Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halax View Post
    after about a year the buttons will break.
    I've had my Razer Naga for just under 2 years now, only thing wrong with it is the mouse cord protective material frayed away a bit - from rubbing on a sharp corner of my table though.

It's worth it, many more keybinds too.

I used the standard Naga for a while and it was ok. Too many buttons though. I switched to the Naga Hex and haven't been happier.

I'm on my 3rd Naga is 2 years because they break easily. One the connection died, the other the right click died. Logitech just came out with thre won version of the Naga, it's very nice.

My Razer has always been kinda funny. It works, don't get me wrong, but here's my gripes:

1)- When I plug it into my laptop, it takes a very long time before it tracks. This is the case for every laptop I have tried, which is annoying. I eventually stopped bringing it along because of this.

2)- The buttons "feel" identical. The buttons are tiny don't have any distinguishing shapes. You have to practice like crazy to be able to get say, the upper right versus the far right (these feel like "all the way back and a bit up" and "all the way back" respectively).

3)- The mouse has a sort of strange feel to it for me.

What I like about it: accurate pointer tracking, small form, buttons.

I'm going to echo what a lot of posters in here have already said: get a G600. I've been recommending this mouse to all my guildies. It's absolutely aces. It has that same field of buttons, but each one is different feeling, so you quickly learn how to press one but not the other. They also aren't all tiny and inset, but each has depth and is generally much better. Plus, it comes with an option to have it flow rainbow colors, which is totally great :P

The configuration tool for Logitech is IMO the best in the industry, super quick to configure, never had a tech issue. I know it sounds all fanboy, but I really think they bring the goods for now.

Quote Originally Posted by thepreacher View Post
    I used the standard Naga for a while and it was ok. Too many buttons though. I switched to the Naga Hex and haven't been happier.
    Naga hex here too. The side buttons are more easily distinguished and hit in fast paced action and with modifiers and the keyboard I don't really struggle for binds. The buttons behind the wheel are irritating though, would prefer the placement the old naga had and the molten still does.

Playing on a mac and Logitech don't have a config tool for us, Razer does.
    Last edited by sporadic; 2013-02-12 at 10:24 PM.

Yes.

/10char

I've had mine for about 2 or 3 years and it's still going strong. Not sure what you guys are doing to your mice.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    I got a naga molten the day the came out, still going strong.. had ZERO issues with the buttons. It'll get replaced when it dies.. with another naga, no hesitation.

Just buy the mouse from Best Buy. Pay the extra $15 for the 2 year protection plan. Free mice for life whenever it dies, and it will die razor products are shit.

I have had a naga for just over a year and I love it. Couldn't recommend it more, as long as you get used to it; just gives so many extra binds.

Logitech G600 beats Naga in every way, so no, it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by halax View Post
    after about a year the buttons will break.
    I've had my naga for well over a year, every button works just fine still. Maybe I'm just very lucky, but, I like the mouse and have never had a problem with it.

Had mine going on 3 yrs with no issues at all. 3 of the number pads buttons dont light up anymore, but that is more cosmetics. I highly recommend and cant imagine gaming without it. the logitech one is good too, feels a little bulkier and the buttons are more pronounced. i never found use for the added buttons compared to the naga.

Definitely worth it. I've had mine since early 2011 and I still love it.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    They are great and really useful in practically all games..it's just they break incredibly quickly and cost tons >.< Got my current one last march and no problems yet so just got to keep hoping :P

After reading all these responses, I'm rather stumped on whether razer nagas trumph logitech G600s.

I've only used basic logitech mice all my life, but they've never failed to break in some form within a year. I'm not some kind of rager, but I do like to click a lot. I guess judging by this, a razer naga would last me a couple of months at best.

It'll tremendously increase your skills to use a mouse with buttons.

But lol as long as we're trading "breaking" stories. My mouse buttons never broke but sometimes the special button on the top left near Left Click would be weird and not work all the time. And also, after about like 8 months? My Razer Left Click button got fucked up and would double click all the time, making it impossible to highlight anything or really use the internet on my desktop effectively.

Deleted
    Well i`m happy with mine one have it from 3 months and change mine gameplay alot makes some keybinds more easly only have problems with Vodhooaddon but there mine old normal 5 keys mouse works perfect

10+ Year Old Account
    When you first try Naga, you never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    And also, after about like 8 months? My Razer Left Click button got fucked up and would double click all the time, making it impossible to highlight anything or really use the internet on my desktop effectively.
    That would be crap that has gathered up under the left click button. Take the mouse apart and clean it out every now and then. A high-performance piece of tech doesn't run without maintenance.
    Last edited by Tzalix; 2013-02-13 at 01:59 AM.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Get a Logitech G600 instead, more buttons than a naga, and much easier to 'feel' your way around them. Also a 3rd mouse button make sa great mod key..
    That's really relative. After 1 week of getting used to my Naga (molten edition - the layout is the same though) those 12 buttons and their location below my thumb became second nature. It isn't such a nightmare to get used to them, that you'd want another mouse to avoid that layout.

On another hand, a mouse with so many buttons as the Naga or other similar mouse is the greatest thing a mmo player could have.

I have my Naga for a year now, there's no problem with it, it automatically installed the drivers when i plugged it the first time, never had a driver issue with it, none of the buttons show any signs of starting to malfunction as people state every Naga will after a few months. It could well pass for a new out-of-the-box mouse today, if it wasn't for it being dirty.... i... i sweat a lot from my hands...
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2013-02-13 at 02:05 AM.