Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    What? I am truly sorry for your lots.
    Best part is I'm in college not made a single friend. I don't even know any body name here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Best part is I'm in college not made a single friend. I don't even know any body name here.
    Go outside of your dorm room?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay beside my mother and grandmother I talk to zero females hell even males. Last time I had a friend was 8 years ago.
    Damn yeah you got me beat i at least had a male friend when i was 18...So like 4-5 years of not even beig around women(family aside) and maybe 1-2 times with a friend IF THAT.

So yeah maybe try finding someplace you feel safe/comfortable and go from there. If not that then internet. Use it to try and make more female acquaintances/friends. From there it SHOULD get easier.

Though i still need the more comfortable place to really be social.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 05:44 PM ----------

Doesn't help everyone.

I looking back had a woman flirting with me in class once(i always held the door open so i;m guessing that's why) now i was so unpracticed at talking to women that you may have guessed it "foot in mouth disease" i wound up talking like she was a guy and freaked her out...never spoke to me again LOL.

It really may be more a baby steps thing in his case. Extreme cases like his and what i had may be rare but they DO exist and it can take some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stand on your desk and yell 'COME AT ME LADIES'

...I don't know being a girl myself I tend to just use the 'hey, I have ovaries, you have ovaries, we can totally talk about that, let us begin'.

Observe some girls and see if any of them are doing anything you think you might have a wealth of knowledge stashed away to talk about, and... go for it.
    Worst case scenario is: She 'mm hmms' and doesn't focus on you speaking. Sucks but... either try again later or try another. I tend to play a few games on my laptop around, that leaves an easy opening for the type of guy I'd like to talk about stuff with. But most girls will be more subtle about their interests. Just try. That's all you can do.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Beer...in copious amounts.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Practice talking to girls online, or get a hobby that brings you around girls and start of with talking to them as much as you feel you can.

If that doesn't work take acting lessons then create a character named Rock Kickass and act as him while you go talk to chicks.(pick real name if your serious about this tho)

Only time this dorm room is left is to go class or to eat. I don't really have anywhere to go so yeah....

15+ Year Old Account
    Only time this dorm room is left is to go class or to eat. I don't really have anywhere to go so yeah....
    Where are you going to school?

Nowhere to go? What? Join a coed dorm sport activity, go study at the library, ask if you can sit with someone random and strike up a conversation when you eat, go to sporting events, ask to tag along if your dorm-mates are going to a party, etc etc etc.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you interact with people? do you have social anxiety disorder?(i think thats what its called.) is that why?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

Nowhere to go? What? Join a coed dorm sport activity, go study at the library, ask if you can sit with someone random and strike up a conversation when you eat, go to sporting events, ask to tag along if your dorm-mates are going to a party, etc etc etc.
    Interestingly enough I have a room-mate. The only time we talk is if we need to turn the lights on or off. It always pretty awkward in here. As for going places well I tried at the beginning of the year.I went to few activities even went to the school anime club. I always sat alone and no body talked to me so I stop. Also I have no problem talking. So no I don't have an anxiety disorder.

I forgot, girls like it when you fart during conversations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I forgot, girls like it when you fart during conversations.
    as a girl, I do it all the time too. I just make mine silent. When someone asks "whats that smell?" then I know I've done my job correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    as a girl, I do it all the time too. I just make mine silent. When someone asks "whats that smell?" then I know I've done my job correctly
    For me, the louder, the nastier, the better. If the stench enters your mouth during speech, you've succeeded in your goal, you will probably be getting laied right there on the spot.

You walk up to her, and you start talking. Not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    For me, the louder, the nastier, the better. If the stench enters your mouth during speech, you've succeeded in your goal, you will probably be getting laied right there on the spot.
    What in the world....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    ... Why do people need advice talking to women? They're humans, they don't have any unique access protocols you need to follow >_>
    I think it has something to do with talking to someone who might end up as your partner if you do it right. "Doing it right" is what makes it different than just talking to anyone. Doesn't have to be a partner either, might be just a casual hookup for a one-night-stand.

The key is to eliminate anxiety. Practice by try to make a good impression with people who you don't give a damn if they have a good impression of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Practice talking to girls online, or get a hobby that brings you around girls and start of with talking to them as much as you feel you can.

If that doesn't work take acting lessons then create a character named Rock Kickass and act as him while you go talk to chicks.(pick real name if your serious about this tho)

This is probably some of the better advice here.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Stand on your desk and yell 'COME AT ME LADIES'

...I don't know being a girl myself I tend to just use the 'hey, I have ovaries, you have ovaries, we can totally talk about that, let us begin'.

Observe some girls and see if any of them are doing anything you think you might have a wealth of knowledge stashed away to talk about, and... go for it.
    Worst case scenario is: She 'mm hmms' and doesn't focus on you speaking. Sucks but... either try again later or try another. I tend to play a few games on my laptop around, that leaves an easy opening for the type of guy I'd like to talk about stuff with. But most girls will be more subtle about their interests. Just try. That's all you can do.
    And yep try and find some with similar interests as well. Internet also helps.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 06:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

Not everyone enjoys partying. Some find them honestly more annoying then almost anything.

Deleted
    Maybe 1 out of 20 people give decent advice here, OP has no use for "act like you always would"...

I'd do what some random guy here mentioned...practice with guy friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interestingly enough I have a room-mate. The only time we talk is if we need to turn the lights on or off. It always pretty awkward in here. As for going places well I tried at the beginning of the year.I went to few activities even went to the school anime club. I always sat alone and no body talked to me so I stop. Also I have no problem talking. So no I don't have an anxiety disorder.
    Yeah my local anime club wasn't that good either.

Geekier folks like us honestly have a harder time cause we don;t have a place of our own to go to meet people. So we get the same old "go to the bar, ask about parties, just go do it" and all of that stuff. Doesn;t help when pretty much all of those have their reasons for not working.

Heh i REALLY should just try and start that local business i came up with the idea for.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Maybe 1 out of 20 people give decent advice here, OP has no use for "act like you always would"...

I'd do what some random guy here mentioned...practice with guy friends.
    That can definitely help to start but not as much with women as you might think if the OP is even slightly like me(which it sounds like he is) then that WILL help but not as much with women.