As a druid i often find myself grinding gear for an offspec. As boomkin, feral, resto and bear all have specific parts that dont work optimal for other specs. At the same time, all raid gear is tuned to be on par / equal to their cloth / leather / mail / plate counter parts. Basicly a fully 559 equiped DK should do aproximately the same damage as a 559 equiped mage, leaving class imbalance out of the question.
When u do both PvE and PvP, as a druid, I actually have to get 8 sets to perform optimal. 4 for pve specs, and 4 for pvp specs. Aint that a bit much? All that grinding and gearing leaves less time to enjoy actual content. And since RNG can be a bitch, you could be forever busy getting gear for all specs.
So here´s my suggestion: A Spec adjusting gear set that changes to its alternate spec counterparts. So lets say im 580 feral geared, when i change to boomkin, the gear changes to 580ilvl boomkin gear accordingly. IMO this would solve some problems (to a certain extend):
1. Endgame grind doesnt become such a bitch.
2. AFKing in battlegrounds wont happen as much
3. AFKing in LFR wont happen as much.
4. Being raid ready, thus more people raiding and more competition
5. More time to enjoy endgame content and other stuff to do.
6. More alternative specs and spec variation
7. More tanks and healers overall.
What do you guys think of this? Any pro´s or cons?