Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just be confident and playful, don't ever find yourself in the friend zone

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Women are people too, ya know.
    Could have fooled me

Anyway; You should just surway the situation, if she is sitting alone, to sit next to her and and ask if it's ok to sit there, and do it anyway.
    Remember to smile and just talk to her like you would talk to a guy.

Sounds to me like the OP has a problem starting and keeping conversations going.

Now if you can find yourself a talker, by that I mean a person that talks alot to in and everyone, they can help in starting conversations and filling in any slow parts to keep them going.

Now if you can not find a talker you just going to have to work on your people skills a little bit at a time. Most people like to talk about themselves so try am move the conversation so that the other person is talking and you can just add in when there is something you know about or have an interest in. Just remember to listen and look interested in what they are saying.

just pretend that you know one of them "mistake her for some1 you know" :P and when you "realize" it's not "her" just ask what school they went to before etc, and don't act weird, just let the conversation flow from there, and most of all, act confident. did this once for fun just to show one of my friends how easy it would be to get to know some random girls. asked him to point me in a direction to a group of girls and BAM, proved him how easy it was just star of with something like; "Sarah, wow, that's a long time no see. what have you done since "insert school name wich you actually went to before". then she'll probably reply with something like "ehm, i'm not sure if you are talking to the right person here", then you act surprised and just ask them about their names, tell them yours and just ask if it would be ok by them if you take a seat. then just go with the flow. GL, m8
    oh and btw, there is a chance that you will meet a gamer. if you do, don't fall in the trap and start talking about how much you actually play yourself, but if she's into it, by all means, share some, but keep it small. nothing says "STAY AWAY" more than a hardcore gamer wich playes like 8hrs or more each day :P there's nothing wrong about lying just a little
    Last edited by dar0; 2013-02-12 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Sounds to me like the OP has a problem starting and keeping conversations going.

Now if you can find yourself a talker, by that I mean a person that talks alot to in and everyone, they can help in starting conversations and filling in any slow parts to keep them going.

Now if you can not find a talker you just going to have to work on your people skills a little bit at a time. Most people like to talk about themselves so try am move the conversation so that the other person is talking and you can just add in when there is something you know about or have an interest in. Just remember to listen and look interested in what they are saying.

Yeah i'm a bit of a "Talker" as you put it. Though i need to be comfortable/like who i'm with for it to happen. But pretty much.

Just find places to get practice.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 06:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dar0 View Post
    just pretend that you know one of them "mistake her for some1 you know" :P and when you "realize" it's not "her" just ask what school they went to before etc, and don't act weird, just let the conversation flow from there, and most of all, act confident. did this once for fun just to show one of my friends how easy it would be to get to know some random girls. asked him to point me in a direction to a group of girls and BAM, proved him how easy it was just star of with something like; "Sarah, wow, that's a long time no see. what have you done since "insert school name wich you actually went to before". then she'll probably reply with something like "ehm, i'm not sure if you are talking to the right person here", then you act surprised and just ask them about their names, tell them yours and just ask if it would be ok by them if you take a seat. then just go with the flow. GL, m8
    LOL i actually met a good guy friend from this HONESTLY happening. I really did think he was someone else LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    Afaik, there's no knowhow in chit chat. Random subjects come up whenever they feel like.
    Oh you'd be amazed. There's actually a whole "study" devoted to it. Although it is a study on how to pick up women but it's a study still! And it covers the aspect of chit chat.

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Oh you'd be amazed. There's actually a whole "study" devoted to it. Although it is a study on how to pick up women but it's a study still! And it covers the aspect of chit chat.
    Picking up women and just talking to them are completely different things though.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Demonstrate higher value. Trial and error is the best way to learn. From personal experience, if your approach is too strong, then a girl goes on the defense. Make the approach casual, as if you're not interested in approaching her, you only did it because you had a genuine question and she just happened to be the most convenient person to ask. Then weave in threads of conversation.

Ex: Boy: "Hey, would you mind keeping an eye on my bag while I run to the rest room?//Do you have the time?// Quick question, do you think that flowers on a first date that happens to land on valentines day is too much?"

Girl: "blah blah" (not important what she says, but pay attention to it because you learn a lot about someone based on their responses)

Boy: "oh sweet, thanks for info/input/advice. (Add interesting topic) hey, I just noticed that you're wearing a ring on your index finger. You know, you can tell a lot about someone based on that...(tell a story)"

Bam. You've approached her without scaring her off, and you added in a fun fact, etc.

Ultimately, as many other people have stated on this thread, its about confidence. Own up to what you say, and don't give off any nervous energy or an unsure vibe. Best way to do this is to tell yourself you have zero interest in the girl, or how it turns out - because with each interaction you learn what works.

Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow I hate these threads... Why do people act like it's some challenge to talk to a girl??? Why is there a problem in your brain that makes it easy to talk to guys, but when it's a girl, you can't think of anything to say??? Act like it's a dude and you win... no more stuttering. Jesus... it's like people act like this is one of lifes many questions... "why are girls are difficult to talk to??" They're not, you're just making it difficult with all the ridiculous ideas floating around in your head.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talk to them like any other male or human? Girls/Women aren't some mythical creatures...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yeah i'm a bit of a "Talker" as you put it. Though i need to be comfortable/like who i'm with for it to happen. But pretty much.

Just find places to get practice.

I am a talker as well and you will be surpised at the places you can practice talking to people. If I am in the store I will talk to the people working there, like the cashiers. Nothing fancy just a simple "How are you doing", a smile, and maybe a little joke or two. That is enough to get a conversation going and make the other person's day. If you out to dinner ask your waiter what dish they like the most or how a dish you ordered tastes, depending on their reaction you can comment on if you think they like it or not. As long as they are positive most comments are welcome from people, you see a super awesome hair style/ color comment on it. You notice a funky looking piece of jewelry or tattoo, comment on it.

The biggest part of talking is getting over the fear of being rejected. There are just some people that do not want to talk to me and when I find people like that I don't take it personally.

Deleted
    Don't bother. Just concentrate on your education, get a good (well paid) job and then the women will come after you (whilst fantasizing about your bank balance).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Wow I hate these threads... Why do people act like it's some challenge to talk to a girl??? Why is there a problem in your brain that makes it easy to talk to guys, but when it's a girl, you can't think of anything to say??? Act like it's a dude and you win... no more stuttering. Jesus... it's like people act like this is one of lifes many questions... "why are girls are difficult to talk to??" They're not, you're just making it difficult with all the ridiculous ideas floating around in your head.
    Because it ISN'T for some of us.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 07:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    I am a talker as well and you will be surpised at the places you can practice talking to people. If I am in the store I will talk to the people working there, like the cashiers. Nothing fancy just a simple "How are you doing", a smile, and maybe a little joke or two. That is enough to get a conversation going and make the other person's day. If you out to dinner ask your waiter what dish they like the most or how a dish you ordered tastes, depending on their reaction you can comment on if you think they like it or not. As long as they are positive most comments are welcome from people, you see a super awesome hair style/ color comment on it. You notice a funky looking piece of jewelry or tattoo, comment on it.

The biggest part of talking is getting over the fear of being rejected. There are just some people that do not want to talk to me and when I find people like that I don't take it personally.
    LOl same here for the stores and i do compliment people on occasion.

But it's more then that fear when i;m not comfortable and it's taken some time to do that. Where my advice comes from. I also have some introverted traits...it;s strange but i do. I can't stand the whole part/ar scene i;d rather be with close friends a small number of people just having fun/being nerdy.

What i can't stand are all these people acting like it;s no big deal AT ALL when for some IT IS. Everyone is different and for some even talking to other people period is a big deal i have been there so i get it. But alot of people it seems can't.

I'm a reformed social anxiety sufferer.

It's all about shoulders, eyes, and teeth.
    Stand up straight and appear confident. Even if you're not feeling confident at that moment. I'm not saying walk around like Mr. CoolGuyQuarterback from all those teen movies. Just don't slouch. (shoulders).
    Make eye contact, but look away from time to time. Don't look down, though. (eyes)
    Smile while you talk. Show your teeth when you smile. It changes the way your words sound, and how they are received. Many people dislike their smile, do it anyway. (teeth)

Practice this. A lot. When out in public (heck, it can be Walmart - doesn't matter where), smile at people. Your first instinct will be to look away when someone looks at you. Don't. Smile. Hold eye contact for a moment. If they smile back: SUCCESS. If they don't: SUCCESS, you still did the exercise.
    Getting used to other people's attention is part of the experience.

Once this isn't brutally uncomfortable, try paying passing compliments to people. "Great Jacket" is a good one. It's innocuous and you can use it on anyone. Three quick syllables. Throw that one out to someone your mom's age. You'll get a great reaction! Just make eye contact, smile, say it and keep walking. You'll be making her day.

I try to avoid the obvious. Like if a woman is wearing a really short/tight dress, I'll compliment anything but the dress. "Awesome watch." She wore the dress for attention, but you complimented her watch? She will remember you.

Anyway, that's getting far ahead of things. Just remember that social skills can and will be learned if you try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Warning: do not post off topic or you will be infracted. Just putting this out there because so far this thread is filled with completely irrelevant and off topic posts that have nothing to do with anything.

Too be honest..single them out..be like hey my names "rapist" whats yours?
    So hows your day going so far. try to be friendly and less awkward

Always try looking your best...clean hair,clean teeth and smelling good and looking good..none of that cheap axe sh*t

If she seems interested or friendly. after the next couple of days..be like i don't mean to come off strong..but can i get your number?

ALWAYS BE CONFIDENT BUT NOT COCKY

Deleted
    Thread: How do i talk to girls.
    With your mouth. Duh.

Infracted: Please refrain from posting in a way that doesn't add anything to the discussion and doesn't answer the OP's question while only serving to mock their question.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-02-12 at 08:33 PM.

Don't treat girl like some goddess and you're fine. That's the most common mistake guys make.

internet is your friend.

no rlly it is

or do just as almost every1 pointed out. GO talk to them. and ye be honest most normal girls respect that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Right..but it kinda is the off topic forum..so..can you get infracted by going off topic in the off topic forum? Wouldn't we rather risk getting infracted for staying on topic? It is a great mystery and I dare risk an infraction for asking this....
    The "off topic" in the name of the forum refers to the fact that this forum is for anything not related to WoW, computers, other games, and all of those things for which we have other off topic forums. "Posting off topic" refers to posting that doesn't contribute absolutely anything to the discussion, doesn't answer the OP's question, or is a classical case of spam.