Thread: WoWDB Feedback

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Simply my biggest issue is that it offers nothing (or at least, very little that interests me, the casual user) that wowhead doesn't already offer and that's compounded by the fact that wowhead offers a fair bit that wowdb does not.

There is therefore, in my mind, absolutely no logical reason to be using it
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    It is there if you visit the front page, but not on the rest of the forum. I can see about getting it added to the forum.
    I actually wish there were links to most of MMO-Champions services on the forums, your talent calc is much better than Wowheads, (In my opinion, I like how clean your damage formula are) I love your Raid Comp tool as well as the Blue Tracker.

Maybe just add a dropdown on mouse over with links to all MMO-Champ services, like you have on WowDB so you don't have to remove all the forum specific stuff.
    Last edited by Zokudu; 2013-02-15 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokudu View Post
    I actually wish there were links to most of MMO-Champions services on the forums, your talent calc is much better than Wowheads, (In my opinion, I like that you have the base numbers in abilities) I love your Raid Comp tool as well as the Blue Tracker.

Maybe just add a dropdown on mouse over with links to all MMO-Champ services so you don't have to remove all the forum specific stuff.
    I'd like to mirror this, your raid comp (while less useful now) and your talent calculator should be promoted more, as should the DB if you want more people playing around with it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    I preff Wowhead, the black background is easier on the eye than the light background on WoWDB
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    2nd to mmo-champ i always go there for the news. Ive always used wowhead for items, quests, talent calculator and any other info. the only time i visit wowdb is through an mmochamp link then i immediatly look for the wowhead link, it might give the same info but i guess i trust it more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Wowhead background is black and much more relaxing for the eyes to view compared to WowDB
    These, i was thinking the same, also wowhead have way to many comments, pictures and information about items/archivements/npcs that help a lot when you want to know something about those things..

10+ Year Old Account
    More and more websites link to wowDB, but there's hardly any usefull info on the items that are linked. On wowhead, there are comments that usually help out. Maybe try to grab the comments from wowhead
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    wowdb is nice it has helped me create a bis list for every single spec in the game.

would be nice if you could inculde a comparrison tool like in wowhead.

really like the smooth simple desing of it.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    More and more websites link to wowDB, but there's hardly any usefull info on the items that are linked. On wowhead, there are comments that usually help out. Maybe try to grab the comments from wowhead
    Yeah, I don't think stealing comments from wowhead is the answer

MOAR CONTESTS.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I'd like to mirror this, your raid comp (while less useful now) and your talent calculator should be promoted more, as should the DB if you want more people playing around with it.
    I like to use Raid Comp when we Pug some dps in specs I don't know so I can tell my hunter what pet to bring.

People generally use these types of sites for the user-generated content.

I often look up a quest to get tips on the best way to complete it. Same for achievements and boss fights etc.

I would say you need to offer some serious incentive to users to get them interacting with the WoWDB site. The 3D viewer is another notable feature missing, but again that would only put you even with Wowhead in feature set but still far short of their user-content.

If a business wants to penetrate an established market you really need to be willing to throw serious capital at generating user loyalty. Contests, achievement system, cash prizes, corporate sponsorhip are probably all needed. And Wowhead is still a gorilla to overtake at this point.

WoWDB is an excellent copy of WoWhead, but at this point, you need to do something different and innovative in order to lure people in. Wowhead is already established so user comments will grativate heavily towards WoWhead, but don' think that can't change. You can attract new users by adding something new and different to your site and hevily advertising it. I have a few suggestions based on my frustrations from just finding information on WoWhead. Remember, you need to be different and better than WoWhead in order to attract users.

1. Mine/Herb map. Have a map with common nodes laid out, so the user can see where he or she wants to go. Advertise it heavily
    2. Character planner. Have a character planner for lvls 1-90. By character planner, I mean a full fledged one where you can choose gear, enchants, level, skills, and be allowed to view the combat ratings and combat %s. It would be an awesome feature that would make WoWdb unique.
    3. Profession guide! People go to wowhead for quests, professions, and gear. Having a profession leveling guide that is more detailed than the ones on wow-professions.com would make wowhead more unique. How can the guides be more detailed? More routes to 600 so people can plan around price gouging.
    4. Class specific tips and tricks to boss encounters. I understand Fatboss does their guide and icy-veins as well, but they are just general guides. People may want specific tips and having an aggregate site to assist players who are having difficulty adjusting to a specific encounter may draw more people in.
    Last edited by happyzod; 2013-02-15 at 07:44 PM.

Wowhead has had years to grow, I don't think wowdb is ever going to come even close to what wowhead has become. I totally respect the work you've done to build the wowdb up. But there is little point in really growing it when wowhead exists. I think curse needs to stop trying to control everything and just let other sites exist. But greed makes the world go round so what are ya gonna do?

Deleted
    Wowhead is older, well established since taking over thottbot way back when, easier on the eye and it has a loyal userbase. It won't be an easy task to take over, or even compete with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Model Viewer, I don't believe I've seen the viewer anywhere on WoWDB, if you do have that then disregard this but if you don't? Implement it, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Koper View Post
    I am Koper, one of the creators of WowDB.

I was wondering if the community had any input or feedback regarding the website, in particular:

• Is there a missing feature or information that you consider vital for a Wow database website?
    • Is there anything you consider annoying to use?
    • What kind of new filters, pages, or in general features you would like to have?

Any feedback in general is appreciated! I also wanted to point out that you can contact us at feedback@wowdb.com
    Let me try help as best I can:

*Missing a whole load of comment that WoWhead sadly isn't lacking of. While too many comments can become annoying there is a complete lack of any real input from the community.

*There is no 3D model viewer. While Wowhead may have a buggy one it works by and large allowing players not only to see the model but also to see it on characters.

*Wowhead is almost hard wired into the communities mind to use as a reference tool. That is something that will be hard to change

*Something like a changelog would be helpful. I miss knowing what actually was on my old t2 gear with all its bad stats and whatnot. Something akin to a tickable scale of change by patch.

*An easier link for usage would massively improve the usage it currently sees. Something that speeds the linking process like adding "@" to the items name then a dropped menu to add the correct item/ability/whatever was linked from the database. Something like this: I really like my @Yaungol Fire Carrier The menu would then prompt a selection from a menu. I would like that lots.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    I too sadly only ever visit wowdb due to the links posted here but use the wowhead link straight away.

Then again I hardly ever try new things, websites included.

Deleted
    every time i click on a link on the MMO-C front page and it takes me too WoWDB. the information found there leaves me unsatisfied, and then i wowhead it were most of the time you can atleast find 1-5 comments of which 1 often is already more valueable then what i found on WoWDB.

so far i wouldnt switch away from wowhead, it fills my needs and it does the job better then WoWDB atm.

Edit: also Wowhead their guides are a very good addition, both made by their staff members and especially from their user base.
    its something WoWDB completely lacks, and while i dnt say copy it. it might be a good idea too add something similiar too it.
    cause WoWDB is pretty chancelss in comparison of all the tools it offers (except talent calculator that one is very nice)
    Last edited by mmocf05b7cf06c; 2013-02-15 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    *An easier link for usage would massively improve the usage it currently sees. Something that speeds the linking process like adding "@" to the items name then a dropped menu to add the correct item/ability/whatever was linked from the database. Something like this: I really like my @Yaungol Fire Carrier The menu would then prompt a selection from a menu. I would like that lots.
    How about just pasting the link of the item page in? We could auto convert it to a nicely formatted link to the item with the item icon. Adding something that autosuggests in the post editor box would be a very significant amount of work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    I think curse needs to stop trying to control everything and just let other sites exist. But greed makes the world go round so what are ya gonna do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    It's a 100% money sink for the company and even if we added an ad slot somewhere it would still be a pretty huge money loss.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    How about just pasting the link of the item page in? We could auto convert it to a nicely formatted link to the item with the item icon. Adding something that autosuggests in the post editor box would be a very significant amount of work.
    The main issue with that is the level of tediousness for nett return. Running around trying to find the item, then the url then adding it takes time that frankly most people don't really bother with. I'll admit though I perfer linking via WoWDB because of the item/ability description that drops out with a mouseover. That for me is the main reason to use DB
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.