Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jschulth View Post
    I also have a hard time believing you need 48 keybinds in this game.
    At max lvl with rotations I think the most keys people use for their role is still under 10.
    Add cooldowns, maybe a mount, maybe even a target mark.
    After you get past your standard keybinds (non mouse around your movement fingers on the keyboard) there is no way you need 48 keys bound. Unless you are binding food/drink/bags/character screen/stupid chat macro's/etc inifity list.
    You should really ask how many keys you might actually need binding.
    For me it was under 9.
    For others (assuming keyboard turners) it might be more.
    What class do you play that you only need 9 keybinds and you don't click things?

I know with my toons I have 30 to 50 each with 1 to 5 of those being cd macros or things of that nature. For most classes just interrupts, offensive and defensive cds and any sort of purge/debuffing type of spells will eat up 10 things.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 10:38 AM ----------

The logitech version of the naga is far more reliable and slightly cheaper. It is hard to not pick the choice that cost less and lasts longer.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I don't like to use mouse buttons as hotkeys simply because you lose accuracy with your pointer in that way. Sure, it is more prominent in games like Dota 2 but if I have to move my thumb the slighest, I don't have as much precision with my pointer and in WoW that translates to not having full control over character while running. This is especially true for spells you use on the move a lot. Those spells are horrible to bind to a mouse button in my opinon. Casts maybe works, but then again, you still lose accuracy.

I have around 65 keybinds I think, where maybe 8 of them are bound to my mouse (Mionix Naos 5000) and rest on keyboard. There are plenty of hotkeys on the keyboard, you just gotta use them all and learn to use them.

So I'd recommend spending your money on a mouse that is comfortable and has good accuracy. I think paying money for those two things is much more valuable than paying for 10 extra buttons which you can use the keyboard for.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-02-20 at 01:23 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have two nagas for both my desktop and laptop. I have never had any issues with either minus the cord getting worn down from rubbing on my old computer desk, but it didnt effect the mouse at all. Id say the best thing to do would be go to best buy and buy both and just return whichever one you dont like. With best buys return policy you have 30 days to return it with no questions asked, so take advantage of that and give both a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halax View Post
    after about a year the buttons will break.
    This is too true. I have given Razer every chance imaginable to impress me... and none of their products hold up to aggressive/frequent game play. Razer is good for about three months, then it's over. I'd buy a Logitech product for 5 bucks, they're more durable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, definitely. I love the Razer Naga and I have had mine without problems for over 3 years now. (The pre-2012 model)

Nope,buy the Mamba 4G 6400dpi,works perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by jschulth View Post
    I also have a hard time believing you need 48 keybinds in this game.
    At max lvl with rotations I think the most keys people use for their role is still under 10.
    Add cooldowns, maybe a mount, maybe even a target mark.
    After you get past your standard keybinds (non mouse around your movement fingers on the keyboard) there is no way you need 48 keys bound. Unless you are binding food/drink/bags/character screen/stupid chat macro's/etc inifity list.
    You should really ask how many keys you might actually need binding.
    For me it was under 9.
    For others (assuming keyboard turners) it might be more.
    If it's pvp you could, if not then I would still see 20 to 30 depending on class. I would wager that you might even need more than 48 in pvp. And how are you only using less than 9 O.O

First you say that the naga doesn't add any more keybinding functionality that other mouses bring then you say that you don't really even need that many anyways. I don't get it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 01:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    What class do you play that you only need 9 keybinds and you don't click things?

I know with my toons I have 30 to 50 each with 1 to 5 of those being cd macros or things of that nature. For most classes just interrupts, offensive and defensive cds and any sort of purge/debuffing type of spells will eat up 10 things.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 10:38 AM ----------

The logitech version of the naga is far more reliable and slightly cheaper. It is hard to not pick the choice that cost less and lasts longer.
    I can't use a naga myself anyways (hands to big) so i'll probably give logitech a look at.
    Last edited by mmines; 2013-02-20 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    It'll tremendously increase your skills to use a mouse with buttons.
    This is not true. Actually a lot of WoW pro players don't even use the specialized MMO mice with 10+ buttons and instead opt for a good fidelity mouse with simply M4 and M5 buttons.

The amount of buttons on the mice can be replicated easily by keystroke combinations. Actually it is better this way as your "mouse hand" is already busy with movement and clicking. Increasing the amount of buttons will overwork your hand.

The Naga can be good or bad. The first ones were of good quality, the later ones use cheap components so that they will break more easily (they did the same as Logitech). Don't know how good the quality of the latest model is but I wouldn't suggest any Razer product because of their drivers. Their latest drivers require you to make a Razer account and be online and you allow Razer to collect data about your hardware and installed software. Sure you can use the standard Windows driver but then you can only use normal number keys or num-pad.

Nothing razer makes is worth it. just overpriced (if you care for the price, i care mostly about reliability) and unreliable.

The only "Good" idea they brought is making the sound card/processor or w/e its called + the sound control separate from the headphone (= lighter headphone)

if you didn't understand the second line i meant this http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-megalodon

The "Onboard Audio Processing." Even though the 7.1 part is pure Bull and makes sound worse than 2.0

why would you need that many buttons ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Buy it

If it breaks, talk to Razor support, they're quite sympathetic when it comes to replacing things even out of warranty, for them it prevents people posting on random internet forums when others ask about their products, with answers such as "No no no" or "Don't buy this, what ever you do", although usually those kind of people haven't even tried to get it replaced, they just QQ

Also for everyone posting about it breaking after X months, you've been dumb, all electronic goods are forced by law to have a 1 year return to factory warranty which you can either do by sending it back to the retailer or taking it up with the manufacturer
    It doesn't matter whether or not it can be replaced. I shouldn't have to deal with the bullshit of getting it returned in the first place, perhaps they could make a product that is worth a shit, especially when they sell them for exorbitant prices. I mean, if being able to get it fixed is all that matter to you with electronics you might as well buy the cheapest piece with the biggest warrenty you can find. No? That's a Razer product.