Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I do one scenario a day on a dps character while I'm waiting for my Heroic daily to pop. If I'm Valour capped I don't even bother logging in on that character unless I'm raiding or someone needs some added firepower or enchants. At 40 points the first one is well worth doing (as it is the same as a second Heroic dungeon), but once those are done that's it.

I've got decent loot from them, but the boost to the loot came too late for my main, who DE'd the bracers that rained out of them.
    My DK alt has benefited though.

The Operation Shieldwall dailies were excellent, as they were broken up by story (but I was done with my other reps at that point - Anglers and Cloud Serpent both optional and proper last). Every couple of sets of dailies, you'd get some story, so there wasn't the same relentless grind that was Golden Lotus/Klaxxi then replaced by AC/SP (with an overlap of all 4 when you hit GL Revered).

Scenarios are a mild distraction that you say "Hi" at the start of and then proceed to do your job without a word, fully capable of soloing, and occasionally duo-ing the content. They are more predictable than dailies, and only the first one is more profitable in terms of VP per hour invested than dailies.

Having nothing to do is better than having dailies to do. Now, if they'd only make the good crafting patterns you get from reputation grinds drop in dungeons and/or raids then there really would be no need to get the rep. But since they won't, the daily grind still won't be optional

I like the focus on daily quests at the very least as a means for earning reputation. As I've said before in similar discussions I feel that the quests are a more immersive avenue than the tabard mechanic. Instead of simply representing a faction I feel like we actually work for the group we're trying to increase our standing with.

As means to acquire gear... I'm on the fence. I think it's a good gate to keep people from becoming geared too quickly. Not to sort out casuals and hardcore players but rather if gear was easily purchased through a traditional valor point vendor then I feel people would complain how gear was too easy to acquire and how quickly the raid tier was over because of it.

Like if you could just buy epics right off the bat, there would be no challenge but at the same time having to grind weeks worth of dailies seems daunting but we can't just put in tabards which again take away the challenge.
    "Enjoy your power"

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Having nothing to do is better than having dailies to do. Now, if they'd only make the good crafting patterns you get from reputation grinds drop in dungeons and/or raids then there really would be no need to get the rep. But since they won't, the daily grind still won't be optional
    It always has been optional, everything is optional because it's a game, don't be silly, You don't need the rep either, if you want the items from the rep, then you're choosing to get that rep to aquire those items, same with the Rep mounts etc, too many people cry about having to put tiny effort into getting these items they want, it's stupid really=/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

Who does dailies anyway>?

I think they should bring back faction tabards, BUT have a cap on how much rep you can get from them each day. So you can run heroics to get rep, do the dailies, or both if you want to hit exalted faster.

The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    I think they should bring back faction tabards, BUT have a cap on how much rep you can get from them each day. So you can run heroics to get rep, do the dailies, or both if you want to hit exalted faster.
    ive suggested this a few times on1 payed attention

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    For me the problem is I don't want to do these quests every day, as I have other games to play and I know at the time when I reach required reputation ranks I already have better items on from elsewhere.
    And this is where the idea that dailies are mandatory for gear falls apart. They're not and never have been. As for charms, you get a second bite at the apple but it's pretty arguable with a low percentage drop whether or not this makes a significant difference.

Scenarios are a great addition to the game and with the addition of getting some rep with your first one in MoP they're better than ever.

I don't mind dailies especially since there's such a wide variety of them to do. Anyone who tries to do all of them every day because they believe they have to is missing the point of why there are so many.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-02-12 at 04:53 PM.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Dailies shouldn´t be mandatory in any way. They should be there if you are bored after everything you have to do is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    I agree with this. Locking stuff like raid-level profession recipes and valor rewards exclusively behind valor gear was such a god awful decision. I could not, could not STAND how they removed valor rewards and locked gimped versions behind dailies. It such an unfathomably bad design choice and don't understand why anyone is surprised at the push back. Daily quests are the worst kind of chore, doing them with a group makes them harder half the time, and factoring in travel, waiting for mobs to drop items, it just takes entirely too much time every day to do those initial dailies. Locking Shado-Pan and August Celestials behind the worst grind out of all of them, with the worst quests and the least amount of fun, the Golden Lotus, remains a baffling choice.

Thankfully logic prevailed and now you get rep to buy valor items from bosses, not because you logged on and did something unfun for 40-80 minutes every day for a week. So much beter.

What a stupid stupid idea valor rewards gated behind dailies was. Completely friggin stupid. So glad they came to their senses because despite those blue posts, valor rewards behind dailies is a gigantic failure. Behind rep? Sure, but then give me a tabard. I'm not doing daily quests for the right to spend valor when every other incarnation of the game I played let me just go buy those rewards. It's such poor design. So bad. So very very bad