Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    The area is filled with a previously undiscovered gas that causes hallucinations and mass memory wipes. When you enter the zone you think that everyone is a sith/jedi depending on your faction and you fight for your survival. You promptly forget about the gas as soon as you leave, which is why people keep wandering into it.
    rofl kitty

Edge the PvE area of the map(northern are) CAN be done without being flagged for PvP its the main daily area for the event. BUT the Southern are is PvP ONLY and will auto flag you for PvP to do the 2 missions down that area. they DO NOT need to be done if you DO NOT want to pvp but you will miss out on bout 600 rep passing them up.

there is no forced PvP in the Northern area of map BUT if you do the Southern area of the map FIRST you will still be PvP flagged when doing the Northern area and will be subject to enemy kills

when entering a auto pvp area you are given a 10second warning that you WILL be flagged for PvP (the 10 second thing)
    you WILL be flagged for PvP for 5min after leaving a pvp area, if you do NOT engage in PvP you will lose the flag (the 5min thing)

justification for the Southern PvP thing no its there if you want to do it BUT there are 2 missions that are PvP that grant more Gree rep. you want the rep do em if not then do the Northern area and be non flagged.

I assume the southern area is for those of us that missed the open world pvp days of ilum and this is their redesign for Ilum pvp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Oh really? I pretty much never PvP and I had just thought that they only removed the Valor requirement for gear that wasn't top tier. What is Valor required for now?
    Titles and wearing crafted pvp shells. Title (codex title) every 10 levels of Valor until 100.

Some crafted War Hero shells (crafted with WH appearance but sans mods/armorings etc) have still the requirement left on them. It's all cosmetic though. I have a Valor 62 toon atm wearing War Hero gear (WH gear used to be lvl 70 valor requirement).

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    No need anymore. They detached the valor requirement from PvP statted gear in the summer. Basically you just need the comms to buy the pieces, the valor stat is purely cosmetic (and used for gaining titles).

Have at it!!!
    SHHHWWWWWEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT thanks SOOOO much for that info man I am gonna love ilum all over again lol. I really did miss the open pvp taht was there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I assume the southern area is for those of us that missed the open world pvp days of ilum and this is their redesign for Ilum pvp
    This! I spent days in Ilum PvP'ing back in the day. I loved the old system despite the flaws. Happy to have some sort of Open World PvP back as noone I know ever vists the Outlaw's Den.

As for lore I guess it's the same reason given to Outlaw's Den. Flimsy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titles and wearing crafted pvp shells. Title (codex title) every 10 levels of Valor until 100.

Some crafted War Hero shells (crafted with WH appearance but sans mods/armorings etc) have still the requirement left on them. It's all cosmetic though. I have a Valor 62 toon atm wearing War Hero gear (WH gear used to be lvl 70 valor requirement).

Just one note on this, if you were a fan of the old Battlemaster armor shells, you do need a Valor rank of 60 to use those...and you have to find someone who bought and learned those patterns before they were taken off the market.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Is this the actual reasoning? !_!
    Haha, yes.

Totally kidding. I thought it was ridiculous enough to be true though
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Ahmg it's the Silence! (sorry couldn't resist)
    erhmagerd I'm working my way back from (new)season 1 for like the 3rd time. I can't wait to get back to Matt Smith episiodes. The silence, weeping angels, and all that jazz is superb. Not sure why Moffat gets such harsh criticism for his writing being so 'confusing'. I like my brain to work and I have started to think Matt might be my favorite doctor. As someone who was Tennant til the death, that's a pretty large accomplishment.

I purposefully stay out of the Who thread in OT just so I don't go on for hours ranting about that show. Love it way too much.
    BAD WOLF

Well now I'm disappointed... After checking the new items, almost nothing seems interesting enough to go do the new reputations... Oh well... Guess I'll pretend there was no patch...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    Well now I'm disappointed... After checking the new items, almost nothing seems interesting enough to go do the new reputations... Oh well... Guess I'll pretend there was no patch...
    I like the Gree rewards a bit but the rest are dire. Don't get me wrong, having another outlet to get custom armor is well and good but I'd hoped for some pizzaz. I would have thought that the Reputation system was precisely the place to put some statted rewards. Pseudo P2W items in the Cartel Market but 100% fluff in the Reputation system?

With luck something worth 'working' towards will be added.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With luck something worth 'working' towards will be added.
    The least they could do is add some cartel coins to the daily system with these new reps if they insist on only generating relevant content in the cash shop.

There are like 100 solutions to every problem they cause, but they are never willing to do them.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Tron armor and Mass Effect guns aren't enough!? Sheesh, some people are never satisfied. ; )

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Tron armor and Mass Effect guns aren't enough!? Sheesh, some people are never satisfied. ; )
    From what I read it's reskins of existing armor >.>

Items and Economy
    General

Item sell values and item repair costs now reflect the value of the items and any enhancements attached to them. Previously, items were incorrectly being valued without their enhancements.
    one wipe 8000-11000 credits. nice motivation to not suck in ops

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    I'm sure the armors will get bought but the one item I see many people trying to get is te BOL Hilt shell.

It will be the first item that would allow you to transfer hilts to alts.

Similar to the legacy crossbow(allowing you to transfer barrels) and the other BOL armors (like the sand people armor and containment armor sets) allowing you to transfer armors, mods and enhancements.

The hilt will be a main reason to get the rep if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    From what I read it's reskins of existing armor >.>
    Yeah, they're Operative PvP Starter gear with neon lights. It still looks cool though, and I can see my Shadow looking super snazzy in it.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Yeah, they're Operative PvP Starter gear with neon lights. It still looks cool though, and I can see my Shadow looking super snazzy in it.

*pics*
    I love the way it looks....reminds me of Tron. Cant wait for get it for my Sniper.

I felt like they should have added a few more sets instead recolored skins of the same type of armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunstrider View Post
    I love the way it looks....reminds me of Tron. Cant wait for get it for my Sniper.

I felt like they should have added a few more sets instead recolored skins of the same type of armor.
    yeah, it would have been good if these would actually all the normal pve sets from the different classes with such recolour. It would also fit the "by gree technology enhanced armor" stample that they promoted :/ Dont want to look like an recoloured agent

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers