Thread: WoW Crashing

10+ Year Old Account

WoW Crashing

A friend of mine is having an issue, and I can get more info as needed.

Basically, during times of stress on wow (heavy pvp, heavy raids, large population) the game will just close. Not disconnect, not crash (at least no error report or 'send to blizzard' report). It just... closes, as if Alt+F4'd

He has since wiped and reinstalled Win7 64bit (I don't know if he's using WoW 64bit), updated all drivers, and is still having the same issue. He's using a liquid cooled system and states heat isn't an issue (however I have not had him check actual temperatures. I'm having him use hwmonitor to check temps and he'll get back to me next time it happens)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black
    RAM: 12GB DDR3 1600
    GPU: ATI 6950

As I write this, he's on vent saying it just closed while him and a friend were fighting a rare mob, so not a populated area. He said that's the first time it's closed outside of a raid or battleground.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    If is just started whis week, or this last two weeks, its probably because of a new virus that infects EXE files. Im having some computers to fix with that virus. Its not possible to clean it, you just have to delete the files, and it infects all EXE files on computer. So basically..if you get infected, you need to delete all programs (format), and download what you need again. To check it if its that virus, run this : http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/

The Virus its this one:

http://reports.antivirus-lab.com/296...n32-expiro-av/

10+ Year Old Account
    He says it's been happening for a couple months now, and a format did not fix the issue. I'll have him run that scanner, though.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Anny dust in the computer?
    10000000 of unnecessary programs running?

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    Anny dust in the computer?
    10000000 of unnecessary programs running?
    I recommend Game Booster for shutting down unnecessary programs.

OT:
    Has he done a full re-install on WoW or did he just copy it to say, External HDD when he did the Windows re-install?

Also are there any files appearing in the \World of Warcraft\Errors -folder?

10+ Year Old Account
    No unnecessary programs. The issue was still happening after the full reinstall, with just drivers, including wow clean reinstall. System is physically clean as well.

I'll check on the error folder.