elvui panel textures

So I noticed the area where you can add textures to your chat panels a few days ago but I cannot figure it out. I added the .tga textures I want to use into the elvui texture folder like this

/Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/ElvUI/media/textures/bluecircles.tga

and I restarted my game after. Then I go in and put that in the "Panel Texture (left)" box but it just makes a green square show up in my left chat, not the texture. I also tried just doing "Interface/AddOns/ElvUI/media/textures/bluecircles.tga" but neither works. Is this b/c I'm on a mac? or am I doing something wrong?

Deleted
    Are you sure the tga file's dimensions are powers of two? That's a requirement if you want WoW to load the texture.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirrix View Post
    So I noticed the area where you can add textures to your chat panels a few days ago but I cannot figure it out. I added the .tga textures I want to use into the elvui texture folder like this

/Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/ElvUI/media/textures/bluecircles.tga

and I restarted my game after. Then I go in and put that in the "Panel Texture (left)" box but it just makes a green square show up in my left chat, not the texture. I also tried just doing "Interface/AddOns/ElvUI/media/textures/bluecircles.tga" but neither works. Is this b/c I'm on a mac? or am I doing something wrong?
    Make sure your image dimensions are a power of two like Treeston mentioned

256x128 or 512x256 are good dimensions for your image to fit inside the chat frame without becoming distorted.
    Last edited by Elv; 2013-02-12 at 05:26 PM.

Deleted
    Found this thread surfing the web for some nice textures for my own chat panels. Read the original post and realized I can help with this problem, for any others out there who might have this problem.

If you have a mac, and your paths are designed with / instead of \ you have to type in your path in ElvUI but with \.
    What Kirrix should have typed in would be:
    Interface\AddOns\ElvUI\media\textures\bluecircles.tga

Not Interface/AddOns/ElvUI/media/textures/bluecircles.tga
    Or /Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/ElvUI/media/textures/bluecircles.tga

EDIT* Yes i'm aware it's an old thread.