Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Good idea/Bad idea. Flowers for a friend.

Alright MMO-fos, here's the situation.

Me and this girl tried to date awhile back, but it didn't work out due to time and other stuff (Not important). Anyways, we became friends again recently and I'm considering sending her some flowers for valentines day (Nothing red and heart throbbing) but just something as a nice gesture for her. I'll probably put a riddle for her so she has to figure out who actually sent them (she likes that kind of stuff).

Thoughts? Stupid? Waste of time? Let me know what you think!

P.S. Money isen't an issue and I was honestly just doing this to give her a good day at work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing over the top. On Valentine's Day, I buy a single rose for several women.

Deleted
    If you do it, do not be surprised if you have to knock her back later and tell her you just want to be friends. Something like that may end up doing more harm than good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea.. I would go for it.
    No guts, no glory...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well since you dated and are just good friends I would not do it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Dated= went on like 3 dates, made out twice. Got busy with life and junk and that's all she wrote haha.

Soo I guess a literal "Dated" not like bf/gf.

Seems like it could go over poorly. She might think you are still interested. Even if you say you aren't, it's like, is he just saying that to save face?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Yeah given the situation probably not wise, you'd be sending very mixed signals which could lead to awkwardness.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

If you know her well enough and you're close enough as friends, yeah.

Just go with a single flower, not a rose and not red. Yellow flowers are usually associated with friendship.

Nope, don't do it. You might see it as a nice gesture for her to get something nice while she's at work, however she will see it as this guy still likes likes me...hmmm. Unless, you know, that's what you actually want and you don't want to be just friends. Situations where flowers are useful = death, extremely sick in hospital, or let's have sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Safehaven View Post
    Nope, don't do it. You might see it as a nice gesture for her to get something nice while she's at work, however she will see it as this guy still likes likes me...hmmm. Unless, you know, that's what you actually want and you don't want to be just friends. Situations where flowers are useful = death, extremely sick in hospital, or let's have sex.
    lol cmon , i give flowers for birthday , Mother day and valentine day to the people i care , don't over think.
    If she a good friend , she will appreciate it.
    My main language is not english , feel free to send me a PM if i made errors that bother you , i shall try to correct it next time!
    www.Joethejoe.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forfax View Post
    lol cmon , i give flowers for birthday , Mother day and valentine day to the people i care , don't over think.
    I mean its one way to fuck up a friendship, somebody you say you are just friends with sending them flowers on Valentines day, a lovers holiday.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verksus View Post
    Dated= went on like 3 dates, made out twice. Got busy with life and junk and that's all she wrote haha.

Soo I guess a literal "Dated" not like bf/gf.
    Do you want to be more then friends? Send them for V-day.

Dont want to be more then friends? Send them in March.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forfax View Post
    I appreciate you giving woman more credit - dont - trade secret - we look into everything, I mean everything.

We as a whole generally over analysis the bajesus out of any situation. Men tend to be straight and narrow, woman hence our curves we are all over the damn place.

Quote Originally Posted by Osyrus View Post
    Do you want to be more then friends? Send them for V-day.

Dont want to be more then friends? Send them in March.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 12:29 PM ----------

I appreciate you giving woman more credit - dont - trade secret - we look into everything, I mean everything.

We as a whole generally over analysis the bajesus out of any situation. Men tend to be straight and narrow, woman hence our curves we are all over the damn place.
    it can't be that bad , why would you have the need to investigate every little detail.
    Sending flowers doesn't mean ''' I know it didn't work-out between the two of us , but please give me one me try , i want is you''

Sending flower in my perception is a sign of friendship and respect.

Perhap it is different for everyone.
    My main language is not english , feel free to send me a PM if i made errors that bother you , i shall try to correct it next time!
    www.Joethejoe.weebly.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Yellow is supposed to signify friendship if you want to go that route. I did buy a friend a yellow rose once, in High School. I think it made her boyfriend slightly uncomfortable, but she liked it.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2013-02-12 at 05:51 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I mean its one way to fuck up a friendship, somebody you say you are just friends with sending them flowers on Valentines day, a lovers holiday.
    I will give to you that the date is not really appropriate , but in general it shouldn't , sending flower to someone shouldn't be a big deal.
    I don't understand how you can make thousand scenario out of such little thing o_0.
    www.Joethejoe.weebly.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you WANT to be more now... don't send flowers, but if you insist, the above poster already stated it.

Yellow flowers indicate friendship. Keep it simplistic and platonic and most women will get the message based on the colour and arrangement.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Unless you WANT to be more now... don't send flowers, but if you insist, the above poster already stated it.

Yellow flowers indicate friendship. Keep it simplistic and platonic and most women will get the message based on the colour and arrangement.
    This is true. but not all woman will know the color yellow.

Believe it or not.

Sounds like you're already firmly in the friend zone.

Given that there are 3 billion+ other females on the planet I'd maybe send to someone who is a more likely candidate. Don't send them anonymously either unless you just want to waste money.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a nice idea, but the result would be weird......
    Howay the lads!