it should be the other way around...

Actually... Would have been perfect the other way around...
    A wise elf counseling the king in time of battle...
    1. In WC3 Tyrande had a penchant for jumping into situations but she always had a -reason- for them and they generally panned out okay, and better than NOT taking the action.

Kill the watchers to free Illidan? Harsh, but Illidan kills Tichondrius.

Hold off an army of scourg with starfall? Bridge collapses but Kael and Maiev are safe.

The one thing that wouldn't have ultimately worked out better was her advocating not to work with the orcs and humans since the orcs killed cenarius and that wasn't 'dumb' that was just her not being a bloody mindreader and knowing Thrall wasn't the same kinda guy as Grom.

People have sort of twisted this into her being reckless and stupid though.

It doesn't really explain how a 10k year old leader would act 'like a warrior rather than a leader', and a member of a race based on ambushes and forested combat and such... would want to go charge in to a pretty obvious trap.

2. Having her counsel varian wouldn't have made sense since Varian's had like three stories now where the express purpose was teaching him to calm his ass down.

The scenario was basically flawed from the ground up.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 10:05 AM ----------

Muradin hasn't said anything about her one way or the other really, and she's done nothing that would indicate any willingness to work with the Horde.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    That was them attempting to have her do something, they're only gonna make it worse. I suggest backburner-ing the night elves until Blizz rotates the writers a bit and has someone else work on them that doesn't think aggressive = stupid.
    Tyrande served only to build up Varian's character. She didn't actually do anything.

bout time she deflected to the horde so we can have dwarves, the second most awesome race on wow

She wants the throne for her son, not herself. And the other dwarves have already agreed to that - the Council of Three Hammers is just there until he comes of age.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    bout time she deflected to the horde so we can have dwarves, the second most awesome race on wow
    Moira despises the Horde, according to her quotes. And now that the Blackrock orcs have joined the Horde (a long-time enemy of the Dark Iron clan) the animosities are very pronounced between Moira's people and the Horde as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    It won't happen unless the Dark Iron's join the horde as a new race. Which seems unlikely or just as likely as Belfs turning Alliance in terms of how the game works. But I wish it would happen. Alliance can finally kill the ... you know the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    It won't happen unless the Dark Iron's join the horde as a new race. Which seems unlikely or just as likely as Belfs turning Alliance in terms of how the game works. But I wish it would happen. Alliance can finally kill the ... you know the word.
    /2 wtt high elves for dark iron dwarves, pst

Deleted
    If story progression means I will see her and her bastard born son die in a fire, then yes.

Dark Iron dwarfes are scum and should be extinct after the war of the three hammers, nothing good will happen from her hands, nor her sons. Yes I judge the son of Dragan Thaurissan before he was born / now he is a baby.

Varian should have killed her when he had the chance too.

I'm confused, why don't people like Moira? The dwarf short story portrayed her as pretty calculating.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused, why don't people like Moira? The dwarf short story portrayed her as pretty calculating.
    I like her as in she's an interesting character, but I find her personality very unlikable.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    If story progression means I will see her and her bastard born son die in a fire, then yes.

Dark Iron dwarfes are scum and should be extinct after the war of the three hammers, nothing good will happen from her hands, nor her sons. Yes I judge the son of Dragan Thaurissan before he was born / now he is a baby.

Varian should have killed her when he had the chance too.
    Dude they have golems they're -awesome- one of the most interesting subraces ever. Why would you kick this fine story boostershot in the mouth?
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    Well lets get done with Moira's list and why she is of no worth.

Moira was not respected greatly by her father, because she was no man, thus he said she can't rule. She was then kidnapped by Dark Irons and fell in love to Dragan Thaurissan who listened to her, said she could rule like a man. Her father thought she was under a spell of the mage Thaurissan and did not accept the fact it was her free will.

Now we get to the dirty part, she refused to come back or even speak to her father, causing a rift between them. In the moment the throne is available and no one claimed it yet for Magni was turned into Diamond she pops out of no where, claims the Throne for her infant son Fenran Thaurissan. (Note she threw the name bronzebeard away, possibly to hurt her father and her heritage even more)

She ignores every political or traditional rite of the dwarfes and stays in Ironforge, bringin _hundreds_ of Dark Iron dwarfes back into Dun Morogh and the town.
    In the days after she closes the deep run tram, locks and tortures gryphons so no one can escape the city. Thus holding the complete capital hostage to her rebelling dark iron dwarfes who incite half of a civil war in Ironforge.

Besides that she holds Anduin Wrynn hostage too, who was learning from the dwarf highpriest Rohan.

The endresult: Varian Wrynn infiltrates together with SI:7 Ironforge, frees the city and misses the opportunity of killing her because his son intervenes.
    A few gryphons, dwarfes and gnomes died because of her for no good reason. Only the creation of the council of three hammers and Varians rescue she was stopped.

Tl:dr Moira Thaurissan is a stupid, greedy bitch.

PS: I don't have a problem particular with _all_ the Dark Irons, every race has its few different people. But the most of them follow Moira blind into every war she wanted, or do not care for Moira at all and start the civil war on they're own because they want to see every other dwarf burn.
    Last edited by mmoc574ef4f005; 2013-02-12 at 04:43 PM.

1. Generally people take the last names of the father, the idea she did this just to spite magni is ridiculous.

2. what political and traditional rites are those?

3. The anduin thing is fair.

4. So Varian should've killed her in front of her baby because she locked down the city? Seems a bit harsh.

5. I'm failing to see how this was stupid or greedy and not just ambitious.
    Twas brillig

Dude they have golems they're -awesome- one of the most interesting subraces ever. Why would you kick this fine story boostershot in the mouth?
    those golems are so cool, wish we had an actual engineer class who could make/ride those
    Last edited by Kavoo; 2013-02-12 at 08:13 PM.