Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Vattenmelon View Post
    I don't understand what's up with all the "it breaks" thing. Of all the products I've bought in my life, none has stopped working, only thing that has stopped working for me was a calculator that I received from school (got a new one for free), and a headset which I broke (by an "accident"). Even when I owned a gamecube it tumbled over several times, never got damage in any way, I've dropped my phone very many times, never broke. Am I lucky?
    i had a mouse from logitect. and it goes like bought it on 1-1-1995.
    broke on 1-3-1995. then got a new one at 1-4-1995.
    broke again on 1-7-1995. then got another one. and that one lasted for like 5 years. and then i bought a new one because i wanted to.

    so sometimes thing break very easy. it a bit of both i think:P

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    overrated mouse and anything you buy from razer usually breaks really fast so don't bother
    Completely false. I've had my Naga for years and it hasn't skipped a beat.

    Do I recommend the Naga? Yes.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    i hear alot of great stuff about that kind of products. but i got one question. how do you use it? do you still play with wasd? or do you do everyting with that second keyboard. and only type with your normal keyboard?
    Well, there was a video on the site, it seems like you move with something that imitates WASD, not sure.

    And I'm pretty sure you just type with a normal keyboard. I've never played with something like that, though.

  4. #124
    I had a Naga for about 3 years and last month I replaced it with a G600. The G600 gets my vote. For me at least, it's more comfortable because of how much bigger/wider it is. The buttons feel more solid and the mouse clicks are more crisp (but maybe comparing a 3 year old mouse to a brand new one isn't fair). Then I never really liked the gloss on the Naga and the G600 has none, and you can't change the colors of the lights on the Naga (that one's not a big deal but it is cool being able to change the colors, and the pulse speed, on the G600). Naga has no on-board memory either.

    My Naga had to be replaced because the right click and middle click were both double clicking, and the left click double clicked after about a year, but I put some white lithium grease on it and it fixed it ever since. I stripped one of the screws pretty hard when I fixed the left click, and all the glue that holds the thin pad that goes around the outside of the bottom of the mouse was turning all gooey. I didn't want to worry about all that when I had to take it apart and put it back together again so I just went out and bought a new mouse.

    Pretty much the only reason I didn't get a Naga again was because they moved the location of the mouse 4 and 5 (forward and backward) buttons to behind the mouse wheel. I had the old style with those buttons at the left of the left click.

    I'm glad I picked up the G600 instead too, because I couldn't list a single thing I like more about the Naga. I feel like you get more quality all around with the G600, it's better feeling mouse with better software.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2013-02-13 at 10:58 PM.

  5. #125
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Finland
    Posts
    472
    Broke down in the middle of a arena. I took it apart and didnt see anything broken really, what a piece of shit. And allround shitty quality. Software is shit. Good thing i didnt smash it to thousand pieces, wouldnt have been able to return it

  6. #126
    unless you have serious problems using your keyboard (no idea how or why that would be so), then no

    even then, it's razer, so.... don't expect much. and be prepared to fork out a ton of $$ for it

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I had a Naga for about 3 years and last month I replaced it with a G600. The G600 gets my vote. For me at least, it's more comfortable because of how much bigger/wider it is. The buttons feel more solid and the mouse clicks are more crisp (but maybe comparing a 3 year old mouse to a brand new one isn't fair). Then I never really liked the gloss on the Naga and the G600 has none, and you can't change the colors of the lights on the Naga (that one's not a big deal but it is cool being able to change the colors, and the pulse speed, on the G600). Naga has no on-board memory either.

    My Naga had to be replaced because the right click and middle click were both double clicking, and the left click double clicked after about a year, but I put some white lithium grease on it and it fixed it ever since. I stripped one of the screws pretty hard when I fixed the left click, and all the glue that holds the thin pad that goes around the outside of the bottom of the mouse was turning all gooey. I didn't want to worry about all that when I had to take it apart and put it back together again so I just went out and bought a new mouse.

    Pretty much the only reason I didn't get a Naga again was because they moved the location of the mouse 4 and 5 (forward and backward) buttons to behind the mouse wheel. I had the old style with those buttons at the left of the left click.

    I'm glad I picked up the G600 instead too, because I couldn't list a single thing I like more about the Naga. I feel like you get more quality all around with the G600, it's better feeling mouse with better software.
    How would you respond to one of comments earlier in this thread that talked about how the side buttons from the G600 were harder to click for him than those from the naga?

  8. #128
    Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,733
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Get a Logitech G600 instead, more buttons than a naga, and much easier to 'feel' your way around them. Also a 3rd mouse button make sa great mod key..
    i just got this one, we'll see how it works. its also cheaper than the naga.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by sauron123 View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Naga-Spe...rds=razer+naga

    I currently have a normal optical mouse and I am thinking of buying the above linked one.

    Has anyone who has Razer Naga found it to be worth its price ? (i.e whether their programmable mouse buttons really made your gameplay better)

    No, razer stuff is expensive stuff for rich kids. It will break quickly.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by jschulth View Post
    I also have a hard time believing you need 48 keybinds in this game.
    At max lvl with rotations I think the most keys people use for their role is still under 10.
    Add cooldowns, maybe a mount, maybe even a target mark.
    After you get past your standard keybinds (non mouse around your movement fingers on the keyboard) there is no way you need 48 keys bound. Unless you are binding food/drink/bags/character screen/stupid chat macro's/etc inifity list.
    You should really ask how many keys you might actually need binding.
    For me it was under 9.
    For others (assuming keyboard turners) it might be more.
    Pretty much every spell needs a button, and the macro's, and if yr a healer a target switch, etc etc etc

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    i just got this one, we'll see how it works. its also cheaper than the naga.
    My razer middle mouse button is nearly dead, i'm also going for the logitech g600.
    With logitech the mouse shoes will already be worn off before the mouse dies, still my razer lasted 1year and a half.

  12. #132
    I have had my naga and razer keyboard for over 2 years without them breaking, you just have to treat your equipment with care and they wont break.

    To me the naga has been well worth it, will take some getting used to it, but in the end it all comes down to what you as an individuel feels.

  13. #133
    Brewmaster Narna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Backyard. Digging for oil.
    Posts
    1,277
    Been using my Razer Naga for 3 years now, still going strong. None of the buttons are broken, everything still works.
    Troll's Life Mon.
    Nra|Nua|Nura|Comedy

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by jschulth View Post
    You should really ask how many keys you might actually need binding.
    For me it was under 9.
    For others (assuming keyboard turners) it might be more.
    when you're a keyboard turner, you don't need your mouse to steer and you can click buttons (so need less binds).
    That doesn't make sense >.<. damage abilities, cc, survival etc. How can you only use 9binds. I think you play in a very crippled way. I already need 11 binds for all my different totems

    I'm using 40binds so i never have to click an ability (some with modifier). only stuff i click are imbues and res, though i got imbue swap macro's when needed. just like click extraactionbuttonmacro's i only put on my bars when needed. also have a bind for symbiosis.

  15. #135
    Bloodsail Admiral Barny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ventilation shaft. How do you know that?
    Posts
    1,193
    I just bought one and decided to give a honest review of it (note, I have big hands)

    - It's not very big, pictures make it look bigger.
    - It's lightweight, too lightweight tbh.
    - All buttons feel the same, 6/12 buttons have a little line wich you can barely feel.
    I have to add that the Razor Naga does come with two sets of rubber stickers (12 each), they are round and button shaped.
    - The cord is flexible and strong
    - To get the most out of your mouse, download Razer Synapse 2.0.
    - Under the mouse there is a little switch so you can select either 123 or Numpad keys

    That's all for now
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think MMO-C should be renamed "HJTC-C" - Hyperbolic Jumping To Conclusions Champion.

  16. #136
    Not worth the cost at all, but, if you do get it, it'll be a fantastic addition to your gameplay.
    Moderator for Heroes of the Storm
    Tier lists: Srey's | McIntyre's | Grubby's
    Lastest hero: Stukov, The Infested Admiral

    "Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged."

  17. #137
    MY naga is fine, i've had mine for a litrtle over 2yrs.I have replaced it BUT only coz i felt a few minor probs and i had insurance on it so I didnt take chances.I still do on this one but i have not had any probs that have forced me to trade this one in for a new one ever since.The only annoyign prob with razer is that they still have not fixed the "reconnect mouse after restart" issue which has been with my mouse forever.

    I do have their first generation Naga though so I assume the 2012 and beyond razer mice are much better.So yeah you have to understand that aside from steelseries ...they had the only mmo mouse out there for the longest time and i feel they did a pretty descent job.

    I do have enough money now to buy a new mouse, but it would be a waste of money atm.I need to upgrade my comp first.I do also have a logitech g13 gamming pad.So i'm not an uber razer fanboy.

  18. #138
    screw razer, buy a g600!

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by deltons View Post
    I never said you NEEDED 48 keybinds. You said this:

    I just pointed out that the statement you made was 100% false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    If you haven't even USED the firmware of razer, then please don't even BOTHER posting about the naga.

    Don't listen to jschulth, you can re-configure ALL of your mouse buttons to ANY key you want them to be (even modifiers) with the drivers.
    Do you even take the time to read what he said? Because in case you haven't figured it out, you just proved his point.

    You say that you can re-bind the Naga buttons to whichever keyboard key you want. Correct. That's what he said. The Naga buttons are not NEW buttons, they are not +buttons to the ones you already have on your keyboard. That was his point.
    Supposedly the 3 Logitech buttons will show up as: Mouse button 4,5,6 thus giving you 3x3 (from modifiers) = 9 new buttons in addition to everything on your keyboard.

    Unless the Naga buttons can appear as additional Mouse buttons in a game's keybind menus. If not, then he's right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    The only alternative is the logitech g600 which has MANY flaws in it (lots of double clicking, and mouse going all over the screen).
    That's kinda ironic though, ain't it? Since Razer mice are known to be the most defective with random double clicks. People mention that with their Nagas even in this thread. Not saying the G600 is better, just that this argument is invalid when it comes to the 2 mice's comparison.
    Last edited by Andeus; 2013-02-14 at 03:26 PM.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Buy it

    If it breaks, talk to Razor support, they're quite sympathetic when it comes to replacing things even out of warranty, for them it prevents people posting on random internet forums when others ask about their products, with answers such as "No no no" or "Don't buy this, what ever you do", although usually those kind of people haven't even tried to get it replaced, they just QQ

    Also for everyone posting about it breaking after X months, you've been dumb, all electronic goods are forced by law to have a 1 year return to factory warranty which you can either do by sending it back to the retailer or taking it up with the manufacturer
    I was not very satisfied with their customer support. I had a naga that was just over a month old and the laser died (seriously. 1 month and it died). At first it started tracking really weird, then it just stopped tracking entirely. I did every basic and more advanced troubleshooting idea myself before I assumed it was dead (clean the lens, different USB port, different computer, reload drivers, etc), and of course when I email them they shoot back an email to tell me to do everything I had already tried. When I told them I had already done it, they wanted a copy of my receipt before they would consider an RMA, and after all that I had to wait about a month to get it back. What if it had been 6 months down the line and I didn't have the receipt any longer, would they have just told me tough luck?

    I love the design of the mouse, I love the feel and the layout, but the reliability and the customer support leaves something to be desired. I'm still using that same RMA'd mouse, but it is starting to act up again and I think is probably going to die soon.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •