I don't understand any of this sha-touched weapon stuff

- Sha-Touched Weapons will not be available in the new Raid tier but will still be available from previous Raids. -> Why would I want to use an item that's weaker than items from the new raid?

- The gem received for completing Breath of the Black Prince can be used on Sha-Touched weapons, but will not be useable on new weapons from the Throne of Thunder Raid. (Don’t throw them out though. You never know if a gem may come back in style.) -> Again, why would I want to use an item that's weaker than items from the new raid?

- Eye of the Black Prince will be able to be used on new Epic Weapons -> What's the point of a prismatic socket? An extra gem? Oh my god, I feel so legendary! Why don't they just allow the legendary gem itself to be leapfrog to new items?

1. maybe for transmog?

2. see 1, and who knows the gems made be used in the actual legendary in the last content patch

3. you just answered that question yourself? the eye will at least FEEL useful to the people who worked their way up from previous tiers to get these items

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    - Sha-Touched Weapons will not be available in the new Raid tier but will still be available from previous Raids. -> Why would I want to use an item that's weaker than items from the new raid?

- The gem received for completing Breath of the Black Prince can be used on Sha-Touched weapons, but will not be useable on new weapons from the Throne of Thunder Raid. (Don’t throw them out though. You never know if a gem may come back in style.) -> Again, why would I want to use an item that's weaker than items from the new raid?

- Eye of the Black Prince will be able to be used on new Epic Weapons -> What's the point of a prismatic socket? An extra gem? Oh my god, I feel so legendary! Why don't they just allow the legendary gem itself to be leapfrog to new items?

What is there to understand? Sha-touched weapons are NOT just LFR, 476, they are ALSO 489 and 502... So what's the problem??!?!? For people (like me) that didn't get their sha-touched weapons *YET* I still welcome it. I don't get what you are missing.. you can't BUY weapons, they have to DROP, if you STILL have the OLDER weapons where are you supposed to get the new weapons osmosis?!?

You DO realize gems are not actually WEAPONS right? Just because they don't have a gem socket doesn't mean they are not viable, I suppose you think that if you have a new RAID we should simply skip LFR and go right to heroic, hmmm??? Brilliant, it's CALLED progression.. you use this weapon to get BETTER weapons.. DUH!

Why we have to explain such simple things is truly spectacular . . . .
    Last edited by rjparker1; 2013-02-12 at 06:34 PM.

I supose the weapon will be upgraded along the way.
    Solo scenario with black prince and a forge might point to that <.<

I take the meaning of the weapon is to make it follow you most of the expansion. Being legendary and stuff. So would be strange if they didn't make it good enough to do that.
    Since it's an evolving story, and other legendaries also were upgraded some times on the way i don't get why so many people complain,that they don't get the legendary from day one.

I dare you to throw the weapon out if you really believe it to be the case, that they just want you to carry it, when it's worse than other weapons.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    the way i see it is as followed:

wrathion says;
    "hmm, you gotta prove you're awesome, if you do. i'll give you a nice gem!"
    get gem, time to get sha touched weapon
    "okey, okey, you look alright. but i'm no entirly conviced yet. you know what? to help you prove you're awesome i'll give you some smal thingy to assist you
    get extra socket
    "you're on fire huh? well, you can't quite play with the big boys yet, but i'll help you with this new shiny, all those jewelcrafters will be so pissed off!"
    get metagem.
    5.3 / 5.4
    "you the man! you know what? i'll give you a weapon made with black dragon scales and forged in the fires of my own heart! get me bla bla item! to power it up, let end boss (sha that posses garrosh) "touch it!" (transform from epic to legendary weapon) now you can use the socket and the gem i gave you in 5.0 & 5.1! the gem in 5.2 was really just to piss of those jewelcrafters. ./giggle"

probably something along those lines.

Heroic sha-touched weapons will remain BiS (at least until heroic ToT loot) for a lot of classes purely because of the sha-touched socket within them, upsetting, but true.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh