Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #161
    Mechagnome Sarthan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    642
    Love my naga epic. I am now saving up for this monster:
    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...lker-ultimate/

  2. #162
    Bottom line is it's a great mouse but will probably break after a year.

    If you can justify the cost knowing it will only last a year, go for it.

  3. #163
    Not worth it at all. It's really hard to get used too and buying better mouse (like Razer Imperator), then assigning sidemouse button (or two) to whatever mod (ctrl, alt) that's hard for you to reach will net better results.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Not worth it at all. It's really hard to get used too and buying better mouse (like Razer Imperator), then assigning sidemouse button (or two) to whatever mod (ctrl, alt) that's hard for you to reach will net better results.
    I have no idea what you people are doing with your mice, but I've had mine for two years plus and never had one issue with it.

    Great investment.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by jschulth View Post
    No, No and NO
    I can't emphasize my no as much as I want to.

    I bought that exact same mouse a while ago and replaced it with a logitech g500 within 2 weeks.
    It is wasn't about the quality of the mouse. Buttons were fine.

    What drove me crazy is - yeah you have 12 buttons on the side. But those represent literally buttons 1-0 on the keyboard. They aren't "Extra" buttons. They are copies of keyboard buttons.
    They way WoW works you will have a hell of a time figuring out how to macro all of that together.
    What you were hoping to be "Shift-extra button one" turns into "Shift-the number one on your keyboard" which i'm guessing is already bound to an action.

    The software is also amazingly clunky.
    Let me repeat my emphasis.
    The 3 buttons on my logitech side give me 9 possible combinations of NEW keys.
    The 12 buttons on the razr give you ZERO possible combinations of NEW keys.

    I can not imagine a game where that mouse would be useful.
    There is a swith to set the buttons to the num pad so i keybind them all to that giving me 1-9

    edit forgot to say got it in november best mouse i ever had. Playing a hunter with it is just insane.
    Last edited by derp101; 2013-02-18 at 01:50 PM.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I loved mine! For around 3 months... then it broke for no apparent reason. Same with my keyboard. Was not impressed, given I had spent $85 on the mouse and $100 on the keyboard.
    You either got unlucky or are extremely hard on or stupid with your electronics. Every razer product I have had has lasted at least 3-4 years. I have only had to replace my keyboard/mouse once in 6 years. The mouse finally just quit working correctly and I had played so much with my keyboard that i broke off the space bar and couldn't replace it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 01:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by gingerlemon View Post
    Bottom line is it's a great mouse but will probably break after a year.

    If you can justify the cost knowing it will only last a year, go for it.
    What the hell do you people do to your electronics to break them so quickly? I've never had any mouse or keyboard last any less than 4 years from razer or any other company.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by krisfour View Post
    I have no idea what you people are doing with your mice, but I've had mine for two years plus and never had one issue with it.

    Great investment.
    I'm not claiming that it'll break. I'm just saying:
    1) it's huge
    2) side buttons are too close to each other
    3) using alt/shift/ctrl mod will easilly eliminate need in extra mouse buttons

    My personal Naga is somewhere in the closet since 2 weeks after i bought it. Not a great investment for me.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    I'm not claiming that it'll break. I'm just saying:
    1) it's huge
    2) side buttons are too close to each other
    3) using alt/shift/ctrl mod will easilly eliminate need in extra mouse buttons

    My personal Naga is somewhere in the closet since 2 weeks after i bought it. Not a great investment for me.
    I wouldn't say its that big. I have average size hands and it fits perfectly for me. I use the 1-9 buttons on the side for WoW with shift and alt 1-9 as well. I haven't touched my number row on my keyboard while playing video games in 6 years. I won't dispute how close they are because that is your opinion. I think they are ok, could be spread out a bit better however.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanamman View Post
    What the hell do you people do to your electronics to break them so quickly? I've never had any mouse or keyboard last any less than 4 years from razer or any other company.
    5 minutes googling will inform you that these mice have an incredibly high failure rate.

    Mine still works fine, (my previous mouse lasted almost 5 years and my keyboard is like 10 years old!) but you have to bet with the odds in mind, and the fact is they have a high failure rate.

  10. #170
    Brewmaster Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,274
    Have had mine for over 2 years, no malfunctions or breaks of any kind, still running strong.

    I love this mouse, took me less than a day to get use to the button layout.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by sauron123 View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Naga-Spe...rds=razer+naga

    I currently have a normal optical mouse and I am thinking of buying the above linked one.

    Has anyone who has Razer Naga found it to be worth its price ? (i.e whether their programmable mouse buttons really made your gameplay better)
    1. A lot of people who use a mouse with the extra buttons, over hype the benefits of doing so. It's virtually no better to use a Naga for keybinds over using your keyboard instead. In fact, splitting the work between two hands is technically more responsive and engaging than just using the one hand.

    2. The Razer brand is a prime example of cheaply made peripherals. Instead of spending $70-150 on high quality, well made peripherals that last for years, you end up replacing them sooner because parts break/wear out. I've had the same Microsoft 5 button wireless mouse for about 3 years now. I take it apart, clean it out regularly, and everything still works great.

    You should NEVER spend more than $30-40 for a mouse or a keyboard, you will be paying for the name brand more than anything else if you do.

    3. They are hard to find these days, but wired peripherals are still heads and shoulders better than wireless. Better response time, they don't eat batteries (even though I currently use a wireless mouse, I still recommend wired), and they will generally be less expensive and just as well made as any wireless product. To be fair, some of the Razer mice come with the option to be wired or wireless, but my point still stands. You would be better off buying a wired Microsoft anything over a Razer product.

    Good luck on your purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin
    Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

    Every time you have a question that begins with "Why?" that is about what other people prefer to do with their own goddamn time, come back here, and reread the first row of this post. That will ALWAYS be the answer to your question. Have a nice day.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    overrated mouse and anything you buy from razer usually breaks really fast so don't bother
    You realize it comes with a two year warranty (plus extra if you pay). My left button was multi clicking after a year, so I brought it to the Razer Rep in my city and got a new one free of charge. Razer has good customer support.

  13. #173
    Epic! schwank05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sanborn, MN
    Posts
    1,721
    I cant do the Naga, it has too many buttons and I have fat fingers. So I have some iBUYPOWER mouse a friend gave me with 2 buttons on the side that I use for Strafe L/R and it is just the right amount of buttons for me at least. keybinds have just been easier for me.

  14. #174
    Bloodsail Admiral Devorawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,066
    Had a Naga. Got it on launch, broke in September last year, well worth the money.

    I have the logitech G600 now. Imo it's a better mouse. It's easier to learn, it's got a nicer grip and it has a modifier key on the mouse as a sort of mouse button to the right of the right mouse button.

    If you want a Naga, I don't think you'll be disappointed. People claim that Razer stuff breaks all the time, I have a feeling these claims are often over exaggerated. Every company has a few iffy units, neither my Naga nor my Blackwidow have broken before I deemed their lifespan to be up.

    Although, whilst we're on the subject, my Logictech G600 has broken more times than my Naga. A total of once, lol.
    If you spend your entire life getting senpai to notice you, you'll never notice anyone else.

    2philosophical4me

  15. #175
    Bloodsail Admiral nerdjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    You should NEVER spend more than $30-40 for a mouse or a keyboard, you will be paying for the name brand more than anything else if you do.
    That's not really true. There are a lot of obscenely overpriced and mediocre gaming peripherals out there for sure, but most of the legitimately best mice are priced around $40-60 and a decent mechanical keyboard is probably going to be $80-100 minimum. You just have to be smart about what you're buying.

  16. #176
    Bloodsail Admiral Devorawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    You should NEVER spend more than $30-40 for a mouse or a keyboard, you will be paying for the name brand more than anything else if you do.
    I disagree.

    Mainly because once you go past the £30 mark (Or higher) the Mice aren't priced up because of the quality, but because of gimmicks and extra features.

    I would never spend as much as I did on my Naga if it didn't have the extra buttons.

    Also, you mentioned that the buttons are no better than using a Keyboard?

    For some of us, binding lots of keys to a keyboard can be a hassle.

    For example, I'm of very small stature and I can't reach past the number 6 key comfortably, limiting the keybinds I can use by half.

    With the Naga (and my Logitech G600) I can fully utilise all 12 keys to their full extent, giving me tonnes of extra space for my abilities.

    Also, you're able to split the work between both hands with a Naga, they're not just replacements for the easily accessible keyboard binds. You can set them to the number pad buttons giving you easy access to not only 12 buttons on your keyboard + modifiers but a bonus 12 + modifiers on the Mouse. Not every situation will call for so many keybinds, but one would assume that you're buying a mouse like a Naga or G600 because you are in that situation. I also find this easier to use than key modifiers. I mentioned my small hands? Well, having to hold down a modifier key is uncomfortable because I have to stretch even further. With the G600 and it's modifier button on the mouse, I can do that without breaking a sweat and rather comfortably too.
    If you spend your entire life getting senpai to notice you, you'll never notice anyone else.

    2philosophical4me

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by akon View Post
    So far I noticed noone mentioned any Roccat products, do they worth anything at all? I have a friend who is a big fan of Roccat and its products. Any thoughts?
    Shit , roccat is shit , have had mine for over 4 years now it's broken but I hold on to it to make the most out of what it cost me . in year 2 some plastic thing (the plastic thing that protects the sidelights) broke , had to fix it with glue myself year 3 problems with the wheel , just stopped working , to this day i have a Roccat kone without Wheel , just because i refuse to throw my money away.
    Last edited by rakall; 2013-02-18 at 09:38 PM.

  18. #178
    I recently switched over to the Naga and it's really useful when playing melee classes especially, where you really need your left hand for swapping between strafe directions while spamming, say, Frost Strike to dump runic power. The problem it solved was that rapidly having to swap between A and D kept changing which finger I wanted to use to hit X or C, so somebody who hits ZXCVB with their thumb, or primarily plays ranged, really doesn't need it.

  19. #179
    I disagree.

    Mainly because once you go past the £30 mark (Or higher) the Mice aren't priced up because of the quality, but because of gimmicks and extra features.
    Let's say we chalked it up to the costs of parts. Take your fancy mouse/keyboard with all it's gimmicks and extra features, and the cost of the raw materials to make it will be a tiny sliver of the cost you paid for it. The difference between my $30 microsoft keyboard/mouse and your fancy one is that the materials used to manufacture it represent a significantly larger portion of the cost I paid to buy it. IE, it was more cost effective. At the end of the day, there is no such thing as a mouse/keyboard that doesn't wear out or break, and over the course of technology advancements in the future, you will likely spend significantly more for the same functionality.

    Does that mean you shouldn't buy a nice keyboard and mouse? No, you can buy whatever you want. I'm just pointing out the fact that more expensive stuff doesn't equate into nicer stuff. Therefore, based on my own personal experience with computers and peripherals, I can safely suggest that spending more than $30-40 on a mouse or keyboard, is not a wise choice.
    Last edited by Eroginous; 2013-02-19 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin
    Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

    Every time you have a question that begins with "Why?" that is about what other people prefer to do with their own goddamn time, come back here, and reread the first row of this post. That will ALWAYS be the answer to your question. Have a nice day.

  20. #180
    Keyboard Turner abandonctrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    hollister,california
    Posts
    4
    I currently have a normal optical mouse and I am thinking of buying the above linked one.

    Has anyone who has Razer Naga found it to be worth its price ? (i.e whether their programmable mouse buttons really made your gameplay better)
    yes its nice, no its not worth it. The right click goes out way to fast, and well most razor products are made with crappy parts in genral. I would stick to a 6 button mouse or even a 4 button mouse. Remember ur key binds l2 use ur mose like shift leftclick, shift right click, Alt left click, alt right click and so on hope this helps. I have gone threw about 2 nagas in 1 year and wont waste my money with another. went back to my old steel series mouse and couldnt be any more happy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •