Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Razer Naga - is it worth it ?

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Naga-Spe...rds=razer+naga

I currently have a normal optical mouse and I am thinking of buying the above linked one.

Has anyone who has Razer Naga found it to be worth its price ? (i.e whether their programmable mouse buttons really made your gameplay better)

Deleted
    after about a year the buttons will break.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by halax View Post
    Yes all Razer's have this problem....

OT: i'm happy i have mine it works perfectly! I just have the normal one though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a Logitech G600 instead, more buttons than a naga, and much easier to 'feel' your way around them. Also a 3rd mouse button make sa great mod key..
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

I have had my Naga for 2 and it is the best MMO Mouse I have ever used. On the down side, it does take a little bit to get used too though. Use the little sticker buttons that come with it on a few "Reference" buttons and that will speed the process along. I did about a days worth of dalies and was cooking with grease after that.

I wa sceptical about the naga when it came out thought the buttons would be too small or that I would never use them all and there are a couple that aren't used as often for me because of their placement in relation to my thumb not being a contortionist. But I had a friend at the local electronics store who helped knock off a hefty portion of the mark up so i ended up getting a Naga epic for around $90 and after the frustrations of installing and reinstalling drivers which after a year of having it I had to do again for some unkown reason(they were not updated since the last time) Once you get use to it you'll love it it makes things easier and it frees up the keyboard for other key binds as you see fit or you can keep your keyboard the same and add 12 new keybinds to the mouse. Only real problem I have with it is would be the fact that once you get use to it it feels like it rewires your brain and gaming without it becomes quite difficult.

TLR Great mouse good functionality, drivers can have problems, becomes more of a crutch than an advantage can't game without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved mine! For around 3 months... then it broke for no apparent reason. Same with my keyboard. Was not impressed, given I had spent $85 on the mouse and $100 on the keyboard.

Well, I have loved mine for about 3 years now... The buttons can definitely take some getting used to, but it gives you so many readily available hotkeys that it really can be worth the effort. I have 48 hotkeys i can use without stretching or moving my hands: 1-5, shift 1-5, mouse 1-12, shift+mouse 1-12, ctrl+mouse 1-12, and alt+mouse 1-12. That is actually the maximum number of hotkeys wow will support at one moment.
    In my case, I have my alt modified buttons set as the different raid markers, so you do not have to limit the buttons to just normal abilities either.

Just keep in mind that the numpad keys that the side buttons default to don't work well with modifiers so you may have to reassign them. in my case i have them set to:
    , . / ; f12 [ ] - = \ num+ num-
    That lets me use every key, with each modifier. And if you still need more for some reason you can also use combined modifiers such as alt+shift+mouse 1.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Get a Logitech G600 instead, more buttons than a naga, and much easier to 'feel' your way around them. Also a 3rd mouse button make sa great mod key..
    i love my g600. i actually hate the 3rd button and the extra width it brings, but the rest of the mouse is amazing
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

No, No and NO
    I can't emphasize my no as much as I want to.

I bought that exact same mouse a while ago and replaced it with a logitech g500 within 2 weeks.
    It is wasn't about the quality of the mouse. Buttons were fine.

What drove me crazy is - yeah you have 12 buttons on the side. But those represent literally buttons 1-0 on the keyboard. They aren't "Extra" buttons. They are copies of keyboard buttons.
    They way WoW works you will have a hell of a time figuring out how to macro all of that together.
    What you were hoping to be "Shift-extra button one" turns into "Shift-the number one on your keyboard" which i'm guessing is already bound to an action.

The software is also amazingly clunky.
    Let me repeat my emphasis.
    The 3 buttons on my logitech side give me 9 possible combinations of NEW keys.
    The 12 buttons on the razr give you ZERO possible combinations of NEW keys.

I can not imagine a game where that mouse would be useful.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halax View Post
    welcome in the magical world of Razer, where everything is overpriced and breaks easily

Quote Originally Posted by jschulth View Post
    No, No and NO
    I can't emphasize my no as much as I want to.

I bought that exact same mouse a while ago and replaced it with a logitech g500 within 2 weeks.
    It is wasn't about the quality of the mouse. Buttons were fine.

What drove me crazy is - yeah you have 12 buttons on the side. But those represent literally buttons 1-0 on the keyboard. They aren't "Extra" buttons. They are copies of keyboard buttons.
    They way WoW works you will have a hell of a time figuring out how to macro all of that together.
    What you were hoping to be "Shift-extra button one" turns into "Shift-the number one on your keyboard" which i'm guessing is already bound to an action.

The software is also amazingly clunky.
    Let me repeat my emphasis.
    The 3 buttons on my logitech side give me 9 possible combinations of NEW keys.
    The 12 buttons on the razr give you ZERO possible combinations of NEW keys.

I can not imagine a game where that mouse would be useful.
    You serious? You can flip a switch on the naga to make it use the Num Pad. I seriously doubt anyone uses the num pad. Even if they did, you can go in the software and rebind each key to a random other key. And you can also use modifiers for each and every one.

48 possible new combinations just based off the side of the mouse with single modifiers...
    Last edited by deltons; 2013-02-12 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    I have Razer Naga Epic, I think I've had it over a year, works perfectly, best product I've ever bought I think, really useful, it's nice to be able to have 1-´ plus all the 12 keys with modifiers, even though I don't use that many

I literally don't know how to key bind without it. I've tried and tried, but I never understood key binding on the keyboard. The Naga makes it possible for me to key bind and not suck so much. If you are good with the keyboard, I think it will still improve your gameplay tremendously. It's very easy to use and then you have your left hand free for movement and easier key binds and also modifiers (QERTFXCV etc.).
    Torque, Guardian of Cenarius

I've had mine for quite some time and it has yet to be broken - same with my brother. The button's are reacting the same way they have been since I got the mouse.

Personally, I really enjoy having it.

I used to be a razer naga fan, but then I bought a logitech600. Especially if you have big hands don't waste your money on a naga, you will eventually regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by deltons View Post
    You serious? You can flip a switch on the naga to make it use the Num Pad. I seriously doubt anyone uses the num pad. Even if they did, you can go in the software and rebind each key to a random other key. And you can also use modifiers for each and every one.

48 possible new combinations just based off the side of the mouse with single modifiers...
    I also have a hard time believing you need 48 keybinds in this game.
    At max lvl with rotations I think the most keys people use for their role is still under 10.
    Add cooldowns, maybe a mount, maybe even a target mark.
    After you get past your standard keybinds (non mouse around your movement fingers on the keyboard) there is no way you need 48 keys bound. Unless you are binding food/drink/bags/character screen/stupid chat macro's/etc inifity list.
    You should really ask how many keys you might actually need binding.
    For me it was under 9.
    For others (assuming keyboard turners) it might be more.

I have a Naga, and have used it daily in various games for several years. There is a period of adjustment to all the new buttons, but like someone said, just put some reference stickers on(I did 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11) and you'll be good to go.

I was /facepalming when the poster was talking about the 'no new keys' thing. Glad someone else mentioned that there's a toggle switch on it for keyboard vs numpad. Only game that's been an issue with is Diablo 3 for me, and probably because I never changed my in-game keybinds to match it. /shrug

Get it. Use it. Love it. I don't think I could ever tank on my warrior without one now. Don't worry about an epic or wireless or anything, either. The Naga is all you need.

I have found it to be worth the price. I have 2 (well one is my brothers) both for a year and half and they still works perfectly.
    I would suggest being gentle with it though. Smashing buttons when enraged are a large cause of broken gamepads/keyboards/mouse/, so if you rage a lot when gaming you might want to try something else as the num-pad can't withstand heavy abuse.
    Judging from the context in some (not all) of the others posts alone that try to present it in a non constructive straw mans argument can easily be identified as possible ragers themselves, so it's evident that their Naga may of only lasted a few months.

A few things I found to be of a slight annoyance with it however is that the num-pad is actually clear plastic painted with a solid black from the outside so that the light inside can show through the little clear numbers. What happens after a year (or possibly less) is the paint begins to wear off from use and the light starts showing through the areas where the paint was worn away.
    A second problem is sweat build up in the num-pad. It's really disgusting and hard to clean in between the cracks.
    A third problem is the scroll wheel. It really depends on your luck, but some come with a perfectly silent scroll wheel while others have one that's loud.
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-02-12 at 05:52 PM.

overrated mouse and anything you buy from razer usually breaks really fast so don't bother